Diablo® III

heyguyslol Quitting D3

12/12/2013 05:46 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
More about PoE.

OK I'm a level 48 Templar (a fighter/magic user), I'm in Cruel (2nd Act), and I'm still learning.

Which ever character class you choose, determines where you start on a giant skill tree. So in theory, any class can use any skill. You get one skill point per level so it isn't practical to spend 10 skill points just moving around the skill tree to get another classes skill unless you think it is worth the points.

The other side of skills are the "skill gems". These will drop and be quest rewards. Skill gems must be socketed in gear to be used. In some cases skills on the skill tree can be obtained by gems and vice versa. I probably have 30 different skill gems, of which, 15 I actively use and the rest I am saving for other charcters or trade.

So the character you build will be the product of the skills you choose on the tree, the skill gems from quest rewards, and the skill gems that randomly drop.

You can also trade for the gems and all other gear. The game also has guilds and shared guild stash which is controlled by the guild officers. It cost about $10-$20 bucks to get 10 guild team slots and a few guild stash pages. And you can charge people to join the guild.

They have all these contests where they have short competition games, ladders, leagues etc. So you could play this game all day if you wanted to. The game is stable, free for the most part, more complex than D3, and the developers are constantly improving the game and are accessable.

What's not to like??

Everything you have said about PoE sounds good but tbh I think I will need a little time b4 I pick it up. Leaving D3 is like having a bad break up, your sad and happy at the same time but yet you don't want to jump right back into another relationship right away at least for me that is. GW2 I had already started playing a little over a month ago to take breaks from paragon grinding and for the most part the game is fun and like PoE its free. I'll probably pick up PoE in a week or so depending on how I'm feeling.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/12/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Gotcha
I was just looking at the main webpage. I will download the game onto my new Alienware 14 laptop which I got a short time ago for work (lol not gaming) just for the pure power and over the weekend with relatives I will download the game and at least look it over.

How do I get one of those thanksgiving hats I saw on on of the developers patch info vids. HaHa kidding. The game looks like it has progressed a ton since it first came out which was when I heard about it.

Can I work with you?? That's a nice "work" rig!
Reply Quote
i +1 this.

i myself wouldnt want the 0dog to die in ROS too.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/12/2013 06:03 PMPosted by heyguyslol
Everything you have said about PoE sounds good but tbh I think I will need a little time b4 I pick it up. Leaving D3 is like having a bad break up, your sad and happy at the same time but yet you don't want to jump right back into another relationship right away at least for me that is. GW2 I had already started playing a little over a month ago to take breaks from paragon grinding and for the most part the game is fun and like PoE its free. I'll probably pick up PoE in a week or so depending on how I'm feeling.

I know what you are talking about . I just can't quite bring myself to throw my gear up on the auction house. I worked a long time to get it together and I know you have worked on yours more than I have. But if and when the bug hits you, check out PoE. I really think it is fun and different and we could put a fun guild together over there. Good times ahead!
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 06:03 PMPosted by heyguyslol
I'll probably pick up PoE in a week or so depending on how I'm feeling.

It is a good game too, skill tree and theory crafting is neat
Reply Quote
View profile
You are invited too. Any WD and other classes too, that wants to play. I'm not so far along now, but we could all learn together.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 12/12/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just took my Diablo 3 poster down from my wall, I sold all my gold and made about $500, gonna keep my gear, but now I just need to hit the uninstall button.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 07:20 PMPosted by heyguyslol
I just took my Diablo 3 poster down from my wall, I sold all my gold and made about $500, gonna keep my gear, but now I just need to hit the uninstall button.

:(
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 07:10 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
You are invited too. Any WD and other classes too, that wants to play. I'm not so far along now, but we could all learn together.

sounds great Sky TY for the invite bud

I need to download the updates then try to remember my name on that game :P

Once I do Ill let you know

I'm pretty much leveled out here anyway, be nice to play something different again while I wait for ROS.
Reply Quote
View profile
I hope you change your mind but i understand im gonna try everything to get the build to work but no pur is a big one

The devs specifically said the WD passives that rely on PUR would be retooled, though, so they would still be as good as today. I don't know how they would do that, though, with GF as the whole reason they shrank the radius was so that you didn't accidentally pick a globe.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 07:20 PMPosted by heyguyslol
but now I just need to hit the uninstall button.

Dont Dooooooooooooooo IT!

xD
Reply Quote
You rage quit because your 0-dog build doesn't work anymore that's all.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Catmeat
You rage quit because your 0-dog build doesn't work anymore that's all.

So u have to come troll for what reason? Go away
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 08:11 PMPosted by GunnersDream
I hope you change your mind but i understand im gonna try everything to get the build to work but no pur is a big one

The devs specifically said the WD passives that rely on PUR would be retooled, though, so they would still be as good as today. I don't know how they would do that, though, with GF as the whole reason they shrank the radius was so that you didn't accidentally pick a globe.

The Devs talk a lot :P
Reply Quote
@heyguyslol, check back here once in a way. Things could change with updates and 0 dogs may be viable again.
Reply Quote
I feel your pain man. I came into this game playing the wizard class and eventually found myself loving the WD class. I played sorcerer in D1, Sorceress in D2, and Wizard in D3 so the complete removal of Citical Mass hurts and is one of the absolute stupidest things I have seen so far.

I have been feeling the same way as you for the last few weeks OP. I have been logging in and just going through the motions. I got a new mechanical keyboard(my first) a few nights ago and I really thought that might give me a little push, and it has, but I am still heart hurt over what's happening to RoS.

I have been playing a little PoE on days where I get fed up with D3. It is alright in that there are so many things to do and find. The passive skill tree is absolutely amazing and to me the best thing about the game. There is definitely an abundance of creativity going on at GGG and it's very obvious they are into the game and actually consider it more than a job. The graphics and combat are clunky though, but that is understandable coming from a small studio that doesnt have the resources of a multimillion dollar corporation.

I have played Diablo for a very long time. It is the only game I have truly ever loved, but the business of gaming is killing it I'm afraid. I will give RoS a shot because I can't just shrug off something I care so much about, but I have a very heavy heart about it right now.

Best of luck to you man.
Reply Quote
View profile
HGL maybe take a break and revisit later? There are many who will miss you, think about that for a minute.
Plus I think you are too "emotionally charged" atm to correctly understand the WD's situation. I mean the Devs are implementing suggestions from our threads, word for word, into the WD. They have demonstrated that they care about the class. If the WD has issues with the new mechanics in RoS, then we'll voice our concerns and the Devs will make the necessary changes, it's really that simple. Trust me, have faith. <3
Reply Quote
OMG...another good WD leaving.
When is my turn? I only hv 1hr per day to play on weekdays and 2-3hr over the weekend.
Long time never see Evo, Darkvoid and Reaper online too... : (

Heyguyslol, wish u all the best!
Reply Quote
Hey, I don't know if this helps you, but I just exchanged a few messages via Twitter with one of the developers. Here's what he said:

"I think Wyatt and John are working on something to bring back that gameplay or something similar. We read the post. I don't think it was intended to be taken away."

This was in response to my question, "There are many player concerns regarding legacy builds like 0-sec Zombie Dogs in RoS... Will there be something like that in RoS or will players be stuck with cooldown reduction (which will never bring something to 0 cooldown)?"

This is why I say players need to stop jumping to conclusions when beta's are just starting. They add and take away all the way up to release. To quit because of an initial report from FF Beta is ridiculous. Take a step back and wait to see what happens.

Games are for entertainment you shouldn't be getting this stressed out over it. See what unfolds after the months that come before RoS even gets released and if it does not turn out how you like then make a complaint. But for now you may just be wasting your fingers typing a long post that in 2 weeks will be irrelevant because you didn't give Blizz time to test things out and realize they may have eliminated a build.

The is a special plant in this world for a reason...chill man :P
Reply Quote
I would just use some legacy gear in ROS with rerolls. You already have the hard pieces to find (especially skull grasp).

If they nerf attack speed/PUR/zombie dog items, then just get some now that can be rerolled well. Check out my witch doctor. Several of these pieces will hold their own against even lvl 70 items because of the scaling stats (percentages, sockets).

If Blizzard intends to remove 0-dog, then they need to balance sacrifice accordingly. So, if you are one of the very few still pulling off 0-dog, then I think you will actually be in good shape even if using some legacy items.
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 12/13/2013 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]