Diablo® III

An "Intelligent" assessment on ROS..so far

11/27/2013 08:41 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
And you have admitted to trading and buying items. So if you dislike it so much, why do you do it?

I am addicted :)

Even before coming to this post I was looking at the AH to see what I could do...instead of playing the game. Without the AH I will play the game more and have more fun doing it since I can upgrade and find my own items without having someone else find it and post it on a thread / ah.

The mistake I made, and I am sure others feel the same, was buying the first item I ever bought on the AH. Why? Because now every item I found was crap automatically. Thus the need for the AH came in because never in a million years...except a few awesome rare occasions like my skorn...would I ever find the items I now saw on the AH during my own gameplay. This is why Blizz is taking down the AH. Because a lot of people feel they have to use it. Even if they "fixed" itemization people would still use the AH because you can probably find a better item there. Take away the AH, have players play the game, players find / craft their own gear, player takes pride in their own character.

That is how I want to play...you may not want to but that is where the game is going.

If, and I know we hate the word "if", drop rates are anything like the console version you wont have a problem finding your items you need for a build.

Not to mention there are going to be tons of new way to play your WD with all the new item affixes coming...why limit yourself to 0dogs or CoB?

We have seen a demo of the Thorns build on a crusader that could easily transfer to WD.
There are pet boosting items coming.
Fetish items
Etc Etc

Wait and see what is coming before you go all nerd rage on the forums. As much as most people think Blizz is not stupid. They are professionals who plan and test before they implement. They are not perfect...they are human. Give it time.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 10:25 PMPosted by LordAmsa
Not to derail this thread, but doesn't he do fund raisers and actually donate them? Not sure, but if that's the case, not too bad for a circus clown :)

oh I was kiding pal, I know his work, I guess I was referring to his energy, which I wish I had :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 11/27/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 10:27 PMPosted by rockon87
If, and I know we hate the word "if", drop rates are anything like the console version you wont have a problem finding your items you need for a build.

I hope not. They went a little overboard on how easy it is to find items in game for the console. They just can't find a middle line lol. If items are too easy to find on PC, then you'll have a somewhat polished build within a couple of weeks. I see how that kind of drop rate works for the console, but not sure how it'll go with non-casual PC players esp with the lack of solid end game ideas. As Reaper666 stated, as of right now with every idea on the table considered, players will hit the same wall with RoS like the wall they hit in classic D3.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 10:29 PMPosted by REAPER666
oh I was kiding pal, I know his work, I guess I was referring to his energy, which I wish I had :P

His energy? Lol, if that's the case then yeah, most def a circus clown. I wasn't sure about his work, I just remember reading something about a fundraiser a couple of years back when OGFurious was still around.
Reply Quote
I hope not. They went a little overboard on how easy it is to find items in game for the console. They just can't find a middle line lol. If items are too easy to find on PC, then you'll have a somewhat polished build within a couple of weeks.

See the thing is yes the drop rate is high on Console...BUT...all the new items are not on Console. So the new items will saturate the current drop rate and I would think even it out.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
A lot of cool ideas are being thrown around in here. That's what we need more of... instead of the shouting matches in General. It gets so difficult to converse there sometimes :/

Again, once the holidays are done with over here (for the time being), I'll do my best to try and get as much of this feedback to the right people if they haven't read through this already.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
Thanks J...I hope it gets noticed :)

alot of smart players here that know what there talking about for sure
Reply Quote
View profile

Even before coming to this post I was looking at the AH to see what I could do...instead of playing the game. Without the AH I will play the game more and have more fun doing it since I can upgrade and find my own items without having someone else find it and post it on a thread / ah.

I see why you play the way you do, but again you are not forced to play that way. All money in this game is just funny money to me. I have not spent one cent on this game past what I paid for it. It was possible to play and have a good gear set without spending money.

Yes you had to know how and when to trade. But to me that made the game more fun. But all RPG type games that I play require knowledge of items, and when to trade them.

The game you want to play is boring to me. While trading can always be abused. It gives the game a demension past grinding for items. Personally I hate grinding for anything and I hate BoA items now. I have one BoA bracer on my character because I rolled it very early on, and there is just nothing else worth putting there.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 10:27 PMPosted by rockon87
And you have admitted to trading and buying items. So if you dislike it so much, why do you do it?

The mistake I made, and I am sure others feel the same, was buying the first item I ever bought on the AH. Why? Because now every item I found was crap automatically. Thus the need for the AH came in because never in a million years...except a few awesome rare occasions like my skorn...would I ever find the items I now saw on the AH during my own gameplay. This is why Blizz is taking down the AH. Because a lot of people feel they have to use it. Even if they "fixed" itemization people would still use the AH because you can probably find a better item there. Take away the AH, have players play the game, players find / craft their own gear, player takes pride in their own character.

That is how I want to play...you may not want to but that is where the game is going.

Not to mention there are going to be tons of new way to play your WD with all the new item affixes coming...why limit yourself to 0dogs or CoB?

We have seen a demo of the Thorns build on a crusader that could easily transfer to WD.
There are pet boosting items coming.
Fetish items
Etc Etc

Wait and see what is coming before you go all nerd rage on the forums. As much as most people think Blizz is not stupid. They are professionals who plan and test before they implement. They are not perfect...they are human. Give it time.

lol could you be any more of a blizzard fan boy? you make me sick. Not everyone wants to play the way you want them to play. Players want Freedom to play and experiment with the builds they enjoy. You are so arrogant and idiotic its pathetic.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 06:02 AMPosted by REAPER666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghBaQI1XcM

I'm a little behind on this thread but this youtube video from Athene nails it. I agree with him 110%. As much as blizzard and blizzard fan boy's want this game to be self found there really wont be any end game with out the option of player to player trading.

I personally think they took this whole self found player style way to far and as I've said in another post and Athene agree's with me this game wont last longer than maybe 2-3 months for the average player. If you don't believe me just look at D3 console which lasted like 2-3 weeks then everyone quit.

Nearly all the live streamers I've watched all agree that BoA items and gold is a bad move for the game. But I'm thinking that blizzard is making this decision because they feel that if they can't profit from the game no one else will such as 3rd party gold sites, d3geeks, ect. I do agree to some extent that I would personally prefer to be able to grind and find my loot on my own but I don't want my options limited just to playing self found.

I want to be able to trade and buy items. Self found players who are against this really have no reason to b itch because this play style in no way shape or form hurts their game play. They simply don't like the fact that someone else has better gear than them because they may have bought or traded a few pieces. Anyways thats my 2 cents feel free to troll me.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Tocean
After what I have seen, read and heard about, I don't feel like they don't know what they are doing with this game anymore.

I would pay a monthly fee if that meant they would listen to their players and have meaningful updates but that seems like a stretch too.

I want the best for this game and to be able to enjoy it as much as I did D2. But than again everything we remember from D2 is wrong right? lol

I agree with both you and Reaper. I would gladly pay a subscription fee for better service to this game and for them to actually listen to their player base and not claim that they do.
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 10:25 PMPosted by LordAmsa
Not to derail this thread, but doesn't he do fund raisers and actually donate them? Not sure, but if that's the case, not too bad for a circus clown :)

Yes Athene live streams to raise money for the charity of children he has done a lot to help children who are less fortunate. Athene and Archonthewizard were the ones who inspired me to live stream for charity. The charity I streamed for was the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The only reason I quit was because of the viewers, most were just selfish freeloaders who just wanted free gear but didn't want to help contribute to a worthy cause.
Reply Quote
I for one would love to see cosmetic items for Diablo. With transmog coming, this is a perfect time to have various cosmetic items that don't have to take up inventory slots.

From stuff like various wings (Imperius', demon, various elementals, etc) to costumes for followers to things like class exclusive casting effects (example, when a Witch Doctor casts a spell, green fog pour from his/her body).

My only issue would be the pricing. If it's the Wow helmets are all over again ($15 each) then it's something I'll be very picky on buying.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah Reaper, Athene is right. They are removing the Ah and making stuff BoA, yay! But they haven't addressed re-playability apart from Build-Changing Legs, Rifts and Bounties. And I think a lot of re-playability comes from competition, BoA accomplishes part of it. But you can add more of it through PvP, PvEvP and ladders. I think they are on the right track though. RoS is gona be great and I think they are going to be addressing the untouched portions of endgame, the competition, soon after.
Edited by JangBahadur#1968 on 11/30/2013 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 05:11 AMPosted by JangBahadur
They are removing the Ah and making stuff BoA, yay!

Can you explain why this is a "YAY" to you?

Please give me your logical reasoning behind this please

Thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
BoA in a nutshell
1. Allows for more powerful Legendaries
2. Encourages gameplay (you find your own stuff by playing the game)
3. Encourages group play (you can trade with the people you play with)
4. Promotes REAL competition (who can farm the most efficiently, who has best gear, no more Pay2Win PvP, etc)
5. Promotes the "Collector's endgame"

Solid Arguments for BoA - I am convinced!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10490929408
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 05:22 AMPosted by JangBahadur
BoA in a nutshell
4. Promotes REAL competition (who can farm the most efficiently, who has best gear, no more Pay2Win PvP, etc)

1. How does BOA effect the "power" of the leg drops?
2. I guess
3. How does this encourage group play if items are BOA? Well thats the thing , why cant we trade with players in group?..if they are to enforce the BOA rule then extend it to "one" trade, then it binds to the player traded to.
4. Not sure what you mean here...REAL competition?...against who?... who cares who can farm more efficiently? The gear you find should not be be tied up, if players on your friend list can use.
Would there be a website with players pictures having gold stars on their foreheads, stating these are efficient farmers?
5. End game?...after 400 hrs the end game stalls, you will be right back where we left off in D3, grinding endlessly to find better gear then you have.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 11/30/2013 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Interesting watch. I must admit I've found some competition in the auction house to date. Be it last minute sniping or finding out the result of an auction that ended at an impractical time slot with either a bit of a boo-yah or drat depending on the result. Aside from time spent brawling there's not a lot of outlet for it. Achievement is naught without peers.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 05:50 AMPosted by REAPER666
BoA in a nutshell

1. How does BOA effect the "power" of the leg drops?
2. I guess
3. How does this encourage group play if items are BOA? Well thats the thing , why cant we trade with players in group?..if they are to enforce the BOA rule then extend it to "one" trade, then it binds to the player traded to.
4. Not sure what you mean here...REAL competition?...against who?... who cares who can farm more efficiently? The gear you find should not be be tied up, if players on your friend list can use.
Would there be a website with players pictures having gold stars on their foreheads, stating these are efficient farmers?
5. End game?...after 400 hrs the end game stalls, you will be right back where we left off in D3, grinding endlessly to find better gear then you have.

I'm afraid arguing with a self found player really gets you know where they are 100% convinced that this makes D3 a better game. Why? Because they couldn't afford to buy better gear than what they found so they want to force their play style on the rest of us. None of his view points hold water what so ever.
Reply Quote
I have a few questions for you self found players. Why is it so important to you that everyone that plays D3 should play self found? Why do you care if another player pays $100 to gear themselves or $10,000? How does this hurt your game play and enjoyment? This is not a ladder based game so there is no competition on gear lvl in D3. I'm really interested to know why it's so important to you self found players that everyone should have to play the way you want to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]