Diablo® III

Reaper & Luffy's Beta Testing of ROS for WD

Well good news I have it downloading at 3 megs per sec which is far cry from 10kb :P

Luff and I have decided to share this thread for all to access. It will be great to team up and compare notes.

I have gear for 0 dogs, as well as testing out all other skills and build sets for WD which I know, I, all you guys are intrested in.

I'm am interested in Proc rates, and how they apply to skills. I will be hunting for gear built for WD, and hopefully provide some great news for us

I'm not going to spend alot of time exploring, but in the hunt for loot It may not be avoided.

Im still trying to figure out a meaningful way to stream. standby on that...

Im not intrested in wasting time with the whole story line, that would not help us at all.

Besides I dont want to spoil them game for all to play later.

In This thread I will ask for your feedback, and testing you want to see for WD.

I have had a thought to post vids with various testing titles for all to access.
example 0-dogs, COB, PB, Pets etc, etc...this is what we want to see.

I want to know how those builds hold up in all Torment levels, and maybe come up with some meaningful advice as to what to look for as you progress.

I will not be doing other classes at this time, I want to concentrate on WD only for us.

Then when I have done enough there I may move on to DH which is my other passion in D3

My intial thoughts are, It will take me a min to get acclimated to ROS and study the crafting, skills and theory crafting involved to various builds for us to use.

Please again guys be patient with me, I can't Run alot, as I have a pretty demanding job.

However, weekends are pretty open for me to test, and evenings for about 2-3 hours.

With the combination of Luff , and myself, and some other WD's running ROS beta, I hope to get some great discussion going for all to participate in.

SOOO please standy....;)
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/13/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
reserved
Reply Quote
reserved
Reply Quote
reserved
Reply Quote
Reserved.
Reply Quote
thx boys. maybe some of us other docs will get some betas in the next wave and we could joins yas. cant wait to see what u guys find out. :)
Reply Quote
Anticipation...
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Register on Twitch.tv, then either download XSplit Media or Open Broadcaster. Settings vary depending on your connection and specs. It's not too difficult to set up, even if you plan on running a mic and chat while streaming. You may have to pay for XSplit Media for some of the bonus features. Open Broadcaster is free.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 12/13/2013 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Xsplit is pretty easy to use and I can help you set it up Reaper if you want to jump on a teamspeak or w/e voice program.

Also you can run a high quality stream with Xsplit free version...you just have to wait for a silly timer when you first open it before you can click continue.
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 12/13/2013 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah my twitch account is:

http://www.twitch.tv/reaper666d3

I beleive if you click follow on it will notifiy you when im on.

I will be using open broadcast, as its FREE :P
Reply Quote
Really glad you and Luffy got beta keys. I think you both have a great opportunity to help shape the future of what the WD will become in RoS. I look forward to watching your stream and thank you for your hard work. Btw I love your Reaper animation, it looks awesome.
Reply Quote
welcome to the reaper & luffy show!

^ has a certain sound to it eh?

look forward to watching your streams, good luck guys!
Reply Quote
Hello guys,

So I have been working some of the boring stuff like leveling up to 70 so I can really test some builds.

Like I have mentioned before I didnt want to post vids of this begining stuff, didnt want to spoil the game for you all.

ATM it set me at paragon 279, which is off from the posted calculaters out there..which is meh to me and not as important as testing builds.

ATM I was able to get to 66, found 1 Leg...a ammy, and some rares I couldnt use

Seems the highest I could run was Master difficulty at this time until I reach 70.

There are alot of issues atm with game play on Blizz's side

1. Game freezes

2. I was running in one area with COB and the animation frooze up on me and basically couldnt resume the game.

3. Maps in some instances where blacked out and could not access, in other words they did not load up properly.

4. Log in issues to server, qued to a wating list or not load at all.

5. I was able to get the Mystic up and running at max level, which just takes a small amount of gold to do... however guys it takes a BUNCH of crafting mats to be able to use her. These mats come from farming and salvaging gear that you find, this is not a bad thing, its just what I see.

6. I was able to run 0-Dogs with my legacy gear, this felt very different to me from D3V. the animation of summoning throws the globes away from the WD, it looked like 20+ yrds to me, I had 14 yds PUR at the time and I was not picking up all the globes it was throwing out. I was only able to test FTM at this time, but plan to test PTP with HGB on gear..The sacrafic seemed sluggish to me, it seemed to be delayed a bit, I dont know the reason for this yet. My CDR was in par of what it needed to be.Futher tests need to be done on this when I can get in the game again. Once I unlock 70 and the last passive I hope to be able to giving this and other builds a good test.

7.I am still studying LS, it still shows up on details of me having 2.9 % LS, I wasn't having an issue at all with this. However its not a fair test until I get tolvl 70 and to Torment levels. Even at Master level, some of the E's are nasty...with stun effects and knockback posion etc, timing of skills will come into play which I love.

8.Piranhas does interupt channeling of COB, however is a effective skill, I don't have all the runes unlocked to give it a fair go, but does look promising, especially the tornado rune.

9. I have found the TOTD to be very beneficial atm with the PUR, max mana and mana regen at least for the start. Once I see other gear I can give better advice here.

10. ATM...OOGABOOGA is 334kdps, 4300+ armor, 1000+ AR and 143k life at level 66. This is just with Legacy gear atm...even with this is died a few times on some nasty E's on Master level.
Once Im able to log again if servers behave I can stream today.

anyway more updates to come guys

be patient, the game is fun and the graphics are amazing when I can play :P....Blizz?
Reply Quote
everything should be dandy after the 15th...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10896179551#1

ty for the update reaper (i'm adding you on live if you dont mind).
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 09:14 AMPosted by juju
everything should be dandy after the 15th...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10896179551#1

ty for the update reaper (i'm adding you on live if you dont mind).

Yeah thanks for that, tried to log in this morning :/

All I can say guys is be patient I "think" with enough feedback from us, we can change WD.

This is, and always will be, my passion in this game from now on. If we fail, at least we tried.

If our voices are loud enough, perhaps we can make a class for all us to be proud of, at the very least we will go down kicking and screaming instead of being silent.

I have been VERY vocal recently to changes that we need in this class and this has echoed with your guys responses and what you want to see.

If you want to give up now, that's your call...I have been a "Debbie Downer" in some of my posts and I feel bad about that, but I see us in the 4th quarter, 1st down on the 40th yard line, score is tied, 2 min left in game, we need to stay focused on big plays to score a TD.

What we do and say now will echo in the final ROS game, (sure there will be bugs).. I believe this. We are being listened to believe it or not.

sorry had some spelling errors :P
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/14/2013 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Can you guys do some testing with Sycophants and provide feedback in the RoS thread? They added a lot of cool items and buffed the damage to 130% weapon damage but still some major concerns from what I can see in the PTR:

1) Still die way to quickly and we have no info on how their survivability is calculated.
2) Fetish Army from runes or item proc will wipe all the existing ones.
3) All pets don't benefit from crit damage (might be intended)
4) Need more ranged ones!
Reply Quote
I am interested in Pets.
What are the proc rates like for burning dogs?
What abilities, like splash damage, or immunities from individual elements are carried over to pets?
etc.
How squishy are pets in torrent?
I hear very squishy :(
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Wachati
Can you guys do some testing with Sycophants and provide feedback in the RoS thread? They added a lot of cool items and buffed the damage to 130% weapon damage but still some major concerns from what I can see in the PTR:

While I realize you weren't asking me - I'm in the beta sooo... Fetish army rocks (at least up to Master difficulty) I've been running it as a way to help deal with tough elites - and using it in combo with the 15 sec duration Garg (who definitely crits for upwards or 2 million damage)

I have only seen Fetishs die once to a pack of champions with multiple waves of frozen orbs into a pack of arcane beams - each fetish did take 7-8 exploding orbs and had at least 2 beams hit them prior to death though so not too squishy now but I'm unsure how that would scale up into Torment.

Don't have any of the special pet items yet so can't give feedback on those.

Frogs is incredible with the seek/double explosion Ceremonial knife btw - it was my first Legendary in beta and been using it sense then.
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Silben
While I realize you weren't asking me - I'm in the beta sooo... Fetish army rocks (at least up to Master difficulty) I've been running it as a way to help deal with tough elites - and using it in combo with the 15 sec duration Garg (who definitely crits for upwards or 2 million damage)

I have only seen Fetishs die once to a pack of champions with multiple waves of frozen orbs into a pack of arcane beams - each fetish did take 7-8 exploding orbs and had at least 2 beams hit them prior to death though so not too squishy now but I'm unsure how that would scale up into Torment.

Don't have any of the special pet items yet so can't give feedback on those.

Frogs is incredible with the seek/double explosion Ceremonial knife btw - it was my first Legendary in beta and been using it sense then.

You always welcome here to post your findings, the more the better tbh.

Please feel free to continue to give us your feedback, its much appreciated.

I just turned 70 and only have one piece of gear I could use from looting so far

I have not made it through the whole ACT yet.

I was testing Torment 1 with COB however...Thats no joke!!!...with legacy gear anyway

I am 278k life, 416k dps, 1100+ AR, 4500+ armor, and I was getting creamed.

I could imagine what Torment 6 will be like, but then again you have to have the gear for it to play that high, I'm not even close yet.

It will take sometime to find gear I am seeing anyway. I've only had one Leg drop and two rares that are upgrades.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]