Diablo® III

heyguyslol Quitting D3

Changes that have killed the 0 Dog build are:
1. Reduced items with attack speed
2. Reduced pickup radius on items (1-2 yards)
3. Removed pickup radius from Paragons
4. Increased radius spawn points from dogs of health globes up to 20+ yards
5. No cool down reduction on zombie dogs for items other than the Homunculus
6. X% cool down to all skills does not work

If none of the above are fixed in RoS, 0 Dog won't work. If I'm unable to play the build I enjoy in RoS why should I buy the product from Blizzard? This statement is aimed at those who simply don't understand my reasons for leaving. Blizzard has had plenty of time to comment or address these issues but yet they have chosen to ignore them as they always do. Sure if they do in fact fix them *before* RoS is released then I will consider coming back to the game but I will not give them my money unless they give me the product I want. I don't know why some of you don't understand that.
Reply Quote
if youre only good at one build, you were never really good and wont be missed.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Isolation

u people are pathetic really.
Reply Quote

Really? Beat it, troll.

heyguy, don't chuck your 0dog gear. Granted, Master 'Difficulty" is a cake walk, but just switching out +HGB to +PUR gear is working good for me so far. And today, I had a nice Leoric's Signet drop, giving me a +7 PUR bump to 20yards and +11k life.

I'm hopeful that even with our three pieces of legacy gear, our 0dogs will continue to be viable.
Reply Quote

I actually played just about all builds of the WD, it just so happens that my enjoyment primarily came from playing 0 Dog but I appreciate your support and comments :P
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/13/2013 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

I love it when clueless people run their mouths. His skills in game is irrelevant. If he doesn't enjoy playing the game anymore then he shouldn't. Why would anyone keep playing a game they don't enjoy?

Wouldn't be missed? Who are you again? Gtfo of here.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Wurger

Really? Beat it, troll.

heyguy, don't chuck your 0dog gear. Granted, Master 'Difficulty" is a cake walk, but just switching out +HGB to +PUR gear is working good for me so far. And today, I had a nice Leoric's Signet drop, giving me a +7 PUR bump to 20yards and +11k life.

I'm hopeful that even with our three pieces of legacy gear, our 0dogs will continue to be viable.

Yes it's true I could play lower lvls of RoS with my current gear but the ability to progress to end game with 0 Dog at the current state won't be possible. Being stuck at lower levels while all your friends are progressing through end game does not sound appealing to me at all.

I watched some of ptbrulz's stream tonight and because of the pur nerf he couldn't keep GF stacks up, this was playing with bears so this just proves my point further on that mechanic that it won't work. Getting heals from the health globes is not a huge issue with the build it's the ability to maintain GF stacks. Replacing GF with PtV does not help and is a nerf to the build on dmg and ehp. Blizzard would really need to do a whole lot of redesign to their current mechanics to make 0 Dog viable and since that goes against their objective as what was stated on blue post and blizzcon I know that won't happen.
Reply Quote
Istvan's Paired Blades (New)

2 pieces: [Every time you spend primary resource, you gain 10% increased attack speed for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.]

This would help with the attack speed if summoning a dog procs the bonus.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 08:29 PMPosted by heyguyslol

2 pieces: [Every time you spend primary resource, you gain 10% increased attack speed for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.]

maybe a resource dump? sac/sum dogs no longer cost mana :(
Edited by baggins#6187 on 12/13/2013 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 08:41 PMPosted by baggins

maybe a resource dump? sac/sum dogs no longer cost mana :(

what a bummer, this was looking like a nice fix for the lack of attack speed for the build.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 08:29 PMPosted by heyguyslol

Sounds like two weapons, one for each hand for the set bonus.
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 12:55 AMPosted by CoffeeBlack

Sounds like two weapons, one for each hand for the set bonus.

Yeah that could be, I really don't know much about the set just what I read on diablofans.com but as baggin's said it probably wouldn't work even if it were not weapons because dogs no longer use mana.
Reply Quote
tbh im also thinking of just making my wd a trophy after playing the ptr

so in ros atm we have to stack 3 legacy pur items and 3 legacy -z dog secs for build to work not gonna happen is it

mob density is back to a wasteland i had a total of 31%mf due to a topaz in helm dona a whole game clear found 3 crap legs two of which were from bosses so maybe only 1 legit leg

all mobs were lvl 60 which in turn drop lvl 60 loot which im wearing lvl 63 loot=all looked like junk

there so called loot 2.0 is just 100 more main stat and maybe 12% more dps to darts or whateva

very upset right now :(

edit to say im going game shopping tomorrow see what i can find
Edited by baggins#6187 on 12/14/2013 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 03:15 AMPosted by baggins
tbh im also thinking of just making my wd a trophy after playing the ptr

so in ros atm we have to stack 3 legacy pur items and 3 legacy -z dog secs for build to work not gonna happen is it

mob density is back to a wasteland i had a total of 31%mf due to a topaz in helm dona a whole game clear found 3 crap legs two of which were from bosses so maybe only 1 legit leg

all mobs were lvl 60 which in turn drop lvl 60 loot which im wearing lvl 63 loot=all looked like junk

there so called loot 2.0 is just 100 more main stat and maybe 12% more dps to darts or whateva

very upset right now :(

edit to say im going game shopping tomorrow see what i can find

Yeah I hear you man it's very hard to leave D3 when you love a build so much as we obviously do but if blizzard breaks it there's not much we can do. 0 Dog is not the only wd build getting the shaft but it's probably the most broken out of the three with bears and cob. There is still that slight chance blizzard may fix the build but as I said earlier I'm not holding my breath. I was willing to play it their way as far as self found but all the other game breakers just don't work for me.

You might wanna try out PoE like skywalkerfx suggested its free so if you don't like it you're not out of anything really.
Reply Quote
View profile
You wanna quit because a build is no longer viable, hey that's your deal, but lemme ask you this question. When you started playing did you know of a 0 dog build? No, you, I and everyone else had no idea what kinda builds there were but we experimented and found new ones, sure you found one of if not the coolest WD build possible and I'll give you that.

BUT do you not think RoS is gonna have some new builds that are as fun or possibly even more fun? ESPECIALLY with the new legendary items and all items in general that have lots of skill based affixes? I was playing a little bit of the PTR and I noticed lots of items have these skill enhancing stats quite similar to how D2 items were.

I also saw WD's can somehow now have 10 dogs up at once! I guarantee if you played RoS you would find something that triumphs your 0 dog build even though right now you don't think you will. Am I trying to change your mind? Not entirely simply cuz we don't know each other but I am just placing a suggestion which I'm sure many others have as well and that is to just try it out. You just might be surprised what you find. That is all I will say.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Sheldor
I would just use some legacy gear in ROS with rerolls. You already have the hard pieces to find (especially skull grasp).

If they nerf attack speed/PUR/zombie dog items, then just get some now that can be rerolled well. Check out my witch doctor. Several of these pieces will hold their own against even lvl 70 items because of the scaling stats (percentages, sockets).

If Blizzard intends to remove 0-dog, then they need to balance sacrifice accordingly. So, if you are one of the very few still pulling off 0-dog, then I think you will actually be in good shape even if using some legacy items.

Yours not even zombie dogs. You can't use homuculous if you use Thing of the deep.
Btw, wall of zombies is gone too, since Pile Up rune is shifted to zombie chargers, which is 0 cooldown by default and have huge mana cost instead.

Pile On replaced with Wrecking Crew - Pile On is now a Zombie Charger Rune. Now reads: The line of zombies now taunt enemies to attack them (previously: Summon a tower of zombies that falls over, dealing 550% weapon damage and knocks them back. Reduced cooldown to 10 seconds)

12/13/2013 03:32 PMPosted by heyguyslol
Changes that have killed the 0 Dog build are:
1. Reduced items with attack speed
2. Reduced pickup radius on items (1-2 yards)
3. Removed pickup radius from Paragons
4. Increased radius spawn points from dogs of health globes up to 20+ yards
5. No cool down reduction on zombie dogs for items other than the Homunculus
6. X% cool down to all skills does not work

7. Weapon attack speed also lowered, highest is still DH hand crossbow, and dagger can't seem to reach more than 1.5 speed now.
8. Soul Harvest - No longer costs Mana. Now gain 2% Intelligence per enemy (previously 130 Intelligence) Legacy gears become weaker, since new gears gain tons more intel.
9. More ground effects that damage through dogs' force armor. (Can't be help, but fortunately they're sacrificed)
Reply Quote
BUT do you not think RoS is gonna have some new builds that are as fun or possibly even more fun? ESPECIALLY with the new legendary items and all items in general that have lots of skill based affixes? I was playing a little bit of the PTR and I noticed lots of items have these skill enhancing stats quite similar to how D2 items were.

Might be true in a way, but did you somehow consider how you feel when you pour in so many attention and resources into entertainment AFTER you bought, to be suddenly 'replaced' by they seller, and they TELL you that the replacement is better?

It is like you bought a Hi-Fi, playing oldies with perfect tune, then the company, who hold your warranty as hostage, change the equalizers to play rock music and then tell you that Rock is nicer.
I more often than not, will ever patronize that company ever again.
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 06:53 AMPosted by HachiKumo
Might be true in a way, but did you somehow consider how you feel when you pour in so many attention and resources into entertainment AFTER you bought, to be suddenly 'replaced' by they seller, and they TELL you that the replacement is better?

It is like you bought a Hi-Fi, playing oldies with perfect tune, then the company, who hold your warranty as hostage, change the equalizers to play rock music and then tell you that Rock is nicer.

It's been a crazy ride for me too. I love all these synergistic builds where all the selected skills work so well together. First I put money in a tank DH build, then they nerfed every skill there so I couldn't play it anymore. That was back in patch 1.0.4. Then I got a WW barb. I figured they might not nerf the build Jay Wilson plays. After getting my barb to P100, I tried WD. I searched for builds and found 0 dogs to be interesting and I got the gear for it. Now I'm leveling my monk using Druin's Exploding Palm - Wave of Light build.

It looks like Blizzard is nerfing both Exploding Palm AND Wave of Light now. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on making all these work only to see the longevity of these items last only up to the next major patch. My brothers asked me if I wanted to buy the entire Company of Heroes 2 game that comes with extra maps, skins and the old Company of Heroes game. That cost 220 bucks in my local currency. I just realised that's the same price I paid for my WD's digital conquest sword!

I can't understand why they cannot focus on creating new content in new patches, instead they always focus on breaking the game mechanics.
Edited by CoffeeBlack#6454 on 12/14/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

It's been a crazy ride for me too. I love all these synergistic builds where all the selected skills work so well together. First I put money in a tank DH build, then they nerfed every skill there so I couldn't play it anymore. That was back in patch 1.0.4. Then I got a WW barb. I figured they might not nerf the build Jay Wilson plays. After getting my barb to P100, I tried WD. I searched for builds and found 0 dogs to be interesting and I got the gear for it. Now I'm leveling my monk using Druin's Exploding Palm - Wave of Light build.

It looks like Blizzard is nerfing both Exploding Palm AND Wave of Light now. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on making all these work only to see the longevity of these items last only up to the next major patch. My brothers asked me if I wanted to buy the entire Company of Heroes 2 game that comes with extra maps, skins and the old Company of Heroes game. That cost 220 bucks in my local currency. I just realised that's the same price I paid for my WD's digital conquest sword!

I can't understand why they cannot focus on creating new content in new patches, instead they always focus on breaking the game mechanics.

I played World of Warcraft for 3 years and in that time I saw Blizzard buff and nerf classes so drastically it was game breaking. In the beginning I didn't know that the company was like this. I figured ok they are making game changes to I guess improve the game but the problem is that they kept doing it about every 3-4 months.

One class would be gods like the WW-Barb and then the next patch would come and they would break the class completely and make another class a God mode class. This went on and on like this until I realized that it was never going to stop. So at that point I decided to quit playing WoW and not buy any more Blizzard games but shortly after I quit WoW they announced that they were making a D3 and I was stoked because I loved D1 and D2.

I figured that a Diablo game isn't like WoW so they probably won't be breaking the game so much but I was wrong, fortunately for me I was able to play 0 Dog with out any major changes that broke the class/build until now. With that said I guess I should be happy that I got the longevity of the build and my money's worth for the time it lasted. Even if they fix 0 Dog I'm still thinking of passing on buying RoS simply because imo Blizzard can not be trusted. One day they want the sky blue then the next day they decide they want it red. It seems to me like the whole dev team is Bipolar or some moody woman, lol.

Sure I want improvements to the game and new content from time to time but not at the cost of breaking the game. D3 RoS is going to be a completely different game than D3 Vanilla. In some ways it's good like the new content (act V), monsters, affixs, rifts, and bounty's but the bad is imo breaking classes/builds that people love to play and their whole forced self found play style.

Sure I was willing to experiment with some of the new legs with the 0 Dog build to change up my play style a bit, I'm totally game for that but to break the build completely thus keeping us from being able to play it is not exactly what I had in mind. Imo the only build I feel they should have removed from the game was the WW-Barb with Thrive of Chaos.

I don't know enough about the Archon Wizard to say it was OP or not and should be removed but imo even though I don't like the build I don't think they should have removed CM-Wizards, yes in a way it was OP because you could lock down enemies but at the cost of not being able to deal any real dmg. You had to be in a group with high dmg dealers for the build to shine. It was simply a utility class/build.

Someone was saying why not try new WD builds that before 0 Dog I was playing D3 so why stop now. The truth is while I was progressing through D3 playing the WD I actually took breaks because I never found the love of the play style enough to keep me playing like I did when I found 0 Dog. I played the WD as my main for the first 2-3 months after launch but I quit playing the class when I could not progress in Inferno mode at that point I re-rolled to a monk which could handle Inferno just fine.

Then Blizzard made a few fixes to the WD that allowed the WD to progress through Inferno so I came back to the build and played Zombie Bears. Playing ZB got old after about 2-3 months and I decided to give 0 Dog a try mainly because I *thought* that it was going to be a good spec for pvp, I had no plans on playing it much for pve but as I tested the build out I quickly fell in love with it and kept playing it as my main spec since Oct 2012.

I've been watching live streams of WD's and tbh 0 Dog is not imo the only build that is broken at the moment. Players playing zombie bears and cob can't efficiently clear content mainly because of the lack of life steal and the new problem with health globes with Gruesome Feast. The only viable build I've seen is the toads build. The WD pet build is viable at lower lvls of the game but when put up to Torment and higher lvls it just doesn't work its like D3 Vanilla pre patch 1.0.3.

It's funny how we all hated on Jay Wilson for screwing up D3 vanilla but now after thinking about it I think I have more hate for Josh Mosqueira not because of the breaking of 0 Dog but because of all the other idiotic design choices he has made mainly the subject of his forced self found play style which I'm totally against. Tbh I think D3 would have been a great game from the start *if* we would have had Loot 2.0 from the beginning while also keeping the GAH alive along with trading. I think the RMAH was a bad idea and should not have been implemented. I think if they would have made gold BoA from the beginning along with the GAH the game would have been very successful. It would have cut down on botters drastically, reduced item inflated prices, while preventing credit card warriors from owning the best gear in the game, and kept a health economy at the same time.

One thing I've also noticed with Blizzard is that they have no comprehension of the word middle ground, meaning they always teeter totter back and forth from one extreme to the other. Look at how they started with the closure of the AH, then they said oh wait that's not enough lets make enchanted items BoA, then they said wait thats still not enough lets make all Legendary's BoA, oh wait thats not enough lets make Gold BoA too, they just kept going on and on till they broke the trade economy of D3 which is *part* of what makes the game fun not just playing self found. They did the same thing with their new projected healing in the game by starting off with scaling back Life Steal, then they said no wait lets just remove Life Steal, and now they have reduced health globes.

I watched ptbrulz play Master for several hours at lvl 70 and my god it is so painful to watch him play because he dies so much and it's not because he is a bad player it's because he can't heal himself with life steal or health globes. Same thing happens to players running CoB. When I've watched live streams of player running Crusader, Barb, or Monk they never seem to die. I don't know much about the stat of Wiz and DH in those regards.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 12/14/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok I finally took the next step and uninstalled D3. Downloading PoE now, I gotta research the classes a bit before I start playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]