Diablo® III

0-dog in PTR

Has anyone made it into the PTR with their 0-dogs yet?

I got about two minutes on Master in the Cemetery of the Forsaken, and it seemed like my dogs weren't summoning as fast as they should. Didn't change any gear from how he is kitted up now.

Aside from that, the monster density was awesome...
Reply Quote
Just got in again for a few minutes.

When you sacrifice, the health globes shoot out away from the dogs. +PUR looks to be even more important for 0-dog, based on the current state of the PTR. I had 3 GF stacks, and a whole bunch of globes ringing where I was standing.

And strangely, I had two +PUR pieces in my stash that didn't transfer over when I copied my characters over to PTR.
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Wurger
Just got in again for a few minutes.

When you sacrifice, the health globes shoot out away from the dogs. +PUR looks to be even more important for 0-dog, based on the current state of the PTR. I had 3 GF stacks, and a whole bunch of globes ringing where I was standing.

And strangely, I had two +PUR pieces in my stash that didn't transfer over when I copied my characters over to PTR.

I'm not playing PTR but in the beta prior to today the health globes from re-summing or sac'ing dogs no longer spawn at the dogs location they now spawn randomly around the caster at a range of up to 20+ yards. They also removed pur from the Paragon system so we are forced again to stack pur on gear and remember that they have changed pur on gear down from 5-7 yards to 1-2 yards. Another game breaker for 0 Dog.
Reply Quote
Make a bug report!
Reply Quote
no u cant do the hold 1 for summoning and press 2 for sacriface anymore.

u have to click them simotineously. or put then on ur mouse wheel.

lol but yeaaa it still works... just dont know how to upgrade the dog peices since 0dog pieces are gone cept the homoculus
Reply Quote
i actually drop gf for ptv as it was a faceroll anyway but the build is a bit gimped right now

imo they should make a wd leg just for this build with extra pur but i doubt it

my first impression meh same junk with just bigger main stat

also kinda sucks killing an elites and only seeing 1 blue but i guess we need blues and whites for crafting
Edited by baggins#6187 on 12/13/2013 5:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's really irritating watching the new health globe's spawn at your feet only to see them get flung away from you by about 20+ yards.

I killed Beilal and had like 30 globes out of range by the time I killed him. What is the point of making Health globes spawn so far away?

I need a TOTD WD to help me pick up the globes... I make the globes but you have to pick them up for me.
Reply Quote
+PUR is the new +HGB. Swapped out +HGB gear for +PUR. Started with +13yd and 0-dog played a lot closer to how it plays in D3V.

Then a smart drop legendary ring gave me more, raising the total to +20yds. At that point, I was pretty much always at 5 stacks of GF. Didn't miss the +HGB (just remembering that Master difficulty isn't that difficult...).
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Wurger
(just remembering that Master difficulty isn't that difficult...).

It's like pistol whipping a blind kid.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Wurger
+PUR is the new +HGB. Swapped out +HGB gear for +PUR. Started with +13yd and 0-dog played a lot closer to how it plays in D3V.

Then a smart drop legendary ring gave me more, raising the total to +20yds. At that point, I was pretty much always at 5 stacks of GF. Didn't miss the +HGB (just remembering that Master difficulty isn't that difficult...).

How much of that PUR is due to legacy gear? Is it possible to get 20 yds with new drops?
Reply Quote
+6/+7 were legacy gear. +7 was a Leoric's Signet that dropped and was an upgrade to my legacy Zuni Pox. Drops are a lot better today than yesterday.

Played for about an hour and got several blue and yellow drops that had +PUR, but they were all +1 or +2.
Reply Quote
Is HGB going to be useful at all? I'd hate to buy a new pair of Zuni boots and Lacuni bracers.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 04:32 PMPosted by CoffeeBlack
Is HGB going to be useful at all? I'd hate to buy a new pair of Zuni boots and Lacuni bracers.

In D3V, using 0dog, I run 25k HGB and +7PUR.

In PTR, I'm currently running +4.8k HGB and +20 PUR.

I would say shoot for at least +12 PUR for your legacy gear when you convert to ROS, if you want to run 0-dog.

That may change, but is based on my PTR experience so far.

Also, that is based on Expert mode, which is kind of a puff ball. Torment may differ...hopefully.
Edited by Wurger#1671 on 12/13/2013 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 02:22 PMPosted by JonkZ
(just remembering that Master difficulty isn't that difficult...).

It's like pistol whipping a blind kid.

Word.

I got a Mighty Blow with Soul Harvest today. I laughed, then I cried.
Reply Quote
Oh that was the best before monster power you could get a mighty blow and a massacre of 32+ off those fallen ones on the bridge of Korissik with soul harvest.
Reply Quote
i just thought if current changes make it to d3v then my build is wrecked in ros and vanilla gg
Reply Quote
Istvan's Paired Blades (New)

2 pieces: [Every time you spend primary resource, you gain 10% increased attack speed for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.]

This would help with the attack speed if summoning a dog procs the bonus.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 09:24 AMPosted by JonkZ
It's really irritating watching the new health globe's spawn at your feet only to see them get flung away from you by about 20+ yards.

I killed Beilal and had like 30 globes out of range by the time I killed him. What is the point of making Health globes spawn so far away?

I need a TOTD WD to help me pick up the globes... I make the globes but you have to pick them up for me.

Unintended co-op. Lol. Btw, they still haven't fix the resource from globe picked up by other players.
Only the heal is 'shared', but hatred/discipline/mana will not restore even if you have bloody vengeance/injustice.
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 08:28 PMPosted by heyguyslol

2 pieces: [Every time you spend primary resource, you gain 10% increased attack speed for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.]

nope i think summoning and sacrifrice have their mana removed so it wouldnt work that great.

correct me if im wrong o.o
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 07:28 AMPosted by cheese

nope i think summoning and sacrifrice have their mana removed so it wouldnt work that great.

correct me if im wrong o.o

I think you are right, at least thats what baggins said. Also someone pointed out that this set might be a dual set of weapons so I don't think it would work either if thats the case. I didn't notice the set bonus or see that it was weapons when I read the bonus but it makes sense.

Been watching more of the beta and man Blizzard has totally broken this game. They expect us to farm for loot that centered around special legendary drops for various builds but yet we can't trade to test out the new builds, gg blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]