Diablo® III

An "Intelligent" assessment on ROS..so far

12/01/2013 09:28 PMPosted by LordAmsa
I say just give us a map editor. Let us PC players take control of our own game. Will never happen though.

heh your right my friend, though that would be something huh?
Reply Quote
Based on a lot of what I've seen so far it looks like about half of the players want/agree with Blizzards self found mode and the others don't. I know Blizzard is mainly after the $$$ here but I find it hard to believe that they are going to allow BoA items and gold into RoS at the cost of loosing at least half if not more of their player base.

I watch a lot of live streams, read a lot of websites, forums, ect and a large part of the D3 population is against BoA and are willing to quit the game totally if it goes live. So why would Blizzard launch BoA into RoS at the cost of so many players? I know Blizzard makes some idiotic decisions at times but I don't think they are so idiotic to loose so much money.

The truth is if they remove BoA they will most likely keep about 80-90% of their player base and maybe bring back old and new players, but if they leave BoA in they will most likely loose at least 50% if not more along with bad feed back on seller sites like Amazon.com. Even some of the self found players are against BoA so that tells you something right there. Players like Moldran imo really have no weight in water for decisions like these because if you look at his track record the guy plays for two weeks or so solid then he disappears for 2-3 months.

He has been doing that for the whole year I have been following him so his dedication to the game and opinions just don't matter much. Furthermore he says that he agrees with the AH closure but yet he has filmed countless vids of him item flipping and flat out going nutz enjoying it and now he says that the AH was bad for the game, such a contradiction. DatModz is even worse than Moldran, he is constantly contradicting himself. He says he thinks the game should have certain features or changes then says the complete opposite to agree with Blizzard when they make a change that doesn't go in his original favor.

Tbh I think one way to meet the self founders and non self founders half way in regards to BoA items, is to make all unid legs tradeble, then once the leg is id'd it can only be traded with in the party member's for a certain amount of time (such as the current 2 hour window).

Another option would be to make all legs id'd or unid'd tradeble within your clan provided the clan member has been in your clan for a minimum of 24 hours prior to you receiving the drop that you wish to trade with them.

Tbh getting rid of the AH could have been avoided and remained a useful tool if they would have made gold BoA to begin with along with removal of the RMAH. Meaning gold would be BoA but could still be used to make sales and purchases through the AH. This would have drastically reduced bots and cc warriors owning the game and still allow us players a tool at which we could buy, sell, and trade. A good portion of the fun out of the Diablo Franchise is the economy, the ability to buy and trade items. Like Athene said once you remove that from the game there's really no point to the game, no need to grind.
Reply Quote
As we are soon seeing the end of the AH, I wish to say a big THANK YOU BLIZZARD for the past year! You have provided me a means to play this game from launch date till today because I got to gear all my characters, especially my 0 dog WD, through the AH.

My wife and I have full time jobs, I’ve got two young boys and I have to help out with the household chores. Without the AH, there’s absolutely no way I could grind for self-found gear by playing 6 hours every day.

You know, finding 0 dog gear is really hard. Maybe because I haven’t been playing enough. I’ve yet to find my own Visage of Giyua, skull grasp, SoJ, Homunculus, Tal Rasha’s Relentless Pursuit and Zunimassa’s Pox. But with your AH and a few lucky weeks, I found all these together with the correct stats like pick up radius and health globe bonus that truly made the 0 dog build work beautifully.

And what about my Monk’s Tempest Rush-Exploding Palm-Wave of Light Build? That was slightly easier to put together but without the AH, I think my monk would still be stuck in paragon 1 till today, playing some boring cookie-cutter build.

So I cannot thank you enough for the AH, Blizzard. You’ve really made this game so enjoyable for me.

THANK YOU!
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 02:06 AMPosted by heyguyslol
he says that he agrees with the AH closure but yet he has filmed countless vids of him item flipping and flat out going nutz enjoying it and now he says that the AH was bad for the game, such a contradiction.

^ this. I think he can attribute his youtube success on the AH.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 02:26 AMPosted by CoffeeBlack
he says that he agrees with the AH closure but yet he has filmed countless vids of him item flipping and flat out going nutz enjoying it and now he says that the AH was bad for the game, such a contradiction.

^ this. I think he can attribute his youtube success on the AH.

Well I hate to say the ugly truth about Moldran because I have enjoyed his in game testing and theory crafting and most of the time what he says makes sense but his bandwagon approach to the whole AH closure and BoA items makes no sense.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 02:07 AMPosted by CoffeeBlack
So I cannot thank you enough for the AH, Blizzard. You’ve really made this game so enjoyable for me.

I agree I have had a blast playing and using the AH in D3 and while some may think I've spent more time sitting in front of the AH than playing the game I can only assure them that they are wrong. I've probably spent about 25% of my time on the AH and 75% playing the game but the thing is the AH was part of the game. It was fun buying and selling items or buying and flipping items it was a whole different aspect to the game that provided additional enjoyment beyond just farming. While I do agree I still prefer to be farming than sitting in front of the AH for long periods of time it was a fun aspect of the game and nice to get a good profit from an item you looted or flipped.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/2/2013 3:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tbh getting rid of the AH could have been avoided and remained a useful tool if they would have made gold BoA to begin with along with removal of the RMAH. Meaning gold would be BoA but could still be used to make sales and purchases through the AH. This would have drastically reduced bots and cc warriors owning the game and still allow us players a tool at which we could buy, sell, and trade.

Sorry bro,

I don't understand what you are saying here, can you expound on this?

I think you might be on track if I understand you correctly...just expound on this before I respond please.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 7:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tbh getting rid of the AH could have been avoided and remained a useful tool if they would have made gold BoA to begin with along with removal of the RMAH. Meaning gold would be BoA but could still be used to make sales and purchases through the AH. This would have drastically reduced bots and cc warriors owning the game and still allow us players a tool at which we could buy, sell, and trade.

I always thought it would've made a lot of sense to click on a merchant in game, then it pulls up a real gold ah where the items that you see isn't a random roll pending your level, but items that other players have found to which you can then purchase either there immediately with gold or have an option to contact the seller if further bartering is needed (item to item trade).

If something along these lines are put in RoS, along with the BoA gold as you mentioned, that might actually be enough to convince me to buy the game and actually be excited about it instead of this little feeling of dread.
Edited by LordAmsa#1453 on 12/2/2013 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
I personally appreciate the feedback in this thread and see lots of great ideas and moves that need to happen.

Actually I would like to get more opinions on this as asked by my friend Jaetch

Pretend you're the developer and try to understand why they would consider making legendaries BoA.

Because the game is designed to be a lifelong grindfest?

Because they want you to hunt down your gear without relying too much on others?

Another reason?

If these aren't logical, how would you tackle it?

How would you instate trading without the game become a static trade market?

How would you keep players going in-game instead of waiting in a trade channel for that next upgrade?

Please continue your opinions here guys, please provide logical solutions.

Trust me guys, your opinion matters, the few that have posted here can't be the only ones with opinions and solutions....

Silence is a text easy to misread
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
I feel that there has to be a bigger medium that can be used to facilitate trading across more than just the people in your game. Trading in-game is bad, especially now with no named games. Not to say that it was great in D2 but at least we had another option.

Imagine finding a drop and wanting to trade it for something you need. That would take you out of the action, and distract other players who would stop and look at it / be forced to carry. You would all have to tp and run over to your stash and sort through what you want to trade. Now you actually have to make a deal. This takes at least 2 out of the 4 players away from actually playing. I can see this happening so may times during runs if they were to implement a 2 hour trade rule or whatever. Of course its easy to say, "well why don't you just wait until the end of the game to trade?" I guess you could lol, but i highly doubt people would be so kind as to wait to trade until the end of the game. And than oh noes, time ran out. BoA Hammer!!

I am okay with setting a reasonable time limit for BoA but I don't think 2 hours is what we need. Maybe something along the line of 12-24 hours. This would be enough time for people to play around with the said item, possibly pass it along to someone they know, offer it up to people in their clan etc.

I have no idea who or where it was but I remember someone posted on these forums about having a system of trade where you can place your want to trade items up and also post what you are looking for. You will than receive offers and you can pick the one that suits you best. This could stay connected to your profile page or somehow with you in-game. You would essentially have to have an in-game mailbox. I wonder how much re-purposing they could do of the AH to shape it into a useful trading platform with the above changes or something similar?

How this would work for thousands and thousands of people that now have a limited time to trade idk.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Tocean
I am okay with setting a reasonable time limit for BoA but I don't think 2 hours is what we need. Maybe something along the line of 12-24 hours.

Yeah I have to agree the two hour window should probably be up'd to say the 12-24 hours as you mentioned this way players don't have to stop their run go to town and barter which wastes time. I think an in game mail box is something that should have been implemented a long time ago but since D3 is not a subscription based game features like that are probably not on Blizzards to do list.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 08:38 AMPosted by LordAmsa

I always thought it would've made a lot of sense to click on a merchant in game, then it pulls up a real gold ah where the items that you see isn't a random roll pending your level, but items that other players have found to which you can then purchase either there immediately with gold or have an option to contact the seller if further bartering is needed (item to item trade).

If something along these lines are put in RoS, along with the BoA gold as you mentioned, that might actually be enough to convince me to buy the game and actually be excited about it instead of this little feeling of dread.

Yep this is a good idea.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 07:32 AMPosted by REAPER666

Sorry bro,

I don't understand what you are saying here, can you expound on this?

I think you might be on track if I understand you correctly...just expound on this before I respond please.

Ok if when Blizzard originally launched D3 and they had made a Gold AH only no RMAH and made gold BoA this would have cut down the inflation of prices for items, reduced gold botters, and prevent cc warriors from owning the game. Sure botters would still bot and facilitate items through the GAH but the trouble to do it would not be that profitable and therefor most wouldn't waste their time. I've read a lot on gold botter sites and those guys are lazy fu cks they just want free money without having to do anything and if they botted items and gold it would be so much work for them to move those items and gold that it wouldn't be worth their time, make sense? I think if blizzard would have done this from the beginning or even now it would fix a lot of the problems they have while still allowing us a tool to buy and trade in the game. But unfortunatly it's to late now the AH will die and there is nothing that can be done about it. However, the BoA items might get turned around if enough ppl protest or threaten to not buy RoS. Blizzard doesn't want to loose money so they may rethink this decision.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 10:50 AMPosted by heyguyslol
Ok if when Blizzard originally launched D3 and they had made a Gold AH only no RMAH and made gold BoA this would have cut down the inflation of prices for items, reduced gold botters, and prevent cc warriors from owning the game. Sure botters would still bot and facilitate items through the GAH but the trouble to do it would not be that profitable and therefor most wouldn't waste their time. I've read a lot on gold botter sites and those guys are lazy fu cks they just want free money without having to do anything and if they botted items and gold it would be so much work for them to move those items and gold that it wouldn't be worth their time, make sense? I think if blizzard would have done this from the beginning or even now it would fix a lot of the problems they have while still allowing us a tool to buy and trade in the game. But unfortunatly it's to late now the AH will die and there is nothing that can be done about it. However, the BoA items might get turned around if enough ppl protest or threaten to not buy RoS. Blizzard doesn't want to loose money so they may rethink this decision.

Ok Gotcha, no need to respond then, this is what I thought you meant

Thanks bud.
Reply Quote
Boa will also not solve the problem of buying / selling items / third party sites. If everything is truly BoA and there is no trading than why wouldn't people just equip full accounts and sell them? Is it more risky? Yes, but the reward remains the same; money. Therefore it will happen. How much stuff was duped right under Blizzard's noses while they did nothing? I'm not talking about the gold dupe but all the massive item dupes around. If there is a way to make it work they will find it and profit. Granted, duping did slow down after there was only one account rollback allowed but my point remains.

While it is true that the account would technically not be yours and you would be screwed if you lost your password, needed any type of support, the account was reported stolen etc. Not to mention that its illegal by the ToS, but has that risk stopped any of the exploiters in the past? No. If you are willing to spend money to buy a full account and something were to happen to the said account, than oh well time to buy another account.
Edited by Tocean#1750 on 12/2/2013 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Tocean
Boa will also not solve the problem of buying / selling items / third party sites. If everything is truly BoA and there is no trading than why wouldn't people just equip full accounts and sell them? Is it more risky? Yes, but the reward remains the same; money. Therefore it will happen. How much stuff was duped right under Blizzard's noses while they did nothing? I'm not talking about the gold dupe but all the massive item dupes around. If there is a way to make it work they will find it and profit. Granted, duping did slow down after there was only one account rollback allowed but my point remains.

While it is true that the account would technically not be yours and you would be screwed if you lost your password, needed any type of support, the account was reported stolen etc. Not to mention that its illegal by the ToS, but has that risk stopped any of the exploiters in the past? No. If you are willing to spend money to buy a full account and something were to happen to the said account, than oh well time to buy another account.

I guess it's possible that the botters might buy accounts bot them up and gear them out and then sell the accounts but I think a lot of this depends on the loot drops. Blizzard announced about a week ago that the current drop rates in beta are accelerated meaning we wont be getting drops like that at all which actually scares me because if the drop rates are anything like it is now i personally see no point in continuing to play this game.

I have a feeling that if they fu ck this xpac up as they are so far they are going to loose even more credibility than they did with the original launch of D3, its just like Athene said the xpac will fail 10x worse than the launch of D3 and a lot of players including myself will most likely not buy another blizzard game. The only thing really keeping that company alive is the fan boy's. If it weren't for them they would not be the giant they are today.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 12:43 PMPosted by heyguyslol
Blizzard announced about a week ago that the current drop rates in beta are accelerated meaning we wont be getting drops like that at all which actually scares me because if the drop rates are anything like it is now i personally see no point in continuing to play this game.

I would assume that drop rates will be a little better than they are now but of course they wouldn't be as high as in a beta. If they were then that would definitely lead to the game being over in 3 months after install. However the feeling that everything is crap should go away or at least be minimized since you can use everything that drops in some fashion instead of everything dropping being useless and screen clutter.

Edit: Actually the drop rate can stay the same since they lowered the range that affixes can roll. This will automatically make items better thus no need for higher drop rates.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 12/2/2013 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 12:43 PMPosted by heyguyslol
I have a feeling that if they fu ck this xpac up as they are so far they are going to loose even more credibility than they did with the original launch of D3, its just like Athene said the xpac will fail 10x worse than the launch of D3 and a lot of players including myself will most likely not buy another blizzard game. The only thing really keeping that company alive is the fan boy's. If it weren't for them they would not be the giant they are today.

Amen...I sense your irritation too bud, and I feel ya!!

This was my reasoning behind this thread, get it out on the table guys!!

You, like me want this xpac to work well and function for all to experience as an end game product.

The turmoil and restructure in the Blizz organization has been apparent in the game design and content, delays, restructures etc...releasing content not properly tested and repaired.

I really think they are trying though, Blizz has been always famous for outstanding games, but that has been deluted in the corporate turmoil.

The small company they were was a better company, better in touch with the community of "players" not Fan boys... IMO.

when was the last time we saw a Blue post in WD forums?...Silence is a text easy to misread
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Vote with your money, if you don't like what you see we should not buy the x pac.

Currently I don't see many redeeming features in RoS.
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 12:51 PMPosted by rockon87
I would assume that drop rates will be a little better than they are now but of course they wouldn't be as high as in a beta. If they were then that would definitely lead to the game being over in 3 months after install. However the feeling that everything is crap should go away or at least be minimized since you can use everything that drops in some fashion instead of everything dropping being useless and screen clutter.

Edit: Actually the drop rate can stay the same since they lowered the range that affixes can roll. This will automatically make items better thus no need for higher drop rates.

Even though they lowered the range of affixes will that really make upgrades come about at a steady pace? Not to mention finding new legs that you want / need.

My fear is that the drop rates will be just as bad as they are now. How many times did they adjust how frequently legs drop? I can recall they did it once with the new leg changes, so I am not getting my hopes up that this will pan out as people expect. If it is as simple as changing a few numbers why haven't the current drop rates been changed by now?

12/02/2013 01:43 PMPosted by JonkZ
Vote with your money, if you don't like what you see we should not buy the x pac.

Currently I don't see many redeeming features in RoS.

I don't like what I see but I don't want to give up just like that. This game has the potential for greatness!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]