Diablo® III

0 Dog a Dying Breed in RoS

Please support the following thread if you are interested in playing the 0 Dog build in RoS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10787809415#1
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/9/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I guess we should have expected the Troll invasion on an open discussion in ROS, of which they have no clue what they are talking about, instead they spew nonsense to get themselves noticed and feel relevant instead of providing valuable feedback.
Reply Quote
Archangel is chronically annoying in his/her posts. I don't think I'm ever in agreement with anything written by that poster.
Reply Quote
View profile
Some painful stuff in there for responses. I guess it is a more general forum so the amount of experience/knowledge is virtually zero (pun intended.)
Reply Quote
Yeah I don't know what else to do to try to get Blizzards attention to address this issue.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 12:33 PMPosted by heyguyslol
Yeah I don't know what else to do to try to get Blizzards attention to address this issue.

I appreciate the write up and it details exactly what we want and what changes need to be made, so I hope that we can get someone to read it on the DEV's side of Blizz.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/9/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've always said, that these devs are over doing it with RoS.
some of the skills that are currently in use are going to be missed :(

<3 0dog
Reply Quote
im so sick of this z dog is op statement that it is god mode blah blah from people that have 0 experience with it

granted 200k+ is prolly op killspeed wise but so is every build in gg gear and i still die to certain elites
Reply Quote
you have my support.
I hope 0 dog will still be a viable build in RoS.
I had a lot of fun with that build and would be sad to see it gone in RoS.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/09/2013 03:03 PMPosted by baggins
im so sick of this z dog is op statement that it is god mode blah blah from people that have 0 experience with it

granted 200k+ is prolly op killspeed wise but so is every build in gg gear and i still die to certain elites

I know - you have some guys who swear CoB is the end game best WD build, some guys swear by Plague Bats, and still some who stick with Bears. If 0Dog was so clearly more powerful it would be very apparent this late in the game.

Because it's not. Anyone who has played all those builds knows they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
Reply Quote
that guy is getting on my nerves lol
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 03:50 PMPosted by GunnersDream

I know - you have some guys who swear CoB is the end game best WD build, some guys swear by Plague Bats, and still some who stick with Bears. If 0Dog was so clearly more powerful it would be very apparent this late in the game.

Because it's not. Anyone who has played all those builds knows they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

You are absolutely right. The other thing that kinda pis ses me off and this is off topic is the changes they made to the zuni 4 peice set which drastically hurts players who wish to play zombie bears. I was actually looking forward to playing bears again as an alt spec but with all these new changes it looks pretty dead as well.

I also find it funny that ppl are saying 0 Dog is OP when you look at the new Toads build in RoS which costs no mana, casts multiple toads, and with the right weapon you get double attacks. The build is ridiculously OP but yet I can see it going live because thats the play style blizzard wants to shove down our throats. I thought blizzard said that RoS was going to provide more build diversity but all I'm seeing is quite the opposite at least where the Witch Doctor is concerned.

I'm very upset about this whole ordeal regarding 0 Dog. I've been playing and experimenting with the build for over a year and in that time I felt the need to share my findings and help other players who are interested and like the build but now with the current state it appears that only us players with legacy items will be able to run the build while others can only sit back and wish they could. I truly thought that RoS was going to re-establish the build for all WD's who wish to play it without costing them a fortune. I just can't express just how disappointed I am with their development choices on this matter. They should be improving build options and adding more. Again it seems that blizzard is going backwards instead of forwards.
Reply Quote
I think we face a certain comparability to the explosive blast build wizards are sticking to in beta streams

as we can see many wizards exploit the zero cooldown explosive blast build in ros beta since it has pretty much the best damage output compared to other builds featured through skill and item affix changes - in addition they just gear up with the many possibilities to improve fire damage or reduce recourse cost of fire skills which results in plain ridiculous damage numbers - they just have to care about apoc

I am pretty sure about some adjustments that will be made to this build and I kind of understand the issue with zero dogs

don't get me wrong - I like the idea of permanently sacrificing minions BUT ...

as for now zero dogs build requires at least 3 items to lower the cooldown but almost no significant mana input whereas the new explosive blast build only requires one key item - but still the wizard is in crucial need for arcane power - so my point is that there might be some problems when it comes to recourse management because the zero dogs build (in case of ros) would cost no mana since dogs will be stripped of their mana input

in my opinion this is not just an issue of cooldown reduction but of balance including calculations of damage output and recourse management - so why not adjust the item prerequisites for zero dogs and let sacrifice cost mana so we would be forced to either consider better damage output but running out of mana some time or focus on a balanced way that provides enough mana to uphold the sacrificing

I think it is important to address the developers with the wish of this build maintaining BUT we have to take in account that certain changes are beyond debate - skillwise AND gearwise

but we all know that balancing is not one of the specialities of the d3 developers team (haha)

cheers oco
Reply Quote
I have a serious question that I cant find an answer to:

Do we know (FOR SURE) that the skull grasp and or VOG will not be updated to current ROS standards?

Can Blizz answer this?
Reply Quote
balance what thou? im not understanding something here
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 04:38 PMPosted by REAPER666

Do we know (FOR SURE) that the skull grasp and or VOG will not be updated to current ROS standards?

Can Blizz answer this?

I would bet money that Blizz can't answer your question because they probably don't know.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 04:38 PMPosted by REAPER666

Can Blizz answer this?

Yes I have confirmation on this as I have seen the new Visage and Skull Grasp on http://www.twitch.tv/dreamwct live stream. I have not seen the new Mara's or SoJ so there is no confirmation there as of yet on those particular items. The info I got about the Mara's and SoJ was from another live streamer but I didn't actually see it for myself.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 05:00 PMPosted by heyguyslol
Yes I have confirmation on this as I have seen the new Visage and Skull Grasp on http://www.twitch.tv/dreamwct live stream. I have not seen the new Mara's or SoJ so there is no confirmation there as of yet on those particular items. The info I got about the Mara's and SoJ was from another live streamer but I didn't actually see it for myself.

:/ well poop

BTW... I lite up our boy on your ROS thread, Reaps School is now in session :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/9/2013 5:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Gave that post a bump, I dont play it but i hardly see it as OP
Reply Quote
that rynn guy is trying to say build will work with a 1sec cooldown guy has no clue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]