Diablo® III

Reaper & Luffy's Beta Testing of ROS for WD

12/16/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Surijak
Pileon, on the other hand, is awesome on damage. (Now I kinda miss its knockback feature...)

Thanks for confirming this Luffy, I knew you'd check it out for us pretty quickly. Now to go flip some tables since pile on won't do it for me anymore...

I guess you like KB from pileon also.

The pileon dmg got buffed to 800.
Well, the good thing is, there is a knockback rune in Wall we can use. (can still kb when out of mana this way..not bad)
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 12/16/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I pop myself on RD with pile on in vanilla :(...

This will make it worse, but still, WOAH *Crash*
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Luffy
Well, the good thing is, there is a knockback rune in Wall we can use. (can still kb when out of mana this way..not bad)

Heh, at least we already have the -woz gear for that.
Reply Quote
Can you guys test Vampire Bats? I was pretty happy with it with PtV @60.

Zero wall didn't seem to do enough damage for me. I ended up only keeping the SoJ with -wall and with GI it was available all the time. The damage does stack.

Edit: Also, explosive beast is a lot of fun now.
Edited by Wachati#1647 on 12/16/2013 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Wachati
Zero wall didn't seem to do enough damage for me.

I was surprised by the developer decision behind this move, no one is using wall of zombies now so we'll reduce the cooldown.. but then torpedo the damage and reduce the duration.

12/16/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Wachati
Edit: Also, explosive beast is a lot of fun now.

Did we miss something here? I haven't noticed anything mechanically different about the rune.
Reply Quote
You know I don't think they changed anything beside a big damage buff to explosive beast, I think just the reduced mob density makes it so much more effective. I'm thinking the pirahnado + explosive beast would be a very good combo.
Reply Quote
Ah, that'd help you play eb a bit more ranged than having to act like you're running cob with a different animation the whole way through.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Wachati
I'm thinking the pirahnado + explosive beast would be a very good combo.

I have been using the WOZ rune that taunts enemies with EB, the AOE from the explosion usually decimates all the monsters driven to the wall within 1 or 2 hits and BAM, cooldown is off again and ready to taunt next pack. I don't feel it will be too effective above Master, but that's only because I can't play above Master on PTR.
Reply Quote
Hello Guys,

Soon I will be posting videos on different builds that I am testing.

I will make my comments on them for all to see.

I will make a new thread soon "Reapers ROS Beta Build Test Vids"

Once vids are posted, PLEASE comment, your feed back will be very valuable.

Thanks Guys
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 06:52 AMPosted by REAPER666
Hello Guys,

Soon I will be posting videos on different builds that I am testing.

I will make my comments on them for all to see.

I will make a new thread soon "Reapers ROS Beta Build Test Vids"

Once vids are posted, PLEASE comment, your feed back will be very valuable.

Thanks Guys

sounds good!
Reply Quote
Here is my progress so far w/ CoB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b5GVB4eTeI&feature=youtu.be

CoB continue to kill very fast...
However, survivability is the issue. I doubt I will be using CoB for HC.
The leg. helm looks awesome. It gives 30% mana cost reduction after not being attacked for 5 sec.
Serpent is very good for CoB also: 30% damage on me will be transferred to dogs. (my serpent has no mana gen. it's not shown in video)

a couple of notes to get started:
1. from lvl 60 to lvl 70, stack as much toughness as possible to begin with. Damage may come from %bonus from gear. For example, bracers can have 15% fire bonus. Boots and helm can have firebat damage bonus.

2. Good 1h weapon will drop very soon. However, good rarer offhand drop is much rarer. I used blood shred to trade for a offhand and re-roll an affix to get the current mojo. 2h weapon is not viable for me.

3. After getting lvl 70, finish the game once and started playing a lot of bounty games for farming.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 12/25/2013 11:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok guys...I have to say I have no new builds to offer for you at this time

Seems the drops have been nerfed to the ground and beyond..I suppose Blizz is testing from one extreme to another IDK...its bad atm.

I was able to run a little during the break and have not found one Leg to use.

I hope they patch this soon so I can test more builds with the proper gear.

In the meantime I've been using my Haunt/SB/Locust build only on Torment 2 to hunt for gear to test.

Torment 2 is a bit tough in some spots for me
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 1/2/2014 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
well... I think
1. all so-called "overpowered" builds are gone. There may not be "highly recommended" build(s) for everyone. And I believe that's one of their goals... there won't be one or a couple of highly popular builds for any particular toon.

2. To own Torment levels, instead of depending on powerful build, now it's depending on "over-powered" legendary gear. To get those "overpowered" gear, everyone needs to play a lot... the level you can play is "supposedly" directly proportional to your time spent in game...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]