Diablo® III

An "Intelligent" assessment on ROS..so far

Edit: You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it!If Bliz screwed it up and made it a grind then why do the same thing again?Bliz shoulda had a more imaginative company actually add to the game instead of changing equip and stats.MORE GAME >>>>> Equip and Stats --------- _ Everybody knows that :)

I just don't see the point of running an AH for a year then getting all your money from the players then changing the stats and equipment when your not going to get any money by shutting down AH - shame on you Bliz. The fact is - I just want more game! More of a game! More to explore and do! This is the measure of a good expansion. Not just - give me $40 because I changed the stats and equipment around.

well said +1

Ty for sharing your thoughts
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Orion
I just want to play a good game without getting played by Bliz lol :)

Amen Bro,

Buddy if you have some ideas please share them here, I and others would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Reply Quote
Lol. No idea what happened with the thread disappearing act, but ok. Anyway, let's keep this going.
Reply Quote
thank you Lyirra for un-deleting this :)

Its an important thread

Please to all posters please use caution in your post with language etc :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/2/2013 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 09:45 PMPosted by LordAmsa
Lol. No idea what happened with the thread disappearing act, but ok. Anyway, let's keep this going.

TY my friend for posting that thread, I didnt notice it :P

I also appreciate all your feedback you have given, nice to see a good person like you
here in forums :)
Reply Quote
But the fact is - I would like to keep my equipment, have a new char, and have more to explore and do. This would keep me engaged in the game and have more fun. Seems like this is just get new and get the best equipment game - way overshadows gameplay!

Let's talk content then. Aside from all the itemization/trade talk, what other content would you guys like to see in RoS?

I for one, would like to see a "World Event" similar to the one introduced by D2. Only this time, there should be more variation to the world events instead of just that one. It can be triggered by let's say after x number of gold has been spent gambling through NPCs, x number of Treasure Goblins have been slain, x number of WD slain in HC, it can be anything really. Then once the pool is full, any one of these world events can happen:

Heaven & Hell = Angels fall down from the sky. Demons climb up from the ground. This onslaught will happen for x number of minutes at which in those minutes there will be an increase in drop rate and quality (could be items, gems, crafting materials, anything)

Bow to the Goblin King = nothing but treasure goblins will spawn for x number of minutes. When timer runs out, time to bow down.

Moo = had to do it

Mountain of Hepheastus = a new map can be accessed called the Mountain of Hepheastus. Mountain that arose from the depths of the Burning Hells. Monsters get harder the higher you climb it. At the top... is Hepheastus' Forge and Hammer. I have a few ideas what that entails, and I'm pretty sure you guys can come up with a lot of nice ideas for the reward as well.

I can go on and on. What's neat about this is Blizz can come up with new World Events monthly to add to the list so the older the game goes on, the more random the World Events will be. It will also be awesome if the World Events have a timer, so you won't get the same World Events in a row.

***Edit***

Forgot to add that since you won't see the same world events for awhile, when you get to do a particular World Event the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time... it just gets more interesting and harder. In such a way that players will question if they can do the same World Event the next time it happens. This will be based on who created the game. So if you created the game and a World Event is triggered, difficulty will be based on how many times you have done said event, how well you did (eg how fast), etc. Hope you got a good crew running with you :) But if you did poorly the last time, then ofc the difficulty will be more forgiving, closer to how hard it was the last time you attempted.

Good part is the trigger for the events can be different ones too, with new triggers being added at a lower rate than new World Events. So this should scale the game pretty well.

Rewards can also be very open. It can be just that better drop rate while the event is happening or it could be a temporary buff that you and your group get for x number of hours/days. Buff can also be anything from -% damage taken (Vamp Gaze days), immunity to a particular element for x hours (pve only), or just something as simple as a pretty little glow on your character for a week. That last one was my lady's suggestion lol.

Anyway, I think this will add a different kind of randomness to the gameplay of RoS. Since no one knows when and what the event is going to be.
Edited by LordAmsa#1453 on 12/2/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 10:15 PMPosted by REAPER666
TY my friend for posting that thread, I didnt notice it :P

I also appreciate all your feedback you have given, nice to see a good person like you
here in forums :)

Thank you. It's nice to be back in the WD forums. Nice people here with good intentions.
Reply Quote
ooooh! So I guess Blizz is reading the WD forums after all!!! Hopefully listening too... :D
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 10:39 AMPosted by heyguyslol
I always thought it would've made a lot of sense to click on a merchant in game, then it pulls up a real gold ah where the items that you see isn't a random roll pending your level, but items that other players have found to which you can then purchase either there immediately with gold or have an option to contact the seller if further bartering is needed (item to item trade).

I made the same suggestion some time ago in General Discussions. Tashun the Miner is the AH. Tashun buys up whatever the player sells at Tashun's offer price and the item is kept in Tashun's database until some other player buys it up for the same value. The rationale was it seems odd to me that one must leave the game to go to a shop. Having Tashun as the AH seems to make the game a more 'immersive' experience.

Some guy then said my suggestions are the worst he's ever seen. LoL :/
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 01:56 AMPosted by CoffeeBlack
The rationale was it seems odd to me that one must leave the game to go to a shop.

Exactly.

Having Tashun as the AH seems to make the game a more 'immersive' experience.

I never really expect ARPGs to be immersive, but having some kind of a community ah (gold/item - item/item trade) that can be accessed in game just seems like common sense to me.

Some guy then said my suggestions are the worst he's ever seen. LoL :/

Guy must've been a TES fan or something. Not liking the idea of an ARPG to have any rudimentary version of "immersion".
Reply Quote
12/02/2013 10:19 PMPosted by LordAmsa
Bow to the Goblin King = nothing but treasure goblins will spawn for x number of minutes. When timer runs out, time to bow down.

Just found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTUedWfvQR0&feature=em-uploademail

Something along those lines. Only with a more interesting finish.
Reply Quote
@LordAmsa

if you log before I do, please add me bud, I enjoy like minded players to run with. ;)

I don't run that much anymore, Pleveling is too much of a grind for me atm...I have enough anyway :P

But would be nice to have you on my friends list bud :)
Reply Quote
@LordAmsa

if you log before I do, please add me bud, I enjoy like minded players to run with. ;)

I don't run that much anymore, Pleveling is too much of a grind for me atm...I have enough anyway :P

But would be nice to have you on my friends list bud :)

Done. I don't run much either. I just recently got back to D3 and it was fun for the first 2 hours then I was back into that monotonous funk. Most on my list quit while I was away. Only one that I still see somewhat every other day is heyguyslol. Evolution suggested getting in some paragons to prep for RoS, but I'm torn. I only have one p100 character (WD was the only class that appealed to me) and some scattered plevels on my other chars. I'm torn between waiting for RoS to come out and see a general consensus from like minded peers about the game (risk getting behind) or go ahead and commit now and do the prep work for RoS (risk wasting time) and just cross all my fingers that the expansion will deliver.
Reply Quote
I think this may have been mentioned somewhere else but I'll post it here anyways. For end game I would like to see a real endless dungeon but as you progress through the dungeon it gets progressively harder say double or triple elite packs, bosses, ect. Sure the rifts look cool and fun but I still think endless dungeon would add more for end game.
Reply Quote
shawn check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGFN8s0C5E

In honor of the 0-dogger :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/3/2013 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
@lordamsa

add me as well id be glad to try to get u back into d3 and farm some paragon lvls. i persoanlly have a hard time doing the grind i find myslef losing interest when using any other class other than my doc. im currently using a monk(para63) once i hit 100 i will move back to just para lvling new docs. i already have 2 at paragon 100 and i plan on rolling another 1 or 2. fyi my 2nd doc i hit 100 on 2 days ago it took me 84 hours total to hit 100. i used my doc in regular farm runs/ubers/crypt runs where i helped prep fom and crypts or elites also did random act 2 and act 4 runs and still managed to do it in 84 hours. so if u spend that time just grinding crypts or regular xp runs u could prob lvl a toon to 100 in 70ish hours which isnt to bad.
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 10:02 AMPosted by EvoIution
add me as well id be glad to try to get u back into d3 and farm some paragon lvls. i persoanlly have a hard time doing the grind i find myslef losing interest when using any other class other than my doc. im currently using a monk(para63) once i hit 100 i will move back to just para lvling new docs. i already have 2 at paragon 100 and i plan on rolling another 1 or 2. fyi my 2nd doc i hit 100 on 2 days ago it took me 84 hours total to hit 100. i used my doc in regular farm runs/ubers/crypt runs where i helped prep fom and crypts or elites also did random act 2 and act 4 runs and still managed to do it in 84 hours. so if u spend that time just grinding crypts or regular xp runs u could prob lvl a toon to 100 in 70ish hours which isnt to bad.

Done. I'm currently using my Wiz since she already had 40+ paragons on her. Once I finish her, if I can power through the grind, I'll just do more WDs.
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 09:35 AMPosted by REAPER666
shawn check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGFN8s0C5E

In honor of the 0-dogger :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

Haha good stuff, thx Reap. I wonder how he was able to get 10 dogs? He doesn't really explain that just that he is using ZH and MF for 2x dogs but he has 10 total.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]