Diablo® III

General help centre for everyone! (>^^)>

View profile
Welcome to the general help centre! (>^^)>

[GENERAL INFO]

This is a thread where the community is free to help any player for any advice they may need. So if someone posts in this thread seeking advice, anyone is free to reply!

[NEED HELP?]

Post here if you seek advice! We are all a friendly bunch of people with some (>^^)> here and there.

Hints to create a constructive post to get the most information from a reply? Take a look at the following link.
<links are coming soon, probably later on tonight>

[WANT TO HELP OUT?]

Feel free to post a reply to anyone that seeks helps and give them some feedback!

Hints to develop a constructive post to other players? Take a look at the following link.
<links are coming soon, probably later on tonight>

[WANT HELP FROM NYAN?]

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10261776447

I provide exclusive help to players , and can provide extreme details on gear/routes, attack speed breakpoints, builds/execution, farming, ubers.....you get the idea (>^^)>

I may not reply to players right away, since I'm only one person of course. However posting my thread ensures that you will always get quality feedback (particularly for RF).

Why rapid fire? It's one of the more popular choices now for high MP farming, due to the ease of use and damage. Holding down the button isn't all what's going on with RF which I hope to get across people! ^.^

[WHY YOU DO THIS NYAN?]

This is an experiment that I'm testing out. I offer great advice to players in my gearing service too. Of course, I have experience with other builds, but there are other players that have better experience than me. (like RedCell or Kirus w/ DW)

Furthermore, there could be cases which I cannot reply in my thread right away due to stuff like school, family, anime,...or playing Diablo xD

This would also keep a good track record of what players were helped, and the advice that was given. Simply looking at the advice given can give a player a general idea of what to do without even posting.

This can also reduce the number of posts being created in the DH forums about players seeking help, and instead direct them all right here!

[RULES]

The regular forum rules...but I'll add a couple of my own.

1. Do not discourage players to play DH or a certain play-style. I really don't like to see someone seeking advice and then you see a reply saying "Don't do it. Play a <insert class> instead." It's me asking help from RagingKoala about my barb and him replying "Don't do it. Play your snapshot DH instead." as people play to have fun.

Well I hope this thread can work out....
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 1/17/2014 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
With my DHs current gear. I'm comfortably farming MP6. I am working on MP7, but sometimes large packs can be a pain. Is there any good skill suggestions with my gear that would make large pack situations more palatable?

I know I need to improve my gear, but right now I have a very low budget... (college student at end of semester). So what I have is not changing any time soon unless I get lucky with a decent drop to convert to gold.
Edited by Fularis#1222 on 12/10/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm having a bit of trouble staying alive now that I switched out Spike Traps for Vault-Tumble. I'ts not horrible but there are times where I should not die and because disp starved to vault or lose gloom i end up dying against harder elites. I've thought about giving up hp for +disp but i'm not sure if that would be the right solution.

The only gear change I made was going from Nat's Chest to Inna's Chest. The difference there is +5k hp, -75 AR. Even though I gained hp I feel a lot more glassy without that AR on chest. Only solution i see here is going 80-95 Vit/ 75AR/ high dex roll chest. I would lose about 10k hp but gain that AR. Not sure this would solve my problem.

Overall i also know i need more practice playing Vault DH.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/10/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/10/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Fularis
With my DHs current gear. I'm comfortably farming MP6. I am working on MP7, but sometimes large packs can be a pain. Is there any good skill suggestions with my gear that would make large pack situations more palatable?

I know I need to improve my gear, but right now I have a very low budget... (college student at end of semester). So what I have is not changing any time soon unless I get lucky with a decent drop to convert to gold.

I suggest using Gloom on SP, and bombardment for RF. Don't know if you have given those a try but you can def tank large mobs this way.
Reply Quote
View profile
KB you like this thread idea? Just wondering ^.^
Reply Quote
View profile
12/10/2013 10:01 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
KB you like this thread idea? Just wondering ^.^

Yes.

KB (>^^)>
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Why do I die even with 600+ AR, 55K+ HP and Smokescreen + Gloom? Which Rain of Vengeance rune? Which Caltrops rune other than Bait the Traps? Are Savage Beasts that OP/IMBA? Why can't I reliable dodge things? I'm not a ninja? Is it really that important to hit breakpoints? Is it cast animation or tick speed? Why can't I dual-wield daggers? Which vocaloid do you prefer, Nyan? Why is it that even some Japanese people don't understand nyan and prefer meow?
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
@KingB --

If I may summarize, you swapped a hatred spender for a discipline spender and find that you run out of discipline a little more. Ok. You notice it mostly against tough elites, and this is an important clue.

I suspect this is not so much a discipline management problem as a DPS problem. You no longer have traps and traps are an enormous source of DPS, Those tough elites are killing you a little more often because you're not putting a trap under them while they attack you. Therefore, you are giving them more time to kill you, more time to drain you of discipline.

IIRC you used Echoing Blast which means that when you were going toe-to-toe with that tough elite you were both prolly standing in a trap that went off 3 times in 3 secs and crit'ted twice, dealing 500-600k DPS per crit.

You will have to adjust your play style for your new skills, something I think you already figured out.

Overall i also know i need more practice playing Vault DH.
Reply Quote
@Jaetch --

Why do I die even with 600+ AR, 55K+ HP and Smokescreen + Gloom?

My experience, the Bulls quit 1-shotting me when I get over about 62-63K life (3700 armor, 360 AR). I'm putting that down as a buffer-overrun problem. In the case of Bulls, as long as the Life Steal cycle that Gloom gives us is working the problem isn't so much HOW MUCH damage is coming in as just avoiding TOO MUCH damage in one shot. A Gloomed DH is damned hard to kill cuz there's a lot of life coming in.

Once in a while the Bulls get lucky and another monster kills me by hitting right after a bull strike before Life Steal saves the day but that requires pretty good timing and coordination. Plus Shuriken Cloud helps too.
Edited by wrayzee#1483 on 12/10/2013 4:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
@Jaetch <(^^<)

You may need to tell me why you are dying. Are you dying only to elite packs? There are strategies to fighting elite packs with certain affixes.if this is the case.

Savage beasts I usually reply on smoke screen to do the job. I recommend max discipline in this case however (usually on a cloak or SoJ).

Additional information :

You may want to consider a RF crit chance on your deadman's legacy! But you will need to keep that 20 ias to keep the 2.00001 aps breakpoint (it should say 2.00 in game currently for you).

You can't dodge reliably because your not goku from DBZ.

Your not a ninja because RoS isn't out yet! Speaking of which I had a discussion about this, and about DH's should have significantly less aggro to monsters than melee characters.

Hitting breakpoints is important for many reasons.
1. Cost and efficiency. Wasting a little bit of attack speed isn't so bad, but when it's like 9%+ attack speed wasted, then you should be concerned because you could use 9 ias property for something like 12% life, or something else to focus on.

2. Breakpoints will depend on various skills, but it is emphasized more on skills which are your primary damage dealers (or in some cases hybrid). For example DiEoxidE's new bola shot build relies heavily on bola shot for DPS. So his breakpoints would be more so for the attack frame breakpoints instead of something like rapid fire, and maximize his potential on bola shot. But for myself I use rapid fire has my primary damage dealer. So I want to be able maximize my potential on rapid fire, and go for the RF breakpoints.

3. Hatred efficiency. Getting more attack speed on your gear uses more hatred for no reason on channelling skills. I always try to avoid this particularly for builds that require hatred management.

You can't duel weild daggers because your not a ninja.

I prefer Vocaloid IA ^.^

I don't know why some !@# people prefer meow over nyan (>^^)>
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 12/10/2013 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Thanks for the sound advice BokaroidoMeow.
Reply Quote
Please help to find out do I need help or not.

Thanks,
Defender
Reply Quote
Can someone point me to charts for BPs of normal attacks (not RF or Strafe)
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10261776447?page=1#5

Scroll down to the bottom of the post for "general breakpoints"
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 12/10/2013 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
So sad to see you get reported on this thread Nyan.

Personally methinks you are a legend, always putting out helpful threads etc :-P

You deserve (>^^)> x1000!

@Jaetch I can also attest to this (65k+ HP, 400+ AR, 3500 Armor does the trick w/ Gloom), so I dunno how you are dying if you are using SS at the right time?

12/10/2013 11:56 AMPosted by wrayzee
@Jaetch --

Why do I die even with 600+ AR, 55K+ HP and Smokescreen + Gloom?

My experience, the Bulls quit 1-shotting me when I get over about 62-63K life (3700 armor, 360 AR). I'm putting that down as a buffer-overrun problem.

Silver
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I die periodically, but I don't like dying... at all, if you know how my wizard rolls :)

So dying once a run is like blasphemy for me.
Reply Quote
My DH has not died in ages and I'm still figuring out what I did is right.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 12/11/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Jaetch
Why do I die even with 600+ AR, 55K+ HP and Smokescreen + Gloom? Which Rain of Vengeance rune? Which Caltrops rune other than Bait the Traps? Are Savage Beasts that OP/IMBA? Why can't I reliable dodge things? I'm not a ninja? Is it really that important to hit breakpoints? Is it cast animation or tick speed? Why can't I dual-wield daggers? Which vocaloid do you prefer, Nyan? Why is it that even some Japanese people don't understand nyan and prefer meow?

To handle Savage Beast elites w/o resorting to skill activation needs 500k eHP; 668 AR, 73k Hp, 3.94k Amr, 1,041 LoH, 2.12 aps & 361k dps.

What happens when my DH gets hit by Savage Beast?
Eventhough Hp drops a lot, my Life orb is fill up to full again within half a second. I'm still figuring out this part.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 12/11/2013 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ If you used delayed damage attacks like Bola and/or Spike Traps, chances are your HP is replenished in the next half a second after being charged when one of your attacks explode to deal damage. Or it could be the Jagged Spikes snapshotting SP, especially if you had laid multiple Jagged Spikes when SP was on.

Don't think 500k eHP is necessary though.

@Jaetch, DH has naturally less resistance than Wiz because Wiz's main stat increases AR. I looked at 2 of your Wizzies and they have over 87% damage reduction. A tank DH will only have that sort of damage reduction with Gloom on. Also, Savage Beast's charge ignores dodge, as do many elite ground effects.

Since you roll with Rapid Fire, the moment your RF is interrupted by the knockback you have 0 life steal for like a second or two, and if you have already spent most of your discipline recasting Caltrops:Bait the Trap and Prep:Punishment while channelling RF, you might have run out of discipline to quickly recast SP and RF after getting knocked back. Try getting Bat instead of Caltrops:Bait the Trap, Prep:Backup Plan for emergency disc supply, and time your smoke screen against wind-up attacks.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Oh, I know, I know. Just poking fun at how squishy a DH is. I've already accepted it. I generally time my SS just fine prior to a charge so I rarely ever let go of Rapid Fire until everything on the screen is dead. It's only during Crypt Runs when a teammate decides to herd everything in Fields of Misery into one spot and I have no idea where everything's coming from :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]