Diablo® III

0 Dog a Dying Breed in RoS

12/14/2013 12:12 AMPosted by Shockwave
@heyguylol: I was looking over that short video and notes in your other thread. That's a bummer for what they have so far.

As it now it's a bit of a flawed build with the sheet DPS. Having low sheet numbers and ripping higher damage that is. Bring item levels up to 70 with everything else to show players thier damage. Nerf the sacrifice damage so that there is comparable damage to other WD builds. I watch player use sacrifice to regain life and mana mostly when not using it in a 0 dog setup. Casting ever so often IMO is a small dent for damage compared to continuous attacks. It seems to me like he better fit for adjusting since it's not changing a lot. For all I know RoS increased monster life would make no difference.. Just a thought.

Seems to me the build will be more challenging anyway with globes dropping at a greater distance. Running a PtV build with LS gone is a nerf in itself.

Yeah there are so many problems with the new game mechanics that pretty much kill the build. Someone said in a tweet that the devs didn't want the build removed from the game and that they were going to try to fix some of the mechanics to allow the build to remain in the game but tbh I'll believe it when I see it.

They would have to fix the pur problem, health globe problem, attack speed problem, and cool down reduction problem for the build to work. Even players such as myself who have legacy gear for the build to work, still wont be able to run it because of the other problems which is why I decided to leave D3 and not buy RoS. I've also been watching other wd streamers playing bears & cob and the builds don't work very well at all. GF doesn't work for the builds and the lack of LS causes those builds to die excessively. Before the pur nerf from Paragons, the 0 Dog build was one of the only builds that had really good survivability because of the healing that For the Master provided.

So 0 Dog being the worst case build is not the only build that has been broken and when I say broken I mean comparing viability to the other classes and builds. So far the best classes in the game are the Crusader, Barb, and Monk. The WD, and DH seem to have gotten the shaft. I don't have any idea on how good the Wizard class is, because I haven't been watching to many streamers that stream the class but from what I've heard they are not doing to good either.
Reply Quote
That doesn't sound good at all.. I haven't watched a lot of streams. There was a fire frogs build that seemed pretty good compared to what it was.

I've sold enough now to either buy RoS or paypal out depending on where RoS lands at release.
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 03:40 PMPosted by heyguyslol
My God there are so many idiots posting in the thread its unbelievable. None of them understand 0 Dog or the mechanics, they also don't understand the cool down reduction stat, they talk as if they themselves are the developers. I'm so annoyed I want to punch ppl.

Probably because they haven't met or play with us-0dog or maybe they cant play 0dog bc all 0dog gears are kinda RARE. We are the best health globe supplier. Even our sheet dps is low compare to DH, wiz, monk and barb but we can easily stack from HG and kill very fast too.

I, myself was a barb, DH, Monk and Wizard (check my profile) lover but after I met Adam-0dog player too, I fell in love with WD. Credit to Shawn and Adam taught me a lot on how to build a mp10 0dog. I feel really sad to see heyguyslol leaving d3. Maybe I'll reconsider quitting too after I hit 1000 paragon.

Or maybe i'll buy RoS if new ilvl 70 gears 0dog available like lvl 70 SK, mara and VoA. As far as I know, I've only seen lvl 70 Homunculus. I am so frustrated bc I was thinking there will be new VoA, skull grasp or mara but TBH I am truly disappointed. T_T
Reply Quote
Diamond marquise in helm adds 10% reduction. I think marquise are the new squares in RoS so I'm wondering what a maximum reduction is possible for a diamond in helms in addition to paragon reduction points (assuming that there are better than marquise gems in RoS). Still doesn't look good but hoping that can be a new configuration that will allow 0 dog to function in RoS.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 12/17/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
unfotunately cooldown reduction doesnt work

rip 0 dog - check out the new build i was working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUL7Jzd9Tz0
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Shockwave
Diamond marquise in helm adds 10% reduction. I think marquise are the new squares in RoS so I'm wondering what a maximum reduction is possible for a diamond in helms in addition to paragon reduction points (assuming that there are better than marquise gems in RoS). Still doesn't look good but hoping that can be a new configuration that will allow 0 dog to function in RoS.
cdr means nothing for the 0 dog spec unless you wanna play at 1sec because it applies
after the -sec so it will never reach zero just wasted rolls and a gem slot that doesnt solve the pur issue either with globes dropping 25 yards away and pur rolls 1-2 yards in ros
Reply Quote
Ah so, I just now checked and when I imported my character to PTR, my total DPS changed for zero dogs...

I noticed when I equipped all my zero dog gear and my DPS went down.

I took a screen shot, the PTR is in the foreground:
http://i.imgur.com/il6Ch60.jpg

EXACT same gear, mind you.

Good news:
They did add multi thread support. I saw over "200%" cpu usage in OS X activity monitor, which means, for example, at 250%, it's using two and half CPUs more or less.
Most importantly, my FPS was up significantly from the vanilla D3 when I do the Zero Dogs explosion test.
Reply Quote
Good news:
They did add multi thread support. I saw over "200%" cpu usage in OS X activity monitor, which means, for example, at 250%, it's using two and half CPUs more or less.

I am very happy to hear this. Thank you for sharing.
Reply Quote
@mcp para points will be why dps loss did you assign any?
Edited by baggins#6187 on 12/17/2013 11:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Good point baggins, it must be the paragon points because I probably dumped them into something besides INT.
Reply Quote
0dog stream right now
http://www.twitch.tv/turknukem
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 11:23 PMPosted by MCP
Ah so, I just now checked and when I imported my character to PTR, my total DPS changed for zero dogs...

I noticed when I equipped all my zero dog gear and my DPS went down.

I took a screen shot, the PTR is in the foreground:
http://i.imgur.com/il6Ch60.jpg

EXACT same gear, mind you.

I believe your dps difference is due to the change in stat points that you get from Paragon points. I also noticed that you are wearing a different ammy which also could be a problem with your dps difference. If you look at your live build you have 2199 int and the PTR/ROS build you have 1915 int so that is where your dps difference is.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/21/2013 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 01:37 AMPosted by steffan
0dog stream right now
http://www.twitch.tv/turknukem

He is going to be greatly disappointed with 0 Dog when he tries to start doing Torment lvls of the game. Doing Expert and Master should be no problem with his current gear because it scales with the level and he also has pur on his gear which barely allows him to keep GF stacks. When he starts to upgrade his gear his dps won't scale well because of the two legacy items required and that's *IF* he acquires a new Homunculus mojo.

He will also loose that pur from his legacy gear and be unable to maintain GF. Of coarse one could switch to PtV over GF but that is a big nerf to the build as far as dps and ehp. I've researched this thoroughly because this is my favorite and main build to play. I would not be quitting D3 if I thought 0 Dog was still going to be a viable build for end game. It's quite obvious blizzard does not want this build to be viable anymore, most likely because of the healing it provides.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/21/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Torment 6:
http://www.twitch.tv/dreamwct/b/483705899

;))
Reply Quote
View profile
looks good and all, but didn't they take crushing blow out of the game? You can see it proccing on his screen…is the build still effective? i didn't see his paragon points, or even look at all his gear stats, but is splash dog + piranhas playing a large role in his dog output?

the video was put out about a month ago…how have things changed?
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 01:18 AMPosted by Apsie1944
Torment 6:
http://www.twitch.tv/dreamwct/b/483705899

;))

This video was the first beta patch release which at the time had the pur in paragons and the ability to reroll legacy items at a much higher value and he also had a new i70 mojo. With the new patch you can not reroll legacy items that high and you can no longer maintain GF due to the pur nerf.

So long story short this video is out dated and obsolete.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 09:43 AMPosted by heyguyslol
This video was the first beta patch release which at the time had the pur in paragons and the ability to reroll legacy items at a much higher value and he also had a new i70 mojo. With the new patch you can not reroll legacy items that high and you can no longer maintain GF due to the pur nerf.

It still look viable to me, especially for you: running around with no lifsteal takes a bit of kiting, right??
So repositioning for the globes, or working in a team that should work?!?
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Apsie1944

It still look viable to me, especially for you: running around with no lifsteal takes a bit of kiting, right??

Your welcome to try but I won't. When you compare other build choices that do not have to use gimped legacy gear for higher Torment lvls, 0 Dog just wont measure up and your group mates will be carrying you. Just to give u an idea imagine that you are playing with decently geared players on mp10 and you decide you want to play with poison darts or firebomb, it's greatly going to reduce the damage output of the group which is why you don't see wd's running poison darts or fire bomb on mp10, which will be the same with 0 Dog on higher Torment lvls.

It's bad enough that 0 Dog currently has to use a gimped mojo which is one piece of gear but imagine having to use two. Also remember that pur has been nerfed to the ground so GF wont work at the present unless blizzard redesigns the passive. Blizzard broke to many things in the game for the 0 Dog build to work and be effective for end game progression. Sure at entry lvl of RoS it will work just not as effectively but as you progress it will start to scale backwards and not be worth running over the other build choices.

This is one of the reason why I won't be buying RoS, another is I refuse to play self found based on the loot drops I've seen from live streams, the drop rates are horrible and require more work with very little to no pay off, not worth my time so I'm not going to buy.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Apsie1944

This is my no Life Steal demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQXymBZjp0M
Reply Quote
[quote="110399516378"]
Your welcome to try but I won't. When you compare other build choices that do not have to use gimped legacy gear for higher Torment lvls, 0 Dog just wont measure up and your group mates will be carrying you.

Can you please stop being such a hatemonger? 0dog is viable in RoS and to my testing far superior to all other WD builds. I use it at T4 with really good speed and minimal deaths, T5/T6 are also possible with almost no deaths, allthough with the current healthpools and no crushing blow elites take way too long

Let's have a look at legacy and new WD items:
You claim that 0dogs are gimped by being forced into legacy gear. Right now you have to use legacy gear in 2 slots, ring and helm (/amulet):
- SoJ still holds up very well against RoS rings and has higher damage to elites than any RoS ring. %damage can be rolled to 6% attack speed.
- Visage of Giyua could roll for example 200int, 524vit, 80all res, 6crit, socket. A best in slot RoS helm has 750int, 100res, 6crit, a socket, one secondary stat and a legendary effect - hardly a difference statwise. None of the current legendary effects on helms are difference makers in higher torments.

New in RoS:
- Homunculus is now the best mojo in RoS (+1 primary compared to all other mojos, again no must have legendary effects on other mojos)
- Enchantress helps 0dog a lot since we can reroll mana regen into other primaries. That frees up at least 3 affixes on weapon, helm and mojo. In my case 10% damage, 510 vit and a socket (280 int).
- Anessazi Edge. New ceremonial knife that allows 0dogs to (almost) permastun ("Zombie Dogs stuns enemies around them for 1 second when summoned.")
- Ancient Parthan Defenders.("You take 25% less damage for each enemy that is stunned within 25 yards of you."). Might aswell read it as "invincibility" with the aforementioned knife You don't miss out on other great effects here, the alternatives are all gimmicky right now.

On the other hand there is not a single item that has any special synergy with bears, bats, barrage or acid rain. These had some damage and effect adjustments and that's it.

The non-0dog builds have 2 major problems: mana and life regen. As I mentioned before, mana regen comes at a high cost in RoS and so does life regen with the lifesteal removal 0dog laughs at these issues with 0 mana expenditure and healing for 400k+ life per second with a displayed healing value of '0'. .

So yeah, I'd really like to know what kind of superior builds you are talking about. Add me on PTR/Beta if you have non-0dog builds that can farm T3-T4 without bugs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]