Diablo® III

End-Game: What would you like to see?

Its a loot-hunting game.. End-game for these kind of games is always about finding the best loot. Once you've done that for every class you're pretty much done.

Well if they implement Clan PVP then it'd be a different story, but personally I don't really like PVP.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/03/2013 12:56 PMPosted by namaste
Eh besdies pvp, Would love to see like an end game dungeon with bosses that were hard as !@#$ you had to group to do that dropped good loot.

We had that once everyone cried untill they nerfed infernol to death.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/06/2013 01:12 PMPosted by SirRight
- A separate and optional "no trade in any kind of way" Selfcore Self-found mode; and

- Perhaps the Adventure Mode could end with an endless dungeon?

Still beating the lame dead sf horse I see. I can't see wasting resources on Sf now that they added boa.

He just can't figure out that trade is optional. Afraid he will bump into a sf leper I guess. That said all bot would like an endless dungeon. make it reset every hour so they would not have to be maintained while your at it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/06/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Gorbak
We'd love to hear more ideas for what you'd like to see and do end-game in Diablo III. No promises, of course, but what type of challenges do you enjoy, and what about them makes you want to come back for more?

WoW style PvP & PvPvE BATTLEGROUNDS !!!

Gee I get that every day. oh wait I do play an mmorpg called wow, and on a pvp server no less.
People need to remember 4 players in a game. lets see if there are 4 on your side, 4 on the other, can you do the math? Oh yes double what the game supports imagine that. I thought the op asked for reasonable ideas. Maybe if they stripped out all mobs and background they could make a blank screen that supports 8 players.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We'd love to hear more ideas for what you'd like to see and do end-game in Diablo III. No promises, of course, but what type of challenges do you enjoy, and what about them makes you want to come back for more?

Trading (high end items) is big part of endgame. Grinding brimstones? No, it's boring.

After few months, there's nothing more to do than grind brimstones when BoA gets implemented.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I could see them replicating some of the D2 dungeons. Realistically an area is an area. Many now are cloned they could add a D2 diablo scenario for 4 players with the seals and use it in a few spots.

Problem is they had several layers in act three to get to Azmodan and many complained it was boring because that was all they did. But an endless dungeon where you simply kill mobs is considered great.

That is the problem nobody has a solid idea that is realistic and doable. Every one we see has to have increased this and increased that and as long as that is met damn the game play.

I'd like to see some solo dungeons that are very hard. They could add drops but just a better mix of game drops would do. Skills should work, but not to the point that you did not have to play kite, trap or such.
Also add the walls that drop on mobs, and the land mines in act3 that you would need to kill mobs.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 12/7/2013 5:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

I'd really like to see boss runs. If we could chose to farm either massive mobs of trash or a single boss with equal rewards, I think that would be great. Personally I would chose boss runs over regular farming any day. Maybe even an option to adjust mob density, lower density make mobs tougher with more exp gain, making it equal by way of farming exp. Just so that people can do what they find most fun and still keep up,
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I don't see player ability to dial up or down mob density as a realistic goal. We can work this in a way atm with mp but that is about the limit I imagine we will get to do this. Maybe an mp12 would work.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 06:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah
These... most of what everyone has asked for was covered by DamianJohn and Monstrous..with pics

Monstrous and DamianJohn have some amazing ideas that include concepts like an endless dungeon, races, pvp, etc. but go way beyond that into modes that really challenge players and allow them to compete.

Monstrous post http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/79814-nephalem-trials-adding-competition-to-diablo

DamianJohn's post about Competition Mode http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10787138807

I love all of these ideas! An endless dungeon/tower with attached leader boards is a fantastic idea. I want a reason to farm all the items that Diablo has. Getting a new legendary so I can start getting further and further in a endless dungeon and get higher on the ladders gives us a reason to keep farming loot in the main game.
Edited by Krynnus#1493 on 12/7/2013 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hate to be a negative nancy here but going by blizzard's track record with this game you can bet on a few things. #1 whatever it is they do with this game you can bet they are doing it with a sole focus on making money. #2 They will screw it up then screw something else up when they try to fix their screw up.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/07/2013 12:24 PMPosted by ShinObama
I hate to be a negative nancy here but going by blizzard's track record with this game you can bet on a few things. #1 whatever it is they do with this game you can bet they are doing it with a sole focus on making money. #2 They will screw it up then screw something else up when they try to fix their screw up.

question for you. Do you hate this game? Do you dislike it even? I don't think you do. I actually think you really enjoy this game. Do you know how I know?
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 12:26 PMPosted by DexterousGek

question for you. Do you hate this game? Do you dislike it even? I don't think you do. I actually think you really enjoy this game. Do you know how I know?

The game has potential if Blizzard can put aside its short-sighted greed. I Dont hate the game I hate this company's business practices.
Reply Quote

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10785718977

This thread explains what will keep players like me coming back for more. More depth in the loot hunt. More usefulness for different items. Here's an example I wrote up real quick:

"In regards to the blue items. What if they implemented the runes/charms that were datamined. Using combinations of these you could imbue a magic item with runeword-type affixes via the Mystic. Consistent stats with variation. In addition the magic item would keep its original affixes. In terms of power they could range from low level to on par with legendaries.

This would provide a consistently valuable class of items with varying rarity. Using different magic items as a base would result in some diverse and unique combinations that can tailor to different builds. It would add value to blue items so that they're not worthless, making everything you do result in more reward.

More consistent reward, more depth, more usefulness for otherwise useless items."

Additionally this would lets us hunt for runes as well just like what was detailed in the thread I linked. Seems like the competition/ladder/uber bosses are all on your radar and probably all headed in a good direction. If you can spice up the loot hunt/item system a bit more I think you'll hit a grand slam of improvement.
Reply Quote
the current game has no replay value once ppl reached a comfortable dps and survivability, the game is extremely repetitive and boring with 99.9% trash drops including legendaries.

a great end game = makes ppl wanting to come back for more and give ppl a reason to choose to play diablo over something else.

this includes, extremely challenging boss with unique reward (increasing the HP 100 times doesn't make any monster more difficult. aka the current torment lvs in beta), collectable, competition or a ladder that allows ppl to compare kills, clearing times, hero scores. etc.

is it THAT hard to implement those changes? or the developers r just too lazy cuz they just wanna make a quick buck with a mediocre expansion.

one blue post said they ONLY CHOP BUT DON'T ADD, does that mean the game will pretty much like the beta but with Even Less content? I hope they r not serious. ;/
Edited by Kingki#1872 on 12/7/2013 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi guys!

just add a new system where we can unlock new difficulties, now its called tourment ( 1-6 ).
But what if we can get higher like tourment 50 or 1000 ... the thing is we have to unlock it by beating like all act bosses + some bounties and do some maps, this could be so cool because we will watch then diablo 3 on twitch again like maan thins guy is working on tourment lvl 134 and he tryed diablo about 50 times :).

Perma freeze has to be reworked then, it should not be possible to freeze a boss endless long even in a group of 4 ppl, and crushing blow needs to be removed or drastically changed.

Very importent is that we get rewarded for doing insane difficulties with small bonuses, i think the best way to do so is that we get stat bonuses on items, this should be exactly like the following example:

on inferno without any difficulty you find a glove with the following stats:

500 dex
500 vit
6%ias
40%cd
9%cc
70% ar

on tourment 50 the exact same glove will look like this:

750 der
750 vit
6%ias
40%cd
9%cc
70% ar

that means for every lvl we get 1% statbonus on dex vit str and int.

pls blizz add this :)
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Killu
Hi guys!

just add a new system where we can unlock new difficulties, now its called tourment ( 1-6 ).
But what if we can get higher like tourment 50 or 1000 ... the thing is we have to unlock it by beating like all act bosses + some bounties and do some maps, this could be so cool because we will watch then diablo 3 on twitch again like maan thins guy is working on tourment lvl 134 and he tryed diablo about 50 times :).

Perma freeze has to be reworked then, it should not be possible to freeze a boss endless long even in a group of 4 ppl, and crushing blow needs to be removed or drastically changed.

Very importent is that we get rewarded for doing insane difficulties with small bonuses, i think the best way to do so is that we get stat bonuses on items, this should be exactly like the following example:

500 dex
500 vit
6%ias
40%cd
9%cc
70% ar

750 der
750 vit
6%ias
40%cd
9%cc
70% ar

Just adding higher numbers does not an end-game make.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I don't know where to start, I don't usually write post regarding feedback directly to Blizzard and my english is not that good, but I'll give it a shot.

First of all I have never played Diablo 2, but I have read a lot of information and spend hours investigating why it was so replayable, so don't get me wrong when I quote that game.

Let's get started:

Diablo 3 Vanilla

I think if anyone here wants to provide feedback we need to start where the problems began. Diablo 3 showed us an amazing gameplay in within amazing graphics and skills. It was a truly enjoyable game.

But as most games, it had its flaws. The truth is Diablo 3 had poor itemization, which finally forced players to use the Auction House, creating a negative feeling on the community. Not only that, but it also affected the truly engame of Diablo 3, which was inferno mode. Inferno difficulty was good, was made to be extremely hard, either if you liked it or hated it, it was the endgame of D3, it was the goal for all the players, unreacheable for some, challenging for other, boring to hell to the rest. It was made to -theorically- last months and months, but the real wall people had to face wasn't the difficulty itself but the items they got from the game they played... So they ended up nerfing inferno to the ground making the endgame totally trivial, and here the problems started.

From that point, Inferno was a 1 week end-game and people starting to ask themselves... what to do now?. Diablo 3 hasn't had any real challenging end game since then, we are just farming items to become better at farming them, pointless as most of us would say. What about paragons then? aren't those the endgame of Diablo 3? To be fair, paragons were a nice addition, with a lot potential but ended up feeling like a pointless grind.

What made Diablo 2 "better" at longevity than Diablo 3 then? Well in Diablo 2, you had 3 key factors that made people keep playing again and again, 1st was building a character with the skill tree, 2nd was pvp, and 3rd was the ladders.

So people was endlessly grinding in Diablo 2 to make the perfect characters according to its own choice and to perfect that character they needed to get items, and to get better items they needed better levels, and additional to that to become better at pvp they needed bigger levels and better items, PLUS you had a seasons system called ladders which could reset the economy every few months. That was a perfect cycle to keep a long longevity.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

Now we have the expansion coming in a couple of months and as far as we all have seen, Blizzard is adressing 2 key flaws of Diablo 3 vanilla: item hunt and leveling.

Item hunt:

Even if we know that we are at an early stage of the game we can say that the new items are awesome, are made to change playstyles and to try out new stuff, which is absolutely great, I was never more dissapointed to get a legendary in Diablo 3 just to know beforehand that it was a crappy item and wasn't even worth identifying it.

They are also adding this new 'smart loot' system which would help you progress your character rather than looking at the AH for upgrades... well there is no AH now anyway. Nevertheless this is a great change, as anyone who played D3 vanilla for a long time, you couldn't be more frustrated to play for 3 or 5 hours and get no single upgrade, no nothing, nada.

Leveling:

Getting paragons levels in vanilla was boring, we had to run the exact same route over and over to death just to be optimal, act3 runs, alkaizer runs, scorpion runs, and lately crypts runs. I'm really really glad they addresses this by adding the nephalem rifts and bounties, I think it is a huge step and will make the leveling really fun.

End-game:

As I said while Blizzard is 'fixing' the way we get loot and get levels but... we still don't have a goal to do so, going back to D2 again, people was getting levels to build different characters and to level faster they were farming items liek crazy and to to pvp better they were getting both, items and levels, plus they had season in ladders.

We have none of this is Vanilla or RoS, so my current pronostic is that D3: RoS will be an amazing game that will last for less than 1 month on hardcore players and less than 3 months for regular ones.

A friend of mine asked me this: "Why do you complain if a game that you payed once last for 3 months when most play station games with the same value last for 1 week." And to be honest, is true, most console games last less than a month and people never complain, so why are we? For me is simple, this is a Blizzard game, and Blizzard gained my respect for making really amazing and long games, I think if anyone else would've been making D3 I wouldn't even matterred to think of feedback.

What to do then?

Over the weeks I've seen numerous post regarding feedback and 'feedback' and as one of the youtubers said (I think it was kripparrian), while people post this feedback with their best intention, most of them lack of the basic or advanced knowledge of how a game or a software is designed/created.

We can dream of every content we want to, but we need to realistic on what can THEY DO rather of what can WE DREAM. For people like me who works in IT stuff is easier to notice what modules of the game's framework can be exploited to make the game more addictively. There one key word that are present within software development and can be used very well in here, and it is reusability.

And with that keyword we can make new content without coding huge amount of lines and wasting too much time. Rifts are a perfect example of reusability, they are making new content using exisiting modules. So with those ideas in mind I will propose mine.

My feedback:

1) PVP?

Unless they make a masacre free for all PVP arena, no other form of PVP will be feasible, the reason they haven't released PVP as they announced it at vanilla beta (with rankings and teams, etc) is because the classes balance would be an endless and painful process that won't probably worth the time.

We need to compete with other human beigns, we are a competitive race, Blizzard is amazing at making competitive games, what are we waiting?

My idea is to Player vs Player competition doesn't come from killing each other, but to kill stuff within the game and compete for who make it faster, better, etc.

1st idea:

Imagine a system, where you get in a queue (similar to starcraft pvp queues) and wait a minute to find an opponent with similar (insert any indicator here like paragon level), once the queue pop you enter a RIFT with let's say 10 floors(can be any), at the top one is your character(or team) and at the bottom one is an 'enemy player' now you both fight to complete the objetives faster. Kill X monster, Kill the boss at the middle of the stage first, Kill X elites, destroy X objects etc. You can see the progression of each team all the time, just to make more preasure.

ITS A TRAP:

Lets make it more funny, lets say that during adventure mode, regular rifts or bounties you found some kind of item that will help you during that new system I mentioned. Let's say during the competition you are able to use an item that will spawn 1 group of elites on the enemy player's foot! so you can delay him or maybe just spawn him some goblins to distrat him from his objetive, anything already created in game can be used to delay the other player making the other modes more replayable.

Did someone say, random?:

Image this, maybe optional, but to make things more challenging, once you get into this PvP the game gives you random skills, it gives you a random primary, random secundary, random, defensive, etc. and then locks down your skills so you have to use what you got, and so you have to know very well your character, and even better, you should be expecting this and thus having some items to boost most of your abilities or to make new strategies on the fly.

Rankings:

Now let's say you gain points or some kind of ranking for participating in this system and this ranking resets every week (just an example) and at the end of the week, the top players get cosmetic rewards or extra paragon points, or extra boosts, etc. and the rest of the players (who didn't win, get lesser rewards, like the new loot bags with a tiny chance to get those cosmetics as well.)

2nd idea:

We are farming new items to become more powerful and we want to kill players! but as I said the game will never be balanced to be a fair PvP, then why don't we just make it unbalanced?

My idea here is to reuse Blizzard original arena PvP, but this time you or your team face 1 single player, overpowered by the game. Imagine you and your 3 friends join a queue to face another player who choose to play as the bad guy he receives a boost in paragon levels and in height, now you both have objetives, he needs to kill you all X times and you need to kill just 1 time.

To make it more funny take a huge map for this example, let's say VotA, now you 5 start in random places but remember you and your friends are partying, you will be split up so maybe you need to find yourselves first and play as a team before the other boss player kill you all. My mind even think a strategy being made to kill him, people using ventrilo, etc

The idea of making 4 players face 1 big human challenge is something I will like but I haven't really thought too much for it, my friend said, and why won't you make that single player to play a boss model? interesting indeed...

Again, you can have a variaty of rewards and rankings, etc.

2) PVE

"infinite dungeon"

As most players I would like to enter some kind of arena where I face a lot of waves of monsters and elites, the longer I survived the bigger the rewards, it should be so hard to a point where waves only spawn bosses and elites with increasing difficulty. I think you can make this one of the biggest end game, just imagine wave number 100 spawning 3 diablos 2 Malthaels, 3 Butchers along with 10 packs of elites in tormet Vi difficulty, it should be theorically impossible to beat but it should have an end, a goal, not infinite. This could have a ranking as well.

Rifts:

Rifts are somekind similar to Path of exile's maps, however making Rifts exactly like maps wouldn't make much sense, because in PoE maps are the endgame to reach the maximum level, in Diablo there is no cap, so no point getting Rifts upgrades.

Ladders:

I think Diablo 3 needs a ladder, but a really different one from D2, maybe a monthly ladder with another weekly one, with ranking on experience gained and with rewards in form of legendaries.
The only think here im asking to the devs are the legendaries because lets face it, this game will be all about legendaries at some point, and having new set of legendaries every month which you can gain by competing in the ladders will make the game more long lived than ever.

I'm asking for short time ladders because I think gamers are different now, I don't think anyone will commit 6 months to a full old style ladder, but I think lots will jump for the upcoming monthly one or even the weekly one from time to time. You just need to be sure to make idk 3 legendaries every month and show them like rewards for this "season".

Similar to what I proposed for PvP, top players will gain this new legendaries and the other ones will get loot bag with a small chance of the getting them. Of course once the ladder is over, the new legendaries will be able to obtain as regular rare rewards from playing adventure mode.

Final thoughts:

Similar to D2 "endless" cycle, mine would be like this:

You play adventure to level paragons and get items,
paragons and items help you get better in PvP system
paragons and items help you get better at the PvE arena waves
paragons and items help you get better at the arena 1v4 PvP
Items help you for random build challenge

You play weekly or monthly ladders to get exp for adventure and amazing legendary rewards,
paragons and items help you get better in PvP system
etc
and the cycle repeats...

Thank you for reading such a long post.
Edited by Lagunn#1761 on 12/7/2013 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 03:19 PMPosted by ShinObama
Hi guys!

500 dex
500 vit
6%ias
40%cd
9%cc
70% ar

750 der
750 vit
6%ias
40%cd
9%cc
70% ar

Just adding higher numbers does not an end-game make.

Sure it does because it gives the best gamers of us something to do and the gear is capped at some point so there is only skill left how you can get a higher lvl.
Reply Quote
I beg that blizzard listens: end game is finding items, trading (or selling) them to other players, and massing a fortune/gear your other characters. Taking away trading almost entirely means this game will be dead pop wise in a very short period of time. You want to make this a classic like D2 LoD that is played by a large amount of players even to this very day....well, this approach you are taking RoS won't do that. Infact it will kill the game. There has to be reasons to continue playing after you gear up!!! RoS beta has none of that, you are simply destroying long term replayability.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 12/7/2013 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/07/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Krynnus
I love all of these ideas! An endless dungeon/tower with attached leader boards is a fantastic idea. I want a reason to farm all the items that Diablo has. Getting a new legendary so I can start getting further and further in a endless dungeon and get higher on the ladders gives us a reason to keep farming loot in the main game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]