Diablo® III

[Guide] Patch 2.0 TR - Lazy Solo XP/Itemfarm

Updated from my previous lazy-xp 1.08 guide: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10672467196#1

So once 2.0 hits, and before RoS is released, there will be a short period of time to farm some xp and get some 2.0 loot! I have redone my lazy-tr-build to farm Expert/Master with pretty standard optimized TR gear (ie - budget). This assumes they won't let us access Torment difficulty before RoS release.

Main 2.0 considerations:
Movement reduction of TR can be made up by a combination of Fleet Foot, Annihilation, and Zephyr
A build that does not require any specific 2.0 legendaries/gear to start

Goals:
Farm with only a mouse
Minimize keyboard/mouse button usage
Don't die or run out of spirit
Farm some XP/2.0 legendaries with little effort+gear (and hope to find a Cindercoat before RoS! = i.imgur.com/eFUSdvo.png )

Requirements:
Calculator weighing 10oz+ (Ti-8x+ recommended to lay atop spacebar)
Keyboard
Mouse with 4 buttons

Gearing:
4 piece Inna's - Only need 2+ spirit regen on helm, chest/pants/belt can have any roll (MF, dex, AR)
4 piece Crafted - Your best crafts - maybe save some mats to craft bracers/amulet with +fire skill damage
Hellfire - XP
SoJ - 10%+ Sweeping Wind + 2spirit SoJ
Boots - 12% MS (Zuni's Trail - Dex roll + AR/MF recommended!)
1.0 speed 2h weapon (Skorn with dex/vit roll recommended!)

As you'll notice there is basically ZERO sustain and your dps is probably higher than your ehp. Currently with budget gear Expert is very easy, Master will require some higher end TR gear.

Recommended Build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#TScYXk!Zdb!cbZccY (note annilation/zephr placeholders selected)

Main Skills:
7-Sided - Used for Elites.
Firestorm - Fire!!
Tailwind - movement
Annihilation (or whatever it gets renamed) - movement on kill
Zephyr - Heal / controlled speed boost
Exalted Soul - spirit^1
Guardian's Path - spirit^2

Optional/Recommended
Faith in the Light - Boost 7-sided, TR
Fire Ally - Flavor and damage
Fleet Footed - Speed

Setup
7-Sided - Left Mouse Button
Firestorm - Right Mouse Button
Tailwind - Spacebar
FitL/Ally/BoH - Mouse 4/5 (forward/back button)

Using all 3 movement speed can boost your listed 34% MS (24% items + 10% fleet) to 94% with zephyr and annihilation. Then add +25% tailwind on top of that.

Gameplay:
Killing an enemy to get a MS boost, then using zephyr to boost to the next pack & heal to full I find actually much 'funner' than on live right now.

http://i.imgur.com/J5eUKHM.png

Notes:
This is a level 60 build/guide for 2.0. Epiphany isn't unlocked nor are unity/momentum passives which will be needed for higher difficulties when extra MS isn't as important. Getting lower CDR for BoH will help Zephr spam, but is not required. While finding some level 60 2.0 gear before RoS would be fun, not really a huge point to collect a "BiS-2.0-lvl60" gear set. Just have fun!

Edit: The hoped for reduction of TR cost to a flat 10 spirit/sec regardless of attack speed to reduce the spirit requirements was actually a pipe dream. Looks like TR cost still does scale with IAS, so it could be a bug or we read too much into the new tooltip. (heck, I'm submitting a bug report anyways!) So still stuck with slow 2H until the TR legendary.
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 12/16/2013 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
FYI - Anyone can test this build on the PTR and give some feedback/recommendations. Tested Master with just my basic TR gear on PTR and plays very well.
Reply Quote
Similar build to what I am running on PTR:

0 Gen Loot Hunter TR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLgQ10bmlkg

Skills:

Tempest Rush: Tailwind
Dashing Strike: Quicksilver
Wave of Light: Empowered Wave
Mystic Ally: Air Ally
Breath of Heaven: Blazing Wrath
Mantra of Healing: Circular Breathing (if enough regen swap to Conviction: Annhilation)

*Adding Paragon Points to Resource Reduction helps with this!

Exalted Soul
Guardian's Path
Fleet Footed

Gear:

Warzechian Armguards (Increase MS on destruction of breakable object)
Two Handed Weapon
Spirit Regen Gear

How to Play:

Set to Normal Mode, Act III, Ghom Kill Quest - WP to Keeps 1 > door to Keeps 2 > Keeps 3 > Kill Ghom

TR through the map, sticking close to walls so you destroy objects. Even the desks that you cannot target count, however doors do not. You will be zipping through really fast. On any long spans DS through. Stop and Bell any Elites you encounter. Kill Ghom. Restart.

Seriously fast loot.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 12/15/2013 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep, the main keys to using low MP TR-builds now are Annihilation and Zephyr. Almost move too fast sometimes!
Reply Quote
Zephyr works on mystic ally too and it doesn't actually have to heal.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 12/15/2013 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
What planet is this that you are both civil to one another? What the heck has happened to this forum?

Edit: Spelling as usual.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 12/15/2013 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Jco someone needs an uber carry. Go to Freeville.
Reply Quote
I moved out of freeville since you were taking all my gear.
Reply Quote
View profile
i have some work to do categorizing RoS/PTR links in the sticky
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 04:23 PMPosted by jco310
What planet is this that you are both civil to one another? What the heck has happened to this forum?

Edit: Spelling as usual.
its ok i reported them both things should go back to normal very soon and thats trademark soon
Reply Quote
Reduction of TR cost to 10 spirit/sec regardless of attack speed, reduces the spirit requirements to just 2 passives.

Is this through a legendary item? TR ate me up at 4+ APS on PTR

Tailwind - movement
Annihilation (or whatever it gets renamed) - movement on kill
Zephyr - Heal / controlled speed boost

Anyone tested which, if any of our skills override 25% movespeed cap?

In addition to those 3, need test the movespeed DS rune, MOE Wind Through the Reeds, WOTHF Blazing Fists, and probably some other movespeed skill i'm forgetting.
Reply Quote
Played around a bit more on PTR to compare FitL vs Fire/Air Ally, and personally prefer FitL since usually the ally was just too far out of the main combat that I felt FitL was a more controllable cooldown... at least until Epiphany at 61. Air ally is good option for those stuck with a few more IAS pieces or prefer having a spirit potion to pop to guarantee mantra spam before 7-sided on elites.

@ Vox

Yep, the TR cost is definitely higher than the tooltop's displayed 10 spirit/sec with my 1.1 aps. -_- Mildly disappointed that it still scales with attack speed (or we just read too much into a tooltip text update or its a bug /crossesfingers), looks like TR will still be 2H primarily, or just require sufficient regen until the 0TR cost weapon is found.

Did some quick testing with a few more MS skills and they do all stack. I'd prefer annihilation over reeds, but also that also stacks.

i.imgur.com/vCT9gog.png = 24% items + 10% F.foot + 30% Zephyr + 30% Annihilation + 15% B.F + 20% WotFS = 129% ms
Reply Quote
@Davlok: I think you might be interested in this. Read the description with more up to date information than the video.

Maybe it's worth it to put together a MF set on live for the time between Loot 2 patch release and RoS release.

http://youtu.be/0rIXWDVNC30

And no, I'm not going to test the same without MF ;)
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 05:45 AMPosted by dominatus
@Davlok: I think you might be interested in this. Read the description with more up to date information than the video.

Maybe it's worth it to put together a MF set on live for the time between Loot 2 patch release and RoS release.

http://youtu.be/0rIXWDVNC30

And no, I'm not going to test the same without MF ;)

Ya, MF nerf was just clarified by Travis Day: MF will apply 100% of its benefit to Blue items, 30% to Yellow items, and 10% to Legendary and Set items.

So 300% = 30% officially. Who knows what Torment I to VI bonuses are now.

Personally, I expect them to nerf single boss ghom-type farms before release, so I'm preparing to aim for low effort / difficulty farming!
Reply Quote
Ya, MF nerf was just clarified by Travis Day: MF will apply 100% of its benefit to Blue items, 30% to Yellow items, and 10% to Legendary and Set items.

So 300% = 30% officially. Who knows what Torment I to VI bonuses are now.

It seems strange to include hidden things such as this. Changes like these should be made visible in the game.

I think the reason they're doing this hidden change is legacy gear. MF gear no longer drops in Loot 2 aside from the Nagelring from what I've seen. So if Nagelring dropped with 10% MF and would add the full effect to legs, then legacy gear could be considered op, even if MF no longer drops in the game.

Imo 30% MF to legs is still worth a lot of legs between pre-expansion and RoS even if that MF gear wouldn't really work on lvl70 even after rerolls.

Might even work on Torment at 300% MF, especially with the new Nagelring on yourself, and Nagelring and other legacy MF gear on Templar. Not so much legacy MF gear would actually be necessary. You'd need about ~154MF worth of legacy MF gear on yourself, on top of the legacy MF on Templar.

Anyway, I'm glad that MF no longer rolls on gear other than maybe a few legendary items.
Reply Quote
I highly doubt Nagel's 10% MF if it even makes it thru the next beta patch will not also be affected by the 10% effectiveness for legendaries.

But I agree that 300%MF/150%RF/30%LSF is still somewhat interesting in RoS land since it will be balanced around 0% MF with non-AH droprates vs today where we have 680% MF/RF/LF/SF max but terrible drop rates due to AH. Though swapping gear before killing blow would still be super-inefficient
Reply Quote
After playing around on PTR with Ess of Johan, I have come to the conclusion is the BiS amulet in RoS for any build! And I haven't even tried most of the others! With the standard TR build, the first mob thast touches your Firestorm pulls every mob within like 30 yards onto of him right into your path. Makes lazy farming even lazier. (Also procs off submission, but using annihilation for TR!)

So highly recommended, I'd even use a +INT/STR rolled one! ( http://i.imgur.com/49tH7vN.png )
Reply Quote
The new Cain's 3 bonus now also gives 100% MF. Might be a decent set in RoS.

2 Cain's, Grandeur, Nagel(100?), Topaz = up to 241% MF already.
Edited by dominatus#2534 on 12/20/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 04:47 PMPosted by dominatus
The new Cain's 3 bonus now also gives 100% MF. Might be a decent set in RoS.

2 Cain's, Grandeur, Nagel(100?), Topaz = up to 241% MF already.

Well nagel has been nerfed to 10% max at all levels so with the clarified MF direction (90% nerf to leg/set drop effect) they seem to be heading towards expect both Nagel's and Cain's MF to be removed or changed to GF.

Hopefully change Emeralds and Topaz in helm to something like -resource cost, +splash damage, +dodge, +resource regen, or something usefuler.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]