Diablo® III

The art of equiping followers

Without going too deeply so many people are going the wrong way with how to use and hence how to equip your followers.

Followers do very little damage compared to your character. You can get the most expensive best gear on offer and your follower will still not do very much damage compared to what you can do and even if you equip your follower for damage then they will die all the time. I could get my Scounrder to do 20,000 dps and stay alive most of the time but that is nothing compared to what I can do.

How can your follower aid you the most. By being alive to use their special abilities.

I mainly use the scoundrel. I have a Buriza and it freezes 14.6% of the time. He shoots three arrows. I want him to stay alive to freeze my opposition mainly elites.

Dexterity is near useless, the damage it will cause by increasing it is useless. What you want in your gear to equip the followers and in particular the scoundrel is

Vitality - lots of it, when its gone he's not helping
Life on hit. You want to keep him alive.
Life regeneration is good in small quantities to build up heath to max between battles.
All resistance - this can be expensive.
Look at Intelligence. 250 Intelligence is equivalent to 50 all resist for a follower.
-Nobody is looking for it for their Scoundrel so its cheap. (I am sure people throw away excellent items because they do not see the value in them)

Strength is fantastic. 250 strength is equivalent to 500 armour, again this is cheap because the costly items (scoundrel tokens) have lots of dexterity.

Armour is good. But strength in large amounts is easier to find.

Dexterity is good for dodging but you don't need to much. This will cost if on the token.

The Buriza I have on my scoundrel was the only expensive item. You can get great items that will keep him working and alive and helping you for between 10 - 100K if you keep your eye out

The token I have only cost me 10K (nobody wanted it but think about it, it has great attributes to keep the scoundrel alive).

The same goes for the other followers, change your focus on equipping and your followers will aid you without the need for an expensive build.

Hope this helps somebody.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]