Diablo® III

getting payed to play vedio games?

we all wish we could get payed to play our loved games and it turns out some people that work for the FBI, CIA and NSA are doing just that being payed to play games like WOW and 2nd an other "SOCIAL" games that have ingame chat but they do have to do some spying on us too. winder how many 60"100" we have running around spying on us

hear just 1 of many links

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/tech/web/nsa-spying-video-games/index.html
Reply Quote
both sides have their points and as long as we live in a country that has things it needs to protect people like the fbi, cia, and nsa are needed.

life usually isnt a conspiracy.

i would agree that sending people randomly into online gaming communities is probably not a very cost effective means of catching anything, but at the same time you have to agree if they were actually tracking someone its not like they would advertise it on cnn either.

with what little we know the best we can intelligently say is "oh, thats odd"
Reply Quote
This didn't need another thread.

Yes bad people use social games/networking to do bad things. If any are using WoW, i hope they get found. I could care less if any mention of high risk buzz words get you watched online for a while...

Long story short, it's not an issue, nobody should care unless they are a terrorist. Get on with your own life.
Reply Quote
They gotta make sure al-cia-da isn't stockpiling life steal skorns, marquise emeralds, and game gold.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10827682925?page=1#0
Reply Quote
View profile
I've never understood the hate against a government looking out for bad people. It's like being angry when the police pull you over for speeding. You were doing something you shouldn't have been and you got caught. When I see a police officer I feel relieved, because it means that someone is around that is watching for foul play. Internet is so big now that it needs to be policed. I for one, welcome Big Brother into our games. It's about time the anonymity of the internet isn't a complete shield.
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 01:07 PMPosted by DexterousGek
I've never understood the hate against a government looking out for bad people. It's like being angry when the police pull you over for speeding. You were doing something you shouldn't have been and you got caught. When I see a police officer I feel relieved, because it means that someone is around that is watching for foul play. Internet is so big now that it needs to be policed. I for one, welcome Big Brother into our games. It's about time the anonymity of the internet isn't a complete shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXXaj--a6-4
Reply Quote
Getting paid to play games is more common then you might think.

I had a brief job with Geek Squad where I was paid to 'watch over' the Second Life world and answer any questions from random passerby's.

Twitch is filled with streamers who make a living playing games.

We've seen dozens of people post on these forums about earning well over 30k using the RMAH.

I'd imagine that the FBI, CIA and NSA jobs on social gaming/networks goes beyond joining guilds and running raids though. It's likely less fun then you might think. Still, I'd take a job like that.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
The team from Skill-capped just split 105k between the 3 of them for winning at Blizzcon.
That was for Wow.
Edited by DeadRu#1893 on 12/10/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams
Reply Quote
I've never understood the hate against a government looking out for bad people.

awkward wording on this statement :D

I do wonder why any subversive group would bother using a game that prevents them from communicating for over 8 hours on any given Tuesday. And it must be hard to have a conversation with spam bots interrupting every couple minutes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]