Diablo® III

Im confused

12/09/2013 02:47 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
Doesn't mean stuff won't show up.

How long is that laundry list of things to be added at a later date now? Standard operating procedure is to string people along until the next expansion.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/09/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Menacetech
Doesn't mean stuff won't show up.

How long is that laundry list of things to be added at a later date now? Standard operating procedure is to string people along until the next expansion.

Who knows.

But for sanity's sake, if RoS doesn't have what you want right now or in the near future, it's best to just let it go.

If I really wanted PvP in D3 I would not purchase RoS or even be interested in it.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 02:57 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
Who knows.

But for sanity's sake, if RoS doesn't have what you want right now or in the near future, it's best to just let it go.

If I really wanted PvP in D3 I would not purchase RoS or even be interested in it.

Believe me Gemini, I have,. I'm just calling a spade a spade. I know exactly what to expect when it comes to RoS because Ive played it. But a ton of people are expecting more, especially with how the CM's are commucating with the community, outside of nev's post about what beta is about for blizz (rip strip, simplify, and tune, not add).

The only thing I can say that is positive from RoS beta is that blizz decided to show us their work entirely. I was expecting more, but at least this time I won't be disappointed when it comes out. I know the game isn't for me. It's the same as Vanilla and it;s going to fall ridiculously short of Lords of Destruction.in terms of what LoD did for D2, and what RoS will do for D3V.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 12/9/2013 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/18785-why-are-blizzs-betas-so-useless

Thread:
"Because blizz uses betas only to chop, never to add. Other games added alot thoroughout thier betas, at this point, blizzard is just honing & balancing some stats w/ thier PC team, everyone else is plaforming. Something is'nt working right? Chop it."

Dev Response:
"You’re right. This is what we’re doing with Beta, because that’s how we utilize our Beta process. Not every company has the same exact goal or process for their Beta testing. Our goal is focused on fixing or removing broken things, so that when the game ships, we deliver a sturdy base game that’s both fun and works."

Well, it has the virtue of being honest, so good on Nevalistis for that. At least we can now stop hoping for them to add more features to what they've already shown us. Personally, I was planning to hold onto my money, anyway, but now everyone waiting for ladders, PVP, etc., can make an informed buying decision.
Reply Quote
Listen this isn't a "hate on the dev team" thread. I really am trying to get answers to legit questions.

Why ask for endgame feedback now when you acknowledge that your only subtracting from the beta?
Why haven't you implemented the numerous ideas from the community over the last 2 years?
Based on your'e track record with D3 why should I have faith my concerns will be addressed?

Let me put this in simpler terms.

If ROS isn't the game that D3 should have been at release, my wallet is closed. I'm not playing the "we support our games after launch" game with you people again.

Endgame suggestions made over the past 2 years

PVP
PVPVE
Endless dungeon
Ladders
Races
Survival Mode

These are only a few of what I consider the better options.
These suggestions have been floating around the internet since launch.
How many have you implemented for ROS? NONE not a single one.......you have spent the past 2 years ignoring virtually every endgame suggestion anyone has made.

You instead made the same mistake you made with D3, your'e making the game you want instead of the game your players want. Now you want our feedback on endgame because if we buy the game you promise you will put our suggestions in at some point?

I'm confused.
Edited by Exile#1199 on 12/9/2013 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
dayum. step it up guys, rep is pretty shredded as is. No more cuts. I can't believe i'm saying this of blizzard (been with you forever) but seriously, you really need to improve your track record gang, I mean, this is getting embarrassing. If you can't then release mod tools and let your community shine.

This is Diablo, not Duke Nukem Forever or Aliens Colonial Marines.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Gilead
dayum. step it up guys, rep is pretty shredded as is. No more cuts. I can't believe i'm saying this of blizzard (been with you forever) but seriously, you really need to improve your track record gang, I mean, this is getting embarrassing. If you can't then release mod tools and let your community shine.

This is Diablo, not Duke Nukem Forever or Aliens Colonial Marines.

It's not quite that bad, at least d3 is functional lol. Just hasn't lived up to expectation.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Donut
whoa there buddy, it's $30, get your facts straight!

But i'm right there with you man, had hope for this expac but i think that is dwindling every time they address something.

You think the xpac is going to be $30? LOL. Also, if you were talking about Vanilla D3, that wasn't 30 either, your facts are jumbled.

Pretty sure they said its going to be $29.99...and no one is talking about Vanilla D3 except you. May want to look some stuff up before you post. kthx
Reply Quote
Im curious what they did for ten years up to D3. Everything seems very shallow, content is lacking. So many aspects were not implemented and so much taken out from previews to release. Now we've gone 8 months without anything.
So now we're at 2 years in when xpac should be out. Fixing loot etc that should have been done the first ten years. Adding ONE act that was lacking already in vanilla. So I agree, I don't really know why we are paying even $30 for this. I keep hoping and hoping that something will come of this all but with streamers of the closed beta already quitting because they are bored, this REALLY tells us something about what to expect. This game COULD be epic, just really need to compare things. Look at the prequels to this game, find out what worked and didn't. Also look at the competition, namely PoE and Torchlight. What was great in those and what failed.
I get this feeling at least half the dev team are just in their own "diablo" bubbles oblivious to space time and any imagination. I also feel they don't tell us anything because of things like showing us all the neat stuff we were going to get on launch of vanilla and then taking it out, then getting backlash for doing so. So now we're just supposed to smile and nod at whatever meat scraps are thrown our way and be "thankful".
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 02:26 PMPosted by mikeab7925
lol. Arena PvP, Team DeathMatches, Nephalem Trial, and Ladder. all potential "EndGame" content. all removed or held off for a later date. if i didn't know better i would think that they are intentionally holding off any EndGame content as they don't want us on their servers.

I'm not sure you don't know better.... Seems to make sense. The last thing they want to do is have another D2 on there hands where people got thousands of hours of entertainment for only $60. They are looking to add the bare minimum to get people back to play for 30-50 hours then quit and go back to WoW where they can continue to bill them monthly.
Reply Quote
In all sincerity, I feel kinda bad for the CMs having to deal with the aftermath of the devs' impotency. It can't be a fun job stringing players along knowing full well we're just spinning our wheels to bide time for the next cash grab.

What is scaring me lately, even more than what is happening

with this game, is that I seem to agree with some of your posts.
Reply Quote
This is based on whether you believe they will continue to support the game after launch, or even into the next expansion.

Based on Blizzard's track record, you can be sure they will, so it makes sense to offer suggestions even if it won't be implemented RIGHT NAOW.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 12/10/2013 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Why ask for endgame feedback now when you acknowledge that your only subtracting from the beta?

We're asking for endgame feedback for a number of reasons -- most notably because it’s one of the features we've received the most community inquiry about (and something we know is important to good chunk of our players). While we may not be able to implement some of the more grandiose ideas we've seen shared on fan sites and these forums during the course of our beta, we still want to know how you feel our current systems and features can be improved. And we're still interested in exploring options for the future! Development doesn't stop at launch with any Blizzard game, and Reaper of Souls will be no exception.

Similarly, while a big focus of the any Blizzard beta is polish and refinement, that doesn't mean the only thing we intend to do during beta is remove content. As an example, we've taken the bulk of content that was once Nephalem Trials and converted them into a new style of event called Cursed Chests. These events should be available in the next phase of testing and on the PTR, and we’ll be able to share a bit more about them as that draws nearer.

12/09/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Exile

Based on your'e track record with D3 why should I have faith my concerns will be addressed?

That’s for you to decide. What I can do is provide as much information as possible and as it becomes available, so that you can make an informed choice and provide us your feedback. Contrary to what’s been presented in this thread, we are listening, and we’re super eager to hear what you have to say. In particular, we are ever grateful to those who have taken the time to productively and constructively present their concerns or ideas, and we encourage you to continue doing so. I promise it’s not going into the void!
Reply Quote
^
Heard that 1000 times....................
Reply Quote
View profile
Cursed chests eh? Sounds intriguing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]