Diablo® III

Something wicked this way comes...

Blue has been awfully silent the past few days... O_o

Big reveal inc?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/05/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Godric

It's been a busy time! We're sorry for being on the down low so much this week. A lot of what's been keeping us busy is related to the Beta testing that's been going on.

At the extremely early stage of Beta that we're in, there's a lot of changes that are happening, and even more feedback pouring in from players to pass on. We go through blogs, videos, livestreams, e-mails, social media, and of course the forums to pass on as much as we can so our developers know what the community is thinking and how to adjust their development cycle in response. It's a lot to take in, and we love how much constructive feedback we've been getting!

Unfortunately, that does mean we can get a little backed up from time to time. Sometimes we have to make a choice between fitting in a few posts vs. attending a feedback meeting or reviewing our massive Beta feedback inbox, all while balancing a slew of other responsibilities. Some of the things we've been working on are designed to get more information out to the community once Closed Beta starts, though, so as we get these projects wrapped up you should see us pop up a bit more frequently in your Blue trackers. =)

In other news, I really like the word slew. Sleeeeeeew.
Reply Quote
Cool, post on a thread just to say that there isn't anything to reveal, but don't say anything about the GINORMOUS lag we've been experiencing for over 24 hours now. +1 for trolling Mr Blue poster.

Edit: BTW, saying "my job is to hard for us right now, to do the rest of our job", is a very poor excuse.
Edited by Donut#1835 on 12/5/2013 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Nevalistis I have a question. Why didn't the pc users get a patch to fix loot before console got "loot 1.5"? Ya know, because us pc users have been sitting on a game quite awhile that Blizzard has admitted has a broken loot system with nothing to do but embrace masochism and play the broken game just to gain xp to get transferred to RoS for $40.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Nevalistis

It's been a busy time! We're sorry for being on the down low so much this week. A lot of what's been keeping us busy is related to the Beta testing that's been going on.

At the extremely early stage of Beta that we're in, there's a lot of changes that are happening, and even more feedback pouring in from players to pass on. We go through blogs, videos, livestreams, e-mails, social media, and of course the forums to pass on as much as we can so our developers know what the community is thinking and how to adjust their development cycle in response. It's a lot to take in, and we love how much constructive feedback we've been getting!

Unfortunately, that does mean we can get a little backed up from time to time. Sometimes we have to make a choice between fitting in a few posts vs. attending a feedback meeting or reviewing our massive Beta feedback inbox, all while balancing a slew of other responsibilities. Some of the things we've been working on are designed to get more information out to the community once Closed Beta starts, though, so as we get these projects wrapped up you should see us pop up a bit more frequently in your Blue trackers. =)

Why does Blizz refuse to make the proper successor of D2? I mean everyone who is a real diablo fan wants a new D2 yet Blizz is messing around with making some hack n slash game that is nothing like D2 at all.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 06:26 PMPosted by ShinObama
Hey Nevalistis I have a question. Why didn't the pc users get a patch to fix loot before console got "loot 1.5"? Ya know, because us pc users have been sitting on a game quite awhile that Blizzard has admitted has a broken loot system with nothing to do but embrace masochism and play the broken game just to gain xp to get transferred to RoS for $40.
Seriously, why haven't we gotten the same love and attention the console players have gotten? They got new loot, how come we haven't? What gives? You could have at least gave us something before the expac...Oh, wait, I know why. You wanted people to buy the console version so you snubbed the pc community. How nice. I am NOT buying your expac due to BoA, poor endgame, STILL crap looking loot, no ladders, and STILL no pvp. Game is a FLOP.
Reply Quote
I didnt make my post to flame this blue cat. I actually want to know.
Reply Quote
Seriously, why haven't we gotten the same love and attention the console players have gotten? They got new loot, how come we haven't? What gives? You could have at least gave us something before the expac...Oh, wait, I know why. You wanted people to buy the console version so you snubbed the pc community. How nice. I am NOT buying your expac due to BoA, poor endgame, STILL crap looking loot, no ladders, and STILL no pvp. Game is a FLOP.

btw, I am a paragon 90 in console (havent used any hellfire or even ruby in a helm). Why no hellfire or ruby in the helm??? Well because of shared paragons and still level 100 cap.. but more than that the loot system change made this game INFINITELY more fun and I just didnt want to get to 100 so quickly. So go ahead and add this as an * to my previous comment. EDIT: Just figured Id add that I found the console version INFINITELY more fun than the pc version while only playing offline. I can only let myself float into some sort of fantastical dreamland and imagine how great the loot system would have been on the pc version with all the online perks with friends.
Edited by ShinObama#1527 on 12/5/2013 7:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think, if they are working in the game, it's better then have to talk every time in forums. And i live in another country but in usa it was thanks giving day last weekend, so i supose that they were with their families xD
Reply Quote
Hey Nevalistis I have a question. Why didn't the pc users get a patch to fix loot before console got "loot 1.5"?
pls respond Nev
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
*cough* Console users are guinea pigs so that they can make a real loot patch for PC. Totally my opinion though.. not based on any facts. It is what I hope for anyway.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 06:57 PMPosted by SuboXone

couldn't have said it any better myself
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 07:14 PMPosted by MissCheetah
*cough* Console users are guinea pigs so that they can make a real loot patch for PC. Totally my opinion though.. not based on any facts. It is what I hope for anyway.

That's cool to hope for and I hope you're right but from what Ive seen so far with this game its more likely that they figured they'd cash in then let that play out before the sponge was wrung dry. Ya know, you're right they said that was just 1.5 but we get the real deal. But why let us sit with nothing while the console got a game that had graduated out of beta? I have both... my wife digs playing with me on the couch but should I have had to drop another $60 to finally enjoy the game?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
12/05/2013 07:21 PMPosted by ShinObama
but should I have had to drop another $60 to finally enjoy the game?

Love that your wife plays with you so that might be worth it alone :) That said, no, itemization and drop rates should have been rewarding to begin with and I am one of the thousands that complained. With the AH though it was going to be very hard to fix it...and now they made some very drastic changes that might end up for the better. I am playing the beta and so far things ARE better than they were. Given the early state they are switching things around like a yo-yo so hopefully the final drop rate they settle on is rewarding. Items certainly are better from my point of view though.
Reply Quote

Love that your wife plays with you so that might be worth it alone :) That said, no, itemization and drop rates should have been rewarding to begin with and I am one of the thousands that complained. With the AH though it was going to be very hard to fix it...and now they made some very drastic changes that might end up for the better. I am playing the beta and so far things ARE better than they were. Given the early state they are switching things around like a yo-yo so hopefully the final drop rate they settle on is rewarding. Items certainly are better from my point of view though.

My wife played with me and we also played D2 together but she quit D3 because she couldn't find anything to get better and, like me, wanted to do it on her own. She isnt even that much of a gamer and told me no, D3 on console was stupid, but I told her what they actually did. At first she got mad, like I did. Then she sat down and played it and got mad some more. Then she dropped the pc version like I did and now we play on console.
Edited by ShinObama#1527 on 12/5/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 07:14 PMPosted by MissCheetah
haha, I have the console version.......But i agree with you. I don't mind though Because I'm really a PC gamer.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 07:21 PMPosted by ShinObama

That's cool to hope for and I hope you're right but from what Ive seen so far with this game its more likely that they figured they'd cash in then let that play out before the sponge was wrung dry. Ya know, you're right they said that was just 1.5 but we get the real deal. But why let us sit with nothing while the console got a game that had graduated out of beta? I have both... my wife digs playing with me on the couch but should I have had to drop another $60 to finally enjoy the game?

The fact that you spent lots of money on a game you don't like is mind blowing.
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Lol maybe my post was more accurate than I thought!

12/05/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Zeyta
A Day In The Life Of A Blue:

1. Coffee
2. Check E-mails
3. Redirect, lock, and delete threads
4. Inform the community about what we already know
5. Post in "favorite drinks when playing D3" threads
6. Lunch
7. More Coffee
8. Grind on D3
9. Meet with developers to tell them the fans LOVE the game and couldn't be happier!
10. Redirect some more threads
11. Coffee and pack up for the day to start in again tomorrow

XD

(btw blues I'm just playing I know you do ALOT more than that :P)

LOL!!!! :P
Reply Quote
12/05/2013 07:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah

I apologize ahead of time but somebody has to say it:

Pretty low bar to get better from. I mean how much worse could it get?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]