Diablo® III

heyguyslol Quitting D3

After much thought and consideration I have decided to quit D3. My decision is based on the future changes to D3 in RoS that I personally find game breaking. Over the last few months Blizzard has been making changes planned for RoS that I flat out disagree with and I find them to be going backwards instead of forwards as far as the development of the game.

I know some of you may disagree or feel that I should wait and that it’s still beta but the problem is I’ve seen Blizzard pull this same sh!t with World of Warcraft and I personally find it unacceptable especially since it’s my money they are taking. The straw that broke the camel’s back is how they are making 0 Dog an unplayable build in RoS.

As much as I hate the majority of the changes they are making with RoS, I would accept and deal with them but the fact that they are taking away the build that I love and want to play means there is no reason for me to stay and give them my money.

Over the years’ time that I have been playing the 0 Dog build I have had a lot of fun and although some players may wonder if I ever get bored of playing 0 Dog, the answer is, NO, I love the build and has been a blast to play and experiment with. I’ve enjoyed creating and maintaining the 0 Dog Guide, helping new 0 Dog players, and collaborating & debating with others.

I have decided to keep all my gear as a trophy of my accomplishment with the build but I have already sold all of my gold.

The thread known as the “RoS WD Clan Signup!!!” can be remade and anyone who wishes to take the initiative to maintain the thread can simply copy and paste the info and create a new thread. The thread known as “0 Dog a Dying Breed in RoS” can continue as such but I will no longer waste any more of my time trying to keep the build in RoS since Blizzard seems to be ignoring it.

Changes that have killed the 0 Dog build are:
1. Reduced attack speed on items
2. Reduced pickup radius on items (1-2 yards)
3. Removed pickup radius from Paragons
4. Increased radius spawn points from dogs of health globes up to 20+ yards
5. No cool down reduction on zombie dogs for items other than the Homunculus
6. X% cool down to all skill does not work

Even if these changes are fixed which I know they won’t be I still see to many other changes to the game that literally inhibit my ability to enjoy the game play.

For those of you who wish to continue playing D3 all I can say is that as long as you can still enjoy the game more power to you but I will leave you with this; there are other great games out there to play that don’t have the problems that D3 does or should I say bad developers. If you’re not happy with D3 move on, why keep giving Blizzard your money for something that doesn’t make you happy.

I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 for the past month or so and I have been having a lot of fun with that more so than I ever did with World of Warcraft. If anyone here ever wants to join in on it, I’m on the BlackGate server username: heyguyslol.1974

Anyways that’s it for me, I may pop in to the forums every so often to say hi but unfortunately this is goodbye. Time to free up 12 GB of hard drive space : )

EDIT: I almost forgot, I want to thank Blizzard from freeing me from their games as I will never buy another Blizzard game/product. THANK YOU, I'm free.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/15/2013 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
aww man shawn. were gonna miss u bud. i really hope u change ur mind.. but if not i wish u the best of luck my friend.
Reply Quote
Sad to see you go, but I appreciate everything you have done for the WD community!! I feel like this is going to start happening more frequently now :(
Reply Quote
Nice, I actually got GW2 as a gift but I never played it haha. Maybe I'll give that a shot.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 12:18 PMPosted by heyguyslol
After much thought and consideration I have decided to quit D3. My decision is based on the future changes to D3 in RoS that I personally find game breaking. Over the last few months Blizzard has been making changes planned for RoS that I flat out disagree with and I find them to be going backwards instead of forwards as far as the development of the game.

I know some of you may disagree or feel that I should wait and that it’s still beta but the problem is I’ve seen Blizzard pull this same sh!t with World of Warcraft and I personally find it unacceptable especially since it’s my money they are taking. The straw that broke the camel’s back is how they are making 0 Dog an unplayable build in RoS.

As much as I hate the majority of the changes they are making with RoS, I would accept and deal with them but the fact that they are taking away the build that I love and want to play means there is no reason for me to stay and give them my money.

Over the years’ time that I have been playing the 0 Dog build I have had a lot of fun and although some players may wonder if I ever get bored of playing 0 Dog, the answer is, NO, I love the build and has been a blast to play and experiment with. I’ve enjoyed creating and maintaining the 0 Dog Guide, helping new 0 Dog players, and collaborating & debating with others.

I have decided to keep all my gear as a trophy of my accomplishment with the build but I have already sold all of my gold.

The thread known as the “RoS WD Clan Signup!!!” can be remade and anyone who wishes to take the initiative to maintain the thread can simply copy and paste the info and create a new thread. The thread known as “0 Dog a Dying Breed in RoS” can continue as such but I will no longer waste any more of my time trying to keep the build in RoS since Blizzard seems to be ignoring it.

Changes that have killed the 0 Dog build are:
1. Reduced items with attack speed
2. Reduced pickup radius on items and Paragon points
3. No cool down reduction on zombie dogs for items other than the Homunculus
4. X% cool down to all skills does not work

Even if these changes are fixed which I know they won’t be I still see to many other changes to the game that literally inhibit my ability to enjoy the game play.

For those of you who wish to continue playing D3 all I can say is that as long as you can still enjoy the game more power to you but I will leave you with this; there are other great games out there to play that don’t have the problems that D3 does or should I say bad developers. If you’re not happy with D3 move on, why keep giving Blizzard your money for something that doesn’t make you happy.

I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 for the past month or so and I have been having a lot of fun with that more so than I ever did with World of Warcraft. If anyone here ever wants to join in on it, I’m on the BlackGate server username: heyguyslol.1974

Anyways that’s it for me, I may pop in to the forums every so often to say hi but unfortunately this is goodbye. Time to free up 12 GB of hard drive space : )

EDIT: I almost forgot, I want to thank Blizzard from freeing me from their games as I will never buy another Blizzard game/product. THANK YOU, I'm free.

sad to see you go...
But i'm thinking of doing the same thing too... when I log into the game.. i can only see 3-6 online friends... luckily still got my console.. add me PSN:fe3doe_85 if you have it.. :p
Reply Quote
Good luck Shawn. I'll catch you in a different game. Shame we haven't got to roll a game since I got back. Definitely good memories back when you streamed regularly and in the forums; esp our bout with Psyclum a few months back. Good times.
Reply Quote
When I turned on KingKongors stream this morning and saw him putting in points into his Paragons I saw that Blizzard removed the Pickup Radius so we can no longer allocate points into that stat giving us up 25 yards total which would be needed since Blizzard changed the spawn points of health globes to 20 yards. With pur being gone from Paragons and the fact that gear only rolls 1-2 yards max this makes healing and maintaining GF impossible. I don't think the healing would be so bad since FtM is buffed but maintaining GF is a must. It was at that point that I decided that it's time to go, as I said Blizzard seems to be going backwards instead of forwards imo.There are many other changes to the game other than what is happening to 0 Dog that also motivated me to quit but killing the build was the last straw for me.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/12/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 12:18 PMPosted by heyguyslol

Shawn,

Damn you doing it aren't you, you hinted this to me.... but :/

lets not lose communication.

I want to give you my email over axon or some other means

Let me know the best way

well check in with each other as time goes on K?

your buddy Reaps
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hey, I don't know if this helps you, but I just exchanged a few messages via Twitter with one of the developers. Here's what he said:

"I think Wyatt and John are working on something to bring back that gameplay or something similar. We read the post. I don't think it was intended to be taken away."

This was in response to my question, "There are many player concerns regarding legacy builds like 0-sec Zombie Dogs in RoS... Will there be something like that in RoS or will players be stuck with cooldown reduction (which will never bring something to 0 cooldown)?"
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Jaetch
Hey, I don't know if this helps you, but I just exchanged a few messages via Twitter with one of the developers. Here's what he said:

"I think Wyatt and John are working on something to bring back that gameplay or something similar. We read the post. I don't think it was intended to be taken away."

This was in response to my question, "There are many player concerns regarding legacy builds like 0-sec Zombie Dogs in RoS... Will there be something like that in RoS or will players be stuck with cooldown reduction (which will never bring something to 0 cooldown)?"

well thats good news atleast for now.. it still gives some hope that 0dog can be viable in ros.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Jaetch
Hey, I don't know if this helps you, but I just exchanged a few messages via Twitter with one of the developers. Here's what he said:"I think Wyatt and John are working on something to bring back that gameplay or something similar. We read the post. I don't think it was intended to be taken away."This was in response to my question, "There are many player concerns regarding legacy builds like 0-sec Zombie Dogs in RoS... Will there be something like that in RoS or will players be stuck with cooldown reduction (which will never bring something to 0 cooldown)?"

J for MVP!...seriously pal you have always had WD's backs in this forum

That news is not half bad...incomplete but something ;)

Thanks J for the heads up pal

Edit: I find also disturbing that Players like Heyguyslol don't get to test in Beta and players that have been away so long do, random or not its insulting to say the least.......IDK J... I'm losing hope pal.

Shawn is probably one of the smartest players around not only for WD's but in D3...shame really
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/12/2013 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
[quote="108925189536"]

Edit: I find also disturbing that Players like Heyguyslol don't get to test in Beta and players that have been away so long do, random or not its insulting to say the least.......IDK J... I'm losing hope pal.

Shawn is probably one of the smartest players around not only for WD's but in D3...shame really

J, this is one of the points many get frustrated about which REAPER666 has commented on. You have a player that has developed a character outside the box and made it a viable and fun build and these very smart players as well as others do not even get to test incoming content so they can give you much better feedback on a class then some of the streams I have watched.

+1
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
The F&F Beta was less random and I can sort of understand the frustration for those who feel like they should've had a shot in getting the Beta, but didn't. The Closed Beta, however, will be pretty much a lottery. Honestly, the best thing to do is just opt-in through your BNet account management and cross your fingers.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

That's just how Closed Betas work (outside the aforementioned F&F). Remember, they come in waves, so the invitees don't stop here.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 12/12/2013 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
The recent patch notes are an insult to this community to say the least.

All our ideas, pleas, suggestions logical feedback has been ignored and pushed off to the side again.

After all our efforts to implement change in a class from "ACTIVE" WD players...POOF!!!

I don't get it man, I may be very close behind Shawn on this one.

what's it tell you when you have pages and pages of responses form players about CE wings and what they do...what's the matter with you people?..is this what you spend your time thinking about?
I guess I'm not surprised coming from Gen Forums, but still!!!

Or setting up a special session to talk about Mephesto Leg or some crap, or what color it will be, or what light will shine in the sky from it.... instead of using that Podcast for something meaningful like discuss legs that effect the class we are running.

People am I missing something here?

You gave all those people for an open discussion, and we get that?...its beyond me.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/12/2013 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 02:06 PMPosted by REAPER666

All our ideas, pleas, suggestions logical feedback has been ignored and pushed off to the side again.

After all our efforts to implement change in a class from "ACTIVE" WD players...POOF!!!

what's it tell you when you have pages and pages of responses form players about CE wings and what they do...what's the matter with you people?..is this what you spend your time thinking about?

Or setting up a special session to talk about Mephesto Leg or some crap, or what color it will be, or what light will shine in the sky from it.... instead of using that Podcast for something meaningful like discuss legs that effect the class we are running.

You gave all those people for an open discussion, and we get that?...its beyond me.

i hear ya and i stand behind everything u just said. im still pretty upset that every forum but ours has a mvp thats my biggest gripe . as for the lack of communication and the lack of interest to let a well known repected forum wd try out the beta is also mind blowing. there is so many things that we would all liek to try first hand and i know thats not realistic, but if one of us got a beta that opens to the to get so many questions we have answered becuase we all frequent the forums everyday. diablo wd forums are basically my homepage on my phone and my computer.

anyway i still wont be quitting this is the only game i play right now i have consoles and other forums of entertainment but this game is the only thing that really keeps my occupied. i just wish it seemed like we didnt have to sit in the back seat while everyone else rides shotgun.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 02:06 PMPosted by REAPER666

This was also what pushed me to quit, the lack of WD support from the devs. I'm sorry for sounding so selfish in my regards to the 0 Dog build. The truth is Blizzard has neglected the WD class so much over the time since launch that it's very discouraging and frustrating.

Reaper I applaud all your efforts in trying to get your voice heard but I've seen so many others come and go who stood where you are standing now simply because Blizzard just ignores the WD class as a whole. The WD class has so much potential in various builds and the opportunity to explore them with the RoS xpac but all I'm seeing is quite the opposite. I may reconsider my decision if I start seeing more from Blizzard with the WD class but I'm not holding my breath anymore.
Reply Quote
The F&F Beta was less random and I can sort of understand the frustration for those who feel like they should've had a shot in getting the Beta, but didn't. The Closed Beta, however, will be pretty much a lottery. Honestly, the best thing to do is just opt-in through your BNet account management and cross your fingers.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

That's just how Closed Betas work (outside the aforementioned F&F). Remember, they come in waves, so the invitees don't stop here.

@Jaetch

Thank you so much for your support and posts it is very much appreciated : )
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 02:14 PMPosted by EvoIution
im still pretty upset that every forum but ours has a mvp thats my biggest gripe

AFAIK, only wizard and monk do atm.
Reply Quote
View profile
What does a forum MVP even do? Is it something anyone should actually be concerned with whatsoever?
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 02:32 PMPosted by silverfire
im still pretty upset that every forum but ours has a mvp thats my biggest gripe

AFAIK, only wizard and monk do atm.

barb has one to his name is planet i think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]