Diablo® III

heyguyslol Quitting D3

Question about PoE. When you die in softcore do you loose experience? I thought I heard someone on a live stream say that you do. If so about how much do you loose? I'm a bit concerned about this because ages ago I played EQ and they had a system that when you died you lost experience. At first I didn't think it was much of a problem but unfortunately players would do stupid things like run trains of mobs into you while you were farming and get you killed. I once died in EQ and lost about 3 days worth of experience grinding after that I quit the game, that is not fun imo. If the experience loss is small in PoE that might not be so bad but I don't want to loose hours or even days of work just because I make a mistake, not much different than playing hardcore tbh.
Reply Quote
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

You do not loose xp but you have to repeat content, so for example i died 3 times trying to kill the act 1 boss and I have to repeat the 3 levels to get to the boss room.
Edited by JonkZ#1210 on 12/16/2013 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just start by default in Hardcore, anyways all char will go to softcore when dead. Basically Starting out hardcore is the default for that browser game poe.... ;)

This topic is more appropriate for here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/
Edited by grimdigital#1546 on 12/17/2013 11:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 11:16 AMPosted by grimdigital
Just start by default in Hardcore, anyways all char will go to softcore when dead. Basically Starting out hardcore is the default for that browser game poe.... ;)

This topic is more appropriate for here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386232/

This thread is open to anything, even trolls so feel free to continue posting what ever.
Reply Quote
The first run through you don't lose experience when you die. You lose a small percentage in Cruel (2nd run through) and more in the last run through on your way to 70 level.

But really I haven't noticed it much in the 2nd run through. So I wouldn't consider it a big deal.

I'm level 52 and still going. No problems so far.
Reply Quote
I played poe beta for 2 years got to level 70 with a few chars it get's harder the more you die in higher levels your exp will drop.

Your going to poe because your sad your build isn't going to work well okay try a different build and get over it what did you do when your first started playing this game? Play poe they will release a patch that will then change your build and you will have to rebuild around that like diablo 3 does.

Get over it.
Edited by soupy#1937 on 12/17/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 05:23 PMPosted by soupy
Get over it.

Or people like you can get over the fact that players have the right to feel ripped off their money, time and effort about a game/class/build they're passionate about.

Would you honestly keep playing a game you no longer enjoy? If yes, then there's not much more I can say to you.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 05:23 PMPosted by soupy
Get over it.

I'm over it now, just uninstalled D3 a few days ago I don't think I can get much more over it than that.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 06:26 PMPosted by LordAmsa
Or people like you can get over the fact that players have the right to feel ripped off their money

Well, heysguyslol did say he made quite the hunk of change form D3V (well over $500, if I recall), I dont think he can really complain about getting ripped off for his money. Time and effort, maybe, but it surely cannot be about the money.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 07:55 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
Well, heysguyslol did say he made quite the hunk of change form D3V (well over $500, if I recall)

Nice.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 07:55 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
Or people like you can get over the fact that players have the right to feel ripped off their money

Well, heysguyslol did say he made quite the hunk of change form D3V (well over $500, if I recall), I dont think he can really complain about getting ripped off for his money. Time and effort, maybe, but it surely cannot be about the money.

All the money I made from RMAH sales pretty much went right back into my char but on occasion I would make some extra cash on the side and buy beer. However, players like me who have spent a lot of man hours and money on their char do feel a bit screwed over by blizzard. I've experienced this before with world of warcraft but I honestly didn't expect them to do the same thing with Diablo 3 because it's a totally different type of game. Based on what I know of the company they believe that making drastic changes helps increase or keep the player base, personally I don't know but I'm not happy with their direction of D3 so there for I will no longer continue to play it.
Reply Quote
Check out Dark Souls2 March 14

If you own ps3 check out Demon´s Souls while waiting or Dark souls (latter also for PC)

I´ll tell you man you´re in for a treat after D3.

I stayed with D3 cause I believed to a better tomorrow and I believed that the loot patch would cash in the full potential of this game..

An year ago we started talking about the loot patch but who had known that we need to wait around 1,5 years to get it and get complete redesing of the game instead an expansion with improvements.

Loot 2.0 patch is just an ultimate pay to win for RoS. Its a shame they milk cash from their players this way instead of making a game that´s actually worth buying.

Instead of fixing the many issues they started to change stuff that works. Instead of giving freedom, they dictate what fun is and how the game should be played (only one way.)

I predict that they rush RoS to shelfs and 5 or more major patches are needed to make it decent. Each patch will be a thin life line like the patches so far.

You´ll not be the last to quit and RoS sales will stay low. Like they say:

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

P.S Fu^^ blizzard

:)
Reply Quote
you do lose exp on softcore in merciless in PoE, penalty is 10%
its not really a problem until you're very high level.
if you're 90+, 1 death could mean a loss of exp equivalent to a day of high level mapping.
I like it though, makes it so you cant bot/zerg your way to lvl 100
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 01:32 PMPosted by grepman
its not really a problem until you're very high level.
if you're 90+, 1 death could mean a loss of exp equivalent to a day of high level mapping.
I like it though, makes it so you cant bot/zerg your way to lvl 100

Bah it's all about the gear finding anyway. You can't get knocked below the level you are at.

I don't think PoE is the answer to all our desires, but it does have some fun features and I'm enjoying myself.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 12/18/2013 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 04:20 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
You can't get knocked below the level you are at.

I guess that's ok then, so you are guaranteed to always be lvl 99 even if you happen to die a lot.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 04:45 PMPosted by heyguyslol
I guess that's ok then, so you are guaranteed to always be lvl 99 even if you happen to die a lot.

Hey that's one of my specialties! :)
Reply Quote
- ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_738_x1 - Removes the cooldown of Summon Zombie Dogs.

that is all
Reply Quote
Wow. This guy.

Quitting a game because your poor build got nerfed and you're too lazy to try anything else. LOL.

Blizz is fixing the game man making is so you WANT to play and try other build. More diversity = more fun. Same build over and over = BORING.
Edited by MAC#1613 on 1/22/2014 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2014 12:51 PMPosted by MAC
Wow. This guy.

Quitting a game because your poor build got nerfed and you're too lazy to try anything else. LOL.

Blizz is fixing the game man making is so you WANT to play and try other build. More diversity = more fun. Same build over and over = BORING.

Your statement that Blizz is "fixing the game" is pretty arguable, at least at the moment.

Nerfing a strong build does not equal adding more diversity to the game. That nerf just brings that build down to the level of other, lesser skill sets. Why can't Blizzard buff everything, so you can choose from a diverse buffet of tasty monster mashers? I, for one, have no interest in twinkle-toes kiting builds at all. And that seems to be the direction that the ROS development team is pushing the players of D3.

I have no personal experience with the ROS beta, but have seen more changes that I don't like thus far than changes that I do like. My experience in the PTR mirrors my observations of data coming from ROS Beta testers. Occasional cool tidbits and a lot of not cool changes. Hopefully, the gold version of ROS will be different.

I would love to see a diversity of WD builds that are as strong as and have the skill synergy that 0-dogs has. But I'm not holding my breath.
Edited by Wurger#1671 on 1/22/2014 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dear Lord almighty...the butthurt in this thread and forum nowadays.

You know, I remember a day when some people actually enjoyed the thought process and strategy involved in learning how to effectively play and build a Witch Doctor. That thought process and strategic element went down the toilet with 1.0.8. They've given you all what every other class has - brainless, mindless, damage-centric builds that require minimal thought with gear selection and combat positioning. Congrats. You can now stack every offensive stat possible and spend your hours mass farming white mobs for exploitative EXP and drops.

No one EVER wants to step out of their comfort zone and try something different. And while Zero-Dogs is a fun build, you're out of your mind if you don't see how that crap is flat out broken when scaling with RoS gear. It's the same reason they're removing the Critical Mass passive - Blizzard is trying to stomp cheesy exploitative BS from the game that will allow fast, mindless, overly efficient farming with little to no challenge. Move on, experiment, and find new s--t to try people. That's the whole point of new passives and new skills. So many people wetting themselves over an expo that hasn't even been released.

#endnerdrant
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 1/23/2014 11:33 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]