Diablo® III

What do you think Malthael’s plans are?

I hope it's to Revive Deckard Cain - So that the Diablo Series can live on with him - perhaps the death of Cain, he feels, was a mistake and he needs the power of the stone to undo this travesty.

Death by butterfly, seriously now.
Your text is still green. It's too soon to post like this!
Reply Quote

For me, the story isn't a very important issue. Whatever he does will be fine. I personally watch the cut scene one time and then maaaybe once in a rare blue moon after

the main concern is the game and the integrity the franchise keeps

*i play RPGs if I want story in a video game* thats just me

turns out Mathael needs the Black Soulstone as paperweight because its the only paperweight that can hold down unholy paper.
Reply Quote
Honestly, have no idea... but I surely hope that he didnt end up being like Azmodan. Azmodan, remember that fella, the most brilliant tactician of hell, the leader of the hell armies the blah blah blah whatever. yet he cannot help popping out randomly and graciously letting me know what exactly he is planning, and at last end up being the easiest lamest boss fight! ok too harsh to use lame, but god he was so easy for the titles he held.. and dont get me started on Diablo through act 4, but i guess after using the black soulstone, he inherently got the traits of all other Evils, including Azmodan's, stupidity and lameness! opse sorry brilliance and canny tactics!..

Please for all whats is holy and all what is not dont make Malthael like that, he is an Angel after all, should not follow in the 'brilliance' of other demons..
Reply Quote
Honestly, have no idea... but I surely hope that he didnt end up being like Azmodan. Azmodan, remember that fella, the most brilliant tactician of hell, the leader of the hell armies the blah blah blah whatever. yet he cannot help popping out randomly and graciously letting me know what exactly he is planning, and at last end up being the easiest lamest boss fight! ok too harsh to use lame, but god he was so easy for the titles he held.. and dont get me started on Diablo through act 4, but i guess after using the black soulstone, he inherently got the traits of all other Evils, including Azmodan's, stupidity and lameness! opse sorry brilliance and canny tactics!..

Please for all whats is holy and all what is not dont make Malthael like that, he is an Angel after all, should not follow in the 'brilliance' of other demons..

Was it easy because you bought everything on the AH? I wonder how you will fare now that there won't be an AH.
Reply Quote
Malthael is going to harness the prime evil's power to bring back the main character from Diablo 2 as a servant to kill the main character from Diablo 3. And then, succeeding that, he will break the crystal into 12 pieces which he will install in his teeth to make the grill of ultimate evil, which by nature, sends NPCs that speak with a Cockney accent to a plane of non-existence until Jamella in the Pandemonium fortress can reforge them into gamble-able items. And then he will kill Tyrael because of the voice actor's tendency to portray bad guys and of course Malthael will be strong enough to see clear into other intellectual properties. And throughout all of this, he will dictate every single word because noise is scary and he is scary and scary is scary. And then he will summon all the evils out of his teeth to make Diablo 4 which will be strange because they will all look like different incisors except Durial will look like a molar. In that game an elite team of pandas will be victorious and Malthael will, in a surprise ending, eat them because Oreos are delicious. The expansion to Diablo 4 will take place in Malthael's digestive tract.
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 06:24 PMPosted by BubblesKun
Was it easy because you bought everything on the AH? I wonder how you will fare now that there won't be an AH.

That's not the point of the post, but will let you know that i dont like that thing and never used it, effectively anyway, tried every now and then to get into it and list some stuff to sell, but never made any real profits. and I literally jumped from my chair with joy when i heard the news of its closure. Providing that a better rewarding game-play system will be implemented,
Reply Quote
One thing I like about Blizzard South is their story focus. Diablo three has a richer and more epic story than Diablo 1 and 2. Although it's presented a little too strongly in D3 sometimes lol.
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 06:24 PMPosted by BubblesKun

he's talking about the story and how lame the character and his writing is. That has nothing to do with the auction house ... you could as well use Diablo or Maghda as example which both are as well very lame characters just from the Dialogues. Enemies which tell you 50 times in a row how you never ever never neeeever can beat them, while you beat them ... becomes rather pointless.
Reply Quote
What do you think Malthael’s plans are for the Black Soulstone?

Christmas tree ornament?
Reply Quote
Wait wait. I know. He'll jam it in his forehead and wander off into the desert.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Vaeflare
What do you think Malthael’s plans are for the Black Soulstone?

Malthael recalls Diablo I closing cinematic, thought it was a very cool idea, and slammed the Black Soulstone into where his head is supposed to be. He learned there actually isn't anything there, smashing his cool pointy conehead hood. Enraged temporarily by his jarhead looking hood, he goes on a rampage through Westmarch, reaping souls in the process until his hood got repaired....

He also has an epiphany and learns why is it named as such. It is dark and menacing like he is, and now soulbound to him (his 2 hour trading period expired as he was reaping souls) :D

What annoys him even more is that the game isn't called "Malthael III: Reaper of Souls™" And yet, here he is, stuck with a soulbound soulstone with a bunch of souls ensnared in it, including the one the game is named after. "Where is the Justice in all of this?" he bellows.

Tyrael (as the former Archangel of Justice), slinks away...
Reply Quote
i dont think it matters..

based on vanilla...he will be telling us every step of his plans..in annoying fashion

i hope he doesnt
Reply Quote
Gee. Let me see. I imagine he wants to bring peace and prosperity to Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Darg
I think he wants to manipulate the essence of the Prime Evil and use that power to destroy the Nephalem, and perhaps the whole of Sanctuary.

I've got a feeling things are going to go awry for him though.. ;)

(Perhaps even moreso for us)
Already been destroyed. I wont go into details.

The Nephalem are already destroyed...?

I guess I should elaborate; he wants to use the power of the Black Soulstone to destroy all of mankind, not just those that have inherited and/or unlocked their Nephalem potential.
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Zeyta
One thing I like about Blizzard South is their story focus. Diablo three has a richer and more epic story than Diablo 1 and 2. Although it's presented a little too strongly in D3 sometimes lol.

Yeah, I especially like the part when Cain is killed by a butterfly demon. Or that part where Diablo grows boobs, that was especially epic. Or that ironically all the characters from Diablo 2 simply lost their mind after saving Sanctuary and aren't to be found anywhere in Diablo 3. How about Imperius, the "leader" of Heaven is about as special as the tough skinned football jock in school. Or that Emperor Hakannakanakakaka was secretly Belial the Lord of Lies... NO ONE and I mean NO ONE could have guessed that. Your opinion on "rich stories" saddens me.
Edited by Matheyus#1507 on 12/9/2013 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well, if there weren't such opinions, D3 would have had a much better story...
Reply Quote
I imagine it probably has to do with the dragon (I can't remember it's name at this time) that Tyrael mentions in one of the conversations with him in Act IV.

For those of you who may not remember, or simply skipped over that, Tyrael mentions that there was a dragon that was The Prime Evil before the lords of hell came around. It was, in essence, the combination of all the Lesser Evils and the Prime Evils. It had fought against an archangel that, similarly, was made up of the power of the member of the Angiris Council. Malthael probably thinks he can summon that dragon and, as the Aspect of Death, can control or he thinks he can use the power of all the lords of hell to wipe out humanity and the Burning Hells.
Reply Quote
I'm sure Malthael thinks that he is the only one able to keep the black soulstone safe sense he thinks nothing can stop death. Malthael wants to keep the soulstone safe untill he can figure out a way to destroy it. Malthael thinks that he is not corrupt and all he wants to do is destroy all the demons and anything even part demon so i dont think he would use tainted power sense he himself is still an angel and he thinks hes doing the right thing.
Reply Quote
Come to think of it, it'd be rather fitting if as part of his plan Malthael summoned "living" embodiments of Pestilence, War and Famine since Malthael is a living embodiment of Death. Considering what the idea for the story of the Diablo franchise was based on, having the Nephalem fighting to stop/prevent the Apocalypse would not only be fitting, but also doable considering the loose ends from vanilla D3.

Reaper of Souls could be like the Nephalem dealing the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The Nephalem find themselves dealing with Adria (who could be symbolic of the !@#$% of Babylon). Then, in the events of the third expansion, Tathamet. could be brought back because of the Lords of Hell being trapped in it, and Adria having done something to it. As such, the final battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, would take place, and the Nephalem would be caught up in it.
Reply Quote
His plans are to bring back all of the prime evils including Baal and Mephisto and you have to fight waves of 1000's of monsters before fighting them! After defeating the prime evils again its time to fight an epic boss that has never been seen in Diablo franchise!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]