Diablo® III

[Guide] Patch 2.0 TR - Lazy Solo XP/Itemfarm

Updated the guide below to target some new goals and redo the spec after some PTR testing.

NEW(er) information to take into account for this build:
1) Torment difficulties will be unlocked for us for 2.0
2) Torment 1 difficulty drop rate isn't quite worth it. (definately not 250%... )
3) A new system where a legendary drop rate will increase as long as you keep playing (one will drop for you every 1.5 hours REF: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=15#293
4) Bonus XP per difficulty & Monster HP rebalanced per difficulty
5) Personal Anecdotal optimal difficulty of HARD selected for this build (HARD @ 2x Monster HP for 75% xp bonus vs T1 @ 18x hp for +300% xp bonus)
6) Main reason MP10 was better was Bonus item % which is removed in the Torment Scale
7) List of Torment only legendaries/sets probably won't be available to drop in 2.0 anyways. REF: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9582428450#1

So.,.. onto the build!

Main 2.0 considerations:
Movement reduction of Tailwind can be made up by a combination of Fleet Foot, Dashing Strike, and Zephyr
Focus on Hard difficulty due to the new "welfare legendary 1.5hr" system and kill/farm speed.
A build that does not require any specific 2.0 legendaries/gear to start

Goals:
Farm with only a mouse
Minimize keyboard/mouse button usage
Don't die or run out of spirit
Farm some XP/2.0 legendaries with little effort+gear

Gearing:
4 piece Inna's - Only need 2+ spirit regen on helm, chest/pants/belt can have any roll (MF, dex, AR)
4 piece Crafted - Your best crafts - maybe save some mats to craft bracers/amulet with +fire skill damage
Hellfire - XP
SoJ - 10%+ Sweeping Wind + 2spirit SoJ
Boots - 12% MS (Zuni's Trail - Dex roll + AR/MF recommended!)
1.0 speed 2h weapon (Skorn with dex/vit roll recommended!)

On Normal or Hard, any weapon will do, any higher and a Life Steal weapon even at the reduced .1 modifier @ 60 is recommended. Personally I do not see a point to go above Hard (75% bonus @ 2x HP) with the factors above taken into consideration.

Recommended Build
http://i.imgur.com/dG5XCUa.png

Main Skills:
Fulminating - used for coolness / elites
Firestorm - Fire!!
Tailwind - movement
Submission felt Annihilation MS wasn't quite worth it.
Zephyr - Heal / controlled speed boost
Exalted Soul - spirit^1
Guardian's Path - spirit^2
Fleet Footed - MS
Dashing Strike - MS

Setup
7-Sided - Left Mouse Button
Firestorm - Right Mouse Button
Tailwind - Spacebar
DS/Zephyr - Mouse 4/5 (forward/back button)

Gameplay:
Firestorm + Submission + TR everything in sight, Zephyr on cooldown, Dashing strike when moving diagonally (NE/NW/SE/SW) or thru walls/downlevels.Focused on A3 since the density was still acceptable and DS thru walls was fun.

After playing around some with the previous build, felt Annihilation's MS bonus wasn't all that good since it procced when you didn't really need it (after the 1st enemy dies and lots still around) and didn't really last long enough during downtime to be worth it compared to Submission. Also added Dashing Strike (QS preferred) since it is great to dash thru walls, up/down levels, and on lower difficulties is actually VERY good damage to smash into a pack of elites or one-shot a group of whites. http://i.imgur.com/TrhKKCZ.jpg = moving thru walls. Note the templar/pet position vs minimap! Keep in mind you need a clear path to the new location (no doors un-smashed).

Comments / arguments welcome!
Reply Quote
Just when I think I've purchased my last gear, then I see this! I haven't run TR in ages and now I have to go get an Inna chest, belt, and a monk SoJ too. The good news for me is that the 1350 DPS, 325 dex, 200% CD Skorn I found should work like a champ now (no LS).

Seriously though, thanks for testing and sharing. I'll be shopping tonight I guess.

Other options for holding down that space bar...those extra large chip clips or blue painters tape. I've used the latter on my mouse and just used the keyboard since I am too cheap to buy a proper gaming mouse.
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 2/4/2014 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Still not sold that dashing strike is worth being forced to use an SoJ (because of loss of air ally 2 regen/sec).

Also, I'm jelly of that amulet.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 2/3/2014 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 11:04 AMPosted by AZsnowstorm
I've used the latter on my mouse and just used the keyboard since I am too cheap to buy a proper gaming mouse.

I don't really see an absolute need to get a gaming mouse. I personally use the same mouse I buy for nearly every project workstation at work (Logitech Performance MX) and gotten used to the feel I also use one at home as my 'gaming' mouse. Plus it has a mouse wheel free-roll/ratchet toggle which I used to need for FPS games.

02/03/2014 11:48 AMPosted by BDF
Also, I'm jelly of that amulet.

Yep, it's my new precious! It's part of my MP5-8/T1-2 solo 'endless' 2h bells spec. Just get max spirit regen and spam 15-30 bells in a row until stuff dies! In RoS Inner Storm = best SW rune for any gen/spender builds hands down!

02/03/2014 11:48 AMPosted by BDF
Still not sold that dashing strike is worth being forced to use an SoJ (because of loss of air ally 2 regen/sec).

I agree, air ally is also a good option, especially for folks that don't like 7-sided and use a spender like bells on elites. I'd say get rid of Zephy for Air Ally instead. It's movement isn't that good with no CDR and it definitely helps mentally for those that are barely hovering above the min spirit regen to endless TR (and stop-starting does waste some extra spirit). But give DS a try focusing on using it as a damage skill first and movement second. After blowing up lines of enemies and softening up elite packs when 7-sided was down, felt that DS was a lot more 'fun'/interactive to the point it bumped out all the other +10% damage/fitl/spirit options :-D
Reply Quote
Also Davlok, if you're stuck with an IAS ring anyway (your hellfire), why not replace it with a Nat's ring and get a high dex nat's boots and get that tasty 2-set crit?

Only reason I don't do it is because I love being under 1 aps with my mace.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 2/4/2014 6:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2014 06:20 AMPosted by BDF
Also Davlok, if you're stuck with an IAS ring anyway (your hellfire), why not replace it with a Nat's ring and get a high dex nat's boots and get that tasty 2-set crit?

Only reason I don't do it is because I love being under 1 aps with my mace.

Hellfire's 35% bonus xp is a significant enough to warrant keeping. Currently playing on MP10 with 1000+ bonus xp it probably isn't but in 2.0 on Hard, bonus xp % makes up a much greater relative benefit.

2.0 Hard Total Recommended XP Bonus:
75% - difficulty
35% - Hellfire
31% - Ruby
13% - follower (HF+Leo)
154% total bonus - vs 379% for T1

Not to say Torment 1 is difficulty to farm very fast with certain builds/gears, but this guide is about lazy 1-handed farming :-D
Reply Quote
Check out these crafted shoulders on PTR:

http://i.imgur.com/ertu2f5.png

=D
Reply Quote
02/08/2014 01:15 PMPosted by BDF
Check out these crafted shoulders on PTR:

http://i.imgur.com/ertu2f5.png

=D

Nice, Shoulders @ 60 can roll 6% CDR, ~15% AD, and 15% skill damage (like sweeping). I tried crafting vitality shoulders to see if it would 'smart-craft' dex as well,. but no dice!
Reply Quote
02/09/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Davlok
Nice, Shoulders @ 60 can roll 6% CDR, ~15% AD, and 15% skill damage (like sweeping). I tried crafting vitality shoulders to see if it would 'smart-craft' dex as well,. but no dice!

It probably can roll, but it will never roll as high as a legendary item.
Reply Quote
I finally got my 4 piece Inna together and had a blast with the build. It was killing so quickly I decided to up the ante...

FYI, TR in Torment 1 is fun and easy. I basically used the gear you see in my profile now except a different Inna helm. However, the other helm has no SR either; I am on the prowl for a deal there.

Skills were tweaked for extra SR and toughness (OWE in place of FF). Result is slower than the lazy build, but still quite effective (and lazy). I cleared act 2 with no deaths and good speed in my first round of testing.

I know that T2 is possible with better gear, but a faster T1 farm is my goal. A good SR Inna helm is critical for an optimized build, so I'll post my build and other details once I get one.
Reply Quote
I don't think I would venture higher than T1, and that's with my 304k dps (self buffed)@0.97aps with %15 holy dmg and running soothing breeze.

If you think you can go higher than that I'd like to see your gear because right now I can barely one-shot mobs in keep depths and I have to run in a circle to hit skeletons that carry a shield to kill them.

I don't like backtracking.
Reply Quote
I said it was easy, but I didn't say I don't have to backtrack. I am also using Soothing Breeze. I was just surprised how viable it was to run a TR centric build from a survival standpoint. In that respect, I think T2 is possible, but not necessarily efficient.

Also, I haven't run keeps yet (only act 2 as I mentioned), but I will be running them tonight. If I have a chance at an uniterrupted run, I'll time a 3 level full clear. My TR gear and skills are far from GG. In fact, I hadn't played TR in almost a year and just picked up a few items to bolt onto my DW setup as a 55m afterthought. I won't set any speed records, but I think it will help others decide whether or not they want to give a Torment capable TR build a try.
Reply Quote
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gah3rjwtbqo

Took a vid of my kill-rate in torment 1. Pretty representative of one my runs from keeps 1-->3 about 10 minutes, skipped one or two elite packs, and not the best full clear of keeps lvl 1....but there are alot of whites that take 2 sometimes 3 passes to kill which just makes my skin crawl.

If it weren't for the torment only items I would drop down to expert or even hard.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 2/10/2014 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 04:28 PMPosted by BDF
If it weren't for the torment only items I would drop down to expert or even hard.

The question is, will certain legendaries also require RoS and not 2.0? The list they provided was for Torment only and it isn't clear is 2.0 will also allow access to all the new 'loot content' even if we were given access to Torment.

Of course, trying to farm a legendary potion (not sure how they would scale per level) or follower trinket would be a nice start (follower can't die / follow has access to all skills)
Reply Quote
02/10/2014 04:28 PMPosted by BDF

This was my only reason as well.

So I took my pure vanilla gear (still no SR helm) and mediocre TR skills through the keep and finished my first and only attempt last night in 15m 20s, killing every monster including all elites. My gear and paragon levels got screwed up in the latest copy and left me down over 11k base DPS, so that didn't help. I don't know if it was a bug or a nerf, but my crafted gloves and bracers now have significantly lowered stats on the PTR vs. live.

With my correct gear and levels and some practice I could knock my time down quite a bit. Socketing a marquis in my Skorn and borrowing the rare ring off my WD would get me around 280k DPS with the FitL buff. I haven't died yet, so I am also going to borrow my DH's boots and bracers and drop OWE for FF.

I will try more timed runs after I get a new, clean copy, but I think 11 to 14 minutes for a full clear is a reasonable expectation depending on gear quality. I am hoping to come in on the low end of that. :-p
Reply Quote
As much as I would hate to do it, I will probably start getting attack speed on more pieces of gear as I increase my skill cost reduction or passive regen.

I just feel so dirty like I'm artificially increasing my dps.
Reply Quote
Sweeping Wind

Increased base skill damage to 30%

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891942/new-patch-for-201-ptr-and-closed-beta-now-available-2-12-2014#PTRMonk

Yay lazy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]