Diablo® III

In RoS, will a paragon level 10 character be level 70?

When RoS goes live, the level cap will be set at 70. So, will a paragon level 10 character be level 70? Also, how is the account-wide paragon level established? The earlier paragon levels take less experience than the later ones, so will the number of paragon levels for all characters be the account-wide paragon level, or will the total amount of experience on an account be used to determine the account-wide paragon level?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/09/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Starblazer
So, will a paragon level 10 character be level 70?

Paragon level experience and character level experience are independent of one another. All characters will start in Reaper of Souls at level 60 and adventure their way to level 70, regardless of their Paragon level progression.

12/09/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Starblazer
will the total amount of experience on an account be used to determine the account-wide paragon level?

This (with the caveat that Hardcore and Normal experience pools are calculated independently). Some players have already calculated out the approximate experience current Paragon levels are equivalent to in the expansion. However bear in mind that the numbers datamined/currently in use in the Friends & Family Beta may not be final and are subject to change before launch.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Some players have already calculated out the approximate experience current Paragon levels are equivalent to in the expansion.

This page will tell you your RoS paragon EXP/LvL :

http://www.paragoncalculator.com/converter/
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Agmo
Some players have already calculated out the approximate experience current Paragon levels are equivalent to in the expansion.

Question, if the calculator gives you a value, lets say 60. Is that 60 paragon points divided among 4 areas, or 60 paragon points for each?
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 12:39 PMPosted by SilverOwsla

Question, if the calculator gives you a value, lets say 60. Is that 60 paragon points divided among 4 areas, or 60 paragon points for each?
]

From what I understand yes there are 4 subsets to Paragon 2.0 and they will divided into those (4). Every time you level past that you will get 1 point and it will go into the next set in line. Just my understanding at this time.
Reply Quote

no it is not transfer by pure plvl. it is transfer thro exp all combine.

and yes it would be divided into 4 sub catagory.

but yes as u lvl up u get 1 point at a time and it goes in order. like core, ultility, then offense then defense. and its not in that order xD i forgot how it goes but yea u get the point
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input Nevalistis. :)
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Paragon level experience and character level experience are independent of one another. All characters will start in Reaper of Souls at level 60 and adventure their way to level 70, regardless of their Paragon level progression.
I know this isn't what you mean, but you're currently implying that when I make a crusader it'll automatically be level 60.

Just thought I'd point it out before someone makes a thread quoting you and complaining about the removal of levels from 1 to 60.
Reply Quote
Yeah Nevalistis could you clarify that a bit?

Does that mean that with a new character, I can't play Act 5 until I am level 60??

Thanks.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Fizzmopper
Yeah Nevalistis could you clarify that a bit?

Does that mean that with a new character, I can't play Act 5 until I am level 60??

Thanks.
From what I've gathered, assuming you have it unlocked you could play act5 at level 1.
Reply Quote
Monsters will be scaling with the difficulty you play. I am not sure about starting at Act 5. I imagine if you are starting at Level 1 with your Crusader that if you played at a higher difficulty you will level rather quickly. I would bet most people will be 60 in one or two days?!
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Gamemaster
I know this isn't what you mean, but you're currently implying that when I make a crusader it'll automatically be level 60.

Just thought I'd point it out before someone makes a thread quoting you and complaining about the removal of levels from 1 to 60.

that exactly what he said. IF you played d2 you would remember that if you started a character in the xpac you instantly leveled to 30. its no different.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Mendomain

that exactly what he said. IF you played d2 you would remember that if you started a character in the xpac you instantly leveled to 30. its no different.
That's not true at all. I still play diablo2 to this day.
Reply Quote
Question: If I have a lvl 60 character, 100 paragon, and I start playing it, do I earn paragon points on top of leveling the char to 70, or does the paragon pause till I get to 70?
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 04:34 PMPosted by VaPatsFan
Question: If I have a lvl 60 character, 100 paragon, and I start playing it, do I earn paragon points on top of leveling the char to 70, or does the paragon pause till I get to 70?

I believe a blue posted that you will receive no paragon points till you hit the new cap "Level 70".
Reply Quote
I love how blizzard answers all the pointless questions that nobody really cares about
Reply Quote
I've seen this kind of posts over and over again for many weeks. !@#$ing people asking the same questions
Reply Quote
What I keep wondering about is this.

So ROS hits and I have however many paragon levels for my account. When are those points available for distribution for each of the following characters below?

1) a new crusader or other character created after the release of ROS
2) already existing characters under 60
3) already existing characters at 60
4) characters that are between 60 and 70 but less than 70
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Lykos
What I keep wondering about is this.

So ROS hits and I have however many paragon levels for my account. When are those points available for distribution for each of the following characters below?

1) a new crusader or other character created after the release of ROS
2) already existing characters under 60
3) already existing characters at 60
4) characters that are between 60 and 70 but less than 70

Paragon points are available to ALL characters regardless of their level or progress from level 1 to level 70. That is how it is in RoS at this time from what I've seen in video streams.

As a note I calculated the paragon level for my 51'ish Monk, in the expansion I will be paragon 51 if not for my Paragon 10-15 Barb and Which Doctor brings me to 56-57.
Reply Quote
12/09/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Agmo
ell yo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]