Diablo® III

Something wicked this way comes...

Community Manager
12/05/2013 06:26 PMPosted by ShinObama
Why didn't the pc users get a patch to fix loot before console got "loot 1.5"?

This is a topic we've covered before, but I'm happy to explain it again for those who haven't seen previous responses. =)

In short, it's because Loot 2.0 isn't designed to be independent of the other features coming with Patch 2.0.1. The changes to itemization have been designed with other game changes in mind, especially Paragon 2.0 and much of the revisions to existing class abilities.

In addition, our console and PC teams have staggered development, meaning that they're worked on independently and in different cycles. That can sometimes result in one platform receiving changes before (or after) the other, because an idea being worked on might be able to make one cycle, but not another.

PC is our lead platform, and it's got a large package of changes on the way. Developing only a part of those changes as an independent patch would have not only taken away from the whole when it's delivered, but also significantly delayed the release of the pre-expansion patch and the expansion itself.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Nevalistis

This is a topic we've [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793040962#8"]covered [/url][url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793230889?page=1#2"]before[/url], but I'm happy to explain it again for those who haven't seen previous responses. =)

In short, it's because Loot 2.0 isn't designed to be independent of the other features coming with Patch 2.0.1. The changes to itemization have been designed with other game changes in mind, especially Paragon 2.0 and much of the revisions to existing class abilities.

In addition, our console and PC teams have staggered development, meaning that they're worked on independently and in different cycles. That can sometimes result in one platform receiving changes before (or after) the other, because an idea being worked on might be able to make one cycle, but not another.

PC is our lead platform, and it's got a large package of changes on the way. Developing only a part of those changes as an independent patch would have not only taken away from the whole when it's delivered, but also significantly delayed the release of the pre-expansion patch and the expansion itself.

Hey, thanks for your answer. I have a question though: What's the difference between Loot 1.5 and Loot 2.0? Are they so different that the Dev Team couldn't apply it for PC in a mini patch? By "couldn't" i mean "it was not worthy, so that they developed system 2.0".

PS: sorry for my English. I'm not a native speaker.
Edited by DarkMagician#1749 on 12/6/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Zyron
PC is our lead platform, and it's got a large package of changes on the way.

Being your "lead platform", what features will PC have that console does not have?

We know of several features that are exclusive to console, can we expect the lead plaform to have some exclusive features as well?

No, because we lead at getting the shaft.
Reply Quote
So ptr next week?
Reply Quote
@Nevalistis

Nothing personal, but I see the console getting a lot of exclusivity (I don't want the roll :P). I'm wondering if there's any plan to add the Avenger thing.

Since "death" doesn't have many penalty, dying would send fourth pain to your friends in your list :P

It might not be much, but your friends would "know" that you are dying, a lot. Perhaps this should be a clan feature instead. Get revenge on the monster that has slain your clan-mate!
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 11:27 AMPosted by flowmotion
No, because we lead at getting the shaft.

Geez, so harsh.

PC launched way earlier than the console.

Also, the expansion is coming out sooner for PC. I don't think it even has a date for the console right now.

I'll take the shaft if it means getting to play much sooner.

Keep up the good job blues. You guys are great at taking a lot of heat.
Reply Quote
Lol the word slew just makes me think of Stew. Then I just get hungry.
Reply Quote
Nevalistis with all due respect as a guy that played the pc version for 3000+ hours only to finally get burned out due to frustration with no support from blizzard.. to see damn near all my gripes solved on console. Well, how can you justify this? Would it not make more sense to provide 1.5 loot to pc THEN port that to console? Or did you need the pc users that have been starved by a broken game a chance to buy the console to get a finished game? It sure seems that way. This carrot of loot 2.0 and how its sooooo much better than what the console has while we have a game which is pretty much unplayable unless you are mindlessly leveling paragon for expansion. How can that not be viewed as a slap in the face to pc users? No hate here.. Im just wondering how you truly can justify this.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why, if it truly is the "lead platform", did PC D3 not receive a patch for loot 1.5?

Any loot improvement is useless because the AH is still online.
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 12:32 PMPosted by weintraub79
Why, if it truly is the "lead platform", did PC D3 not receive a patch for loot 1.5?

Any loot improvement is useless because the AH is still online.

Why dont you look back to the beginning of D3 before it was launched and what they said the AH was supposed to be and do. Then revisit your statement.
Reply Quote
this
Posted by Moridin6
in another "business world" they have been blacklisted and sued, righteously at that.

Somebody here in EU, are taking steps vs. Blizz atm.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8267986838
Reply Quote
View profile
Why dont you look back to the beginning of D3 before it was launched and what they said the AH was supposed to be and do. Then revisit your statement.

First of all "loot 1.5" was designed for the console version, a very different game than the pc version and i don´t like it, the console version is a great game for console, that means very fast progression and short replayability, launching a patch with new loot with the AH still online will only cause the same complains of high prices, AH abuse,flippers, etc., etc..
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 12:54 PMPosted by weintraub79

First of all "loot 1.5" was designed for the console version, a very different game than the pc version and i don´t like it, the console version is a great game for console, that means very fast progression and short replayability, launching a patch with new loot with the AH still online will only cause the same complains of high prices, AH abuse,flippers, etc., etc..

But a better loot system wouldn't slow down all the complains? I mean, the people complain about the AH because the system is so broken that the only reliable way of improving gear is by AH. the complain is not about the AH entirely, it's about our dependency on AH in order to improve.

Prices are high because it's very hard to get a good item. If the probability of getting good items through drop increases, then wouldn't the prices get low?
Edited by DarkMagician#1749 on 12/6/2013 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 01:16 PMPosted by DarkMagician

But a better loot system wouldn't slow down all the complains? I mean, the people complain about the AH because the system is so broken that the only reliable way of improving gear is by AH. the complain is not about the AH entirely, it's about our dependency on AH in order to improve.

+1
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Nevalistis

This is a topic we've [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793040962#8"]covered [/url][url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793230889?page=1#2"]before[/url], but I'm happy to explain it again for those who haven't seen previous responses. =)

Didn't Josh admit during an interview that these were not separate teams? It's the same guys just switching hats. I mean you're acting like working on the console game isn't taking away from the PC game but it is.
Reply Quote
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3348917

"They're one team."
Reply Quote
12/06/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Snowjob
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3348917

"They're one team."

Wow, so I guess that it wouldn't be a surprise if console versions get RoS with loot 3.0 and Paragon 3.0, and why not Nephalem Trial...

Sorry, didn't mean to be so whiny and pessimistic, it's just that I can't help to feel ignored by Dev's Team.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]