Diablo® III

An "Intelligent" assessment on ROS..so far

My guess is that Circle of Life was changed to up to 10 dogs which would explain the change that only summoned dogs can be sacrificed. Or it's a bug..

Man, can't wait for ptr.

btw, this is real, I saw someone streaming with 10 dogs.
Edited by Wachati#1647 on 12/3/2013 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
another thing ive been noticing when im watching some of these streams is that the mob density doesnt seem to be very heavy. i looks like it did pre 1.08.. anyone notice this or am i crazy? or is this the purpose maybe the scaled the density back? or maybe the desnsity doesn get to "heavy" unless ur in highh torment lvls. idk
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 12:53 PMPosted by EvoIution
another thing ive been noticing when im watching some of these streams is that the mob density doesnt seem to be very heavy. i looks like it did pre 1.08.. anyone notice this or am i crazy? or is this the purpose maybe the scaled the density back? or maybe the desnsity doesn get to "heavy" unless ur in highh torment lvls. idk

low density makes me a sad panda, I love being overwhelmed and dodging savage beasts, keeps things interesting.
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 12:53 PMPosted by EvoIution

All I've been doing lately are crypt runs and yeah... maybe cause we've gotten used to monsters filling the whole screen that everything else looks low in density?
Reply Quote
Well... i think i spoke too soon about density...

http://i.imgur.com/OGtiMRF.jpg
Reply Quote
11/27/2013 02:12 PMPosted by REAPER666
Mark my words, this conversation will appear again.

Throwing a bunch of shiny new Legs at us is not the solution.

The illusion of the new car smell of the shiny new gear we are seeing will soon have its Veil lifted, If there is not an "END GAME" approach to ROS.

I see 400-500 (over optimistic imo) hrs tops of play before a player is back to a "grind" game at current state.

i think 400 hours is an overstatement. it'll be more like get the crusader power leveled in about 3 hours. transfer all paragon lvls to him. gear him up. thats about what 10 hours maybe. run through the bounties do a few rifts, then game over. i say like 100 hours or less
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Johnathan
Mark my words, this conversation will appear again.

Throwing a bunch of shiny new Legs at us is not the solution.

The illusion of the new car smell of the shiny new gear we are seeing will soon have its Veil lifted, If there is not an "END GAME" approach to ROS.

I see 400-500 (over optimistic imo) hrs tops of play before a player is back to a "grind" game at current state.

i think 400 hours is an overstatement. it'll be more like get the crusader power leveled in about 3 hours. transfer all paragon lvls to him. gear him up. thats about what 10 hours maybe. run through the bounties do a few rifts, then game over. i say like 100 hours or less

I think it will probably last more than 100 hours probably more like what Reap said about 400 or so then as he said we are back to square one grinding endlessly for no reason.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 12:40 PMPosted by heyguyslol

I think it will probably last more than 100 hours probably more like what Reap said about 400 or so then as he said we are back to square one grinding endlessly for no reason.

on the bright side though were gridng now for paragon lvls doing either crypts or act 1 runs, which dont change at all. at least with the rifts and adventure mode it "should" be random or unique each time, which personally i think will help keep it fresh but still there is only so much scenery can do.

im gonna stay optimistic until i see otherwise first hand. i hope that ros is everything we all want and more, ive been playing d3 vanilla since release and ive taken 2 breaks i took a 4 month break or so a little while after ubers were introduced. and a few months ago a took smaller break maybe about a month but still i have been playing this game basically since release and i feel i could do that with ros. we just need our clan and are good buddies to make it enjoyable(with multiple viable endgame builds).

me and reap were talking last night and we came up with a good idea and im sure its been talked about before but to re shed some light, it had to do with the "trading" and boa aspect of ros. with such a strong community and with the help of the clan/guild add in, we can take a help me/ help you approach in ros. since trading will be limited to the group ur running with we should be trying to help each other out like if me and reaper are in a group and i find a totd and i already have 1 but he doesnt i can just immediatly give it to him instead of hording it to myself. then later if he finds a new item i could use that he doesnt need he can just give it to me etc...

another idea ive been kicking around in my head and again this might of been covered before but what if we could extend the trading to people in our clan. you still keep the 2 hour trade window but extend it to any person that is in your clan. not on ur friends list but in clan, this could help make sure people just cant get added to make trades and it keep items that u find still useful to other folks.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 01:31 PMPosted by EvoIution
another idea ive been kicking around in my head and again this might of been covered before but what if we could extend the trading to people in our clan. you still keep the 2 hour trade window but extend it to any person that is in your clan. not on ur friends list but in clan, this could help make sure people just cant get added to make trades and it keep items that u find still useful to other folks.

Yeah I had a similar idea about the clan trading but to prevent exploits the clan member to trade with has to have been in the clan for a min of 24 hours. In regards to trading items within the clan with the above method I agree but we would probably also need some sort of dice roll for the item.

For example as most of you all know I'm primarily going to be looking for an i70 Homunculus for my build. Let's say someone in the clan gets one as a drop but they have no plans to run 0 Dog well that person could trade it to a clan member but I'm sure there are going to be other members who are also interested in running 0 Dog so at that point we would need to have some sort of dice roll to see who gets it, provided there are more members on at the time of the item give away.
Reply Quote
12/04/2013 02:16 PMPosted by heyguyslol

Yeah I had a similar idea about the clan trading but to prevent exploits the clan member to trade with has to have been in the clan for a min of 24 hours. In regards to trading items within the clan with the above method I agree but we would probably also need some sort of dice roll for the item.

For example as most of you all know I'm primarily going to be looking for an i70 Homunculus for my build. Let's say someone in the clan gets one as a drop but they have no plans to run 0 Dog well that person could trade it to a clan member but I'm sure there are going to be other members who are also interested in running 0 Dog so at that point we would need to have some sort of dice roll to see who gets it, provided there are more members on at the time of the item give away.

yeah we could def cross that bridge when we come to it, and im also not saying that we should just give every item we find to other players i have no problem buying and selling items that will help move gold around and have options for people to still make some gold during ros. but im sure there is some folks that are closer to some people than others and i personaly have no argument with people giving thier friends items for free and visa versa. i personally know there is a few people i run with in this game that im good friends with either real life or just through diablo that i would hands down give them items if i found them and they were upgrades to them.
Reply Quote
12/03/2013 09:35 AMPosted by REAPER666
shawn check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGFN8s0C5E

In honor of the 0-dogger :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

Circle of life allows up to five more dogs maybe?
(Or maybe 2x your total num of dogs is allowed)

That would be REALLY neat for a summoner.
Fetishes, 10x dogs.
Reply Quote
Went back and watched this again, I'm starting to wonder if they're letting the passive summons double your zombie dog cap. CoL, death is life, devolution, boogie man. It'd certainly give you more reason to use those runes over other ones which is interesting.
Reply Quote
with the new zuni 4 p set bonus(fetishes) and the fact that fetishes and pets are getting a dps buff it is looking good for a legit shot and using a full on pet build. garg/10 dogs/ fetish army and depinging on if any of the new legendarys give us summons(kinda like the gidbin). seems like it could be very fun.
Reply Quote
back to the top!
Reply Quote
Reaper - are you aware that some beta testers are quitting diablo because they are sick of the grind in ROS already? So I think your wrong about that 400 hours unless of course they played it for 400 hours in the last 5 weeks. Actually - I think that they probably did and got sick of it.

Though my original estimate of the boredom was exaggerated, it was really worded out of my frustration on what I am seeing or not seeing in this XPAC, as I have stated before.

Beta's for all games are meant for testing and or HYPE to be created for the game or XPAC being presented at that time. It will also, hopefully, identify bugs and skill mechanics functionality on characters and the relationship they have in any given environments.

It is true, some beta testers have moved on to whatever occupies their time, due to whatever reason they have.

I wont speculate as to what they are feeling or thinking, I can only respond to what they are saying and or posting about ROS.

The drop frequency that are being represented in beta will no doubt be nerfed.

This is actually not a problem for me.

Having that many drops happen too frequent would of course shorten the playability of the game in the long run. Players will be geared out too quickly...then what?

Goes back to my original comment, keep the game fresh with frequent updates, new content..etc etc.... PERIOD!!

Drops and or frequency of drops should be the least of our concerns, as I have already explained about "end game"

There are actually some great ideas from some posters as to end game ideas.
A good example http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10787138807

A player needs to be able to log in to ROS and actually look forward to something, not feel like a grind again, like it is in current game state.

Though I believe that Devs are trying hard to make a complete product for all of us to grasp to, atm...It's not enough to qualify as an expansion.

I read alot of comments here in forums, and we are getting our points across, what Blizz chooses to do with this info will determine the success or failure of this XPAC.

I don't know what else say.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/6/2013 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Curious what people have found to be the best approach in ROS for witch doctors to heal themselves? Which stats/items/skills, etc? Just tryin to plan ahead a little bit. Thanks!
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Sheldor
Curious what people have found to be the best approach in ROS for witch doctors to heal themselves? Which stats/items/skills, etc? Just tryin to plan ahead a little bit. Thanks!

This question has been posed to streamers and Blizz, you and many others have been trying to grasp an understanding of this for sometime.

I too would like to plan ahead here.
Reply Quote
So I thought about this tonight while rolling with Reap & Addicted, are there any talks at all at increasing player count in game? I always found it weird that they launched D3 with 5 classes, but a game can only house 4 players. With RoS, we get a new class (so now we got 6 total)... would be nice to see a party with all the classes synergizing together.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 08:47 PMPosted by LordAmsa
So I thought about this tonight while rolling with Reap & Addicted, are there any talks at all at increasing player count in game? I always found it weird that they launched D3 with 5 classes, but a game can only house 4 players. With RoS, we get a new class (so now we got 6 total)... would be nice to see a party with all the classes synergizing together.

I support this idea Paul, though I wonder if the servers and our computers can handle the load from the increased density?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]