Diablo® III

ptr notes

ok so i downloaded the ptr and im currently playing.

so here is my findings so far in the little time i have played.

i set the diffucluty to the max which is master(you cant select anything higher til your a lvl 70)
and its just not high enough a difficulty to check anything. ive looked to see if there is a slider like make it master 5 or something but i dont see it anywhere. my pestilence is killing everything on screen in a matter of seconds. my health hasnt gone below half even standing in multiple tree posion pods.

i did find a pair of rare shoulders that i cant equip but they rolled +12% to fetish damage so itl ooks like rares can roll certain skill pump ups.. i found rare pants with firebomb buff and a chest withlocust buff as well.

tbh im not sure you can really even learn to much at this point i just walk through everything.

my chicken and mck knife are equipped but it doesnt have a posion cloud around me anymore even though the set says it does. but he posion still procs and breaks things u just cant see it.

idk all in all its just like playing on mp5 right now elites take a seconds or 2 to kill. i went to halls 3 andfound a pack of beserkers i let 3 hit me at once with th big hammerdrop it took my hp down to half.

the paragon points is cool. in core has int/health and max mana and movespeed.

move speed is still capped at 25 i confirm this atleast for the ptr.

deffence has life%/armor/all resist

utility has gold find/loh/- resource cost/

offene has ais/cc/cd/dooldown reduction

there is 1 more for utility and deffence but i dont remweber what and im not in game anymore and im in a long que again.

thats all my finding for now. to say the least im underwelmed imo u really still need beta access to be able to run test and see ur finding.

u cant use any of the new skills or passives they are all 61+ u cant try adventure mode or act 5 both are for the beta.
Reply Quote
yeah its loot 2.01 PTR is guess pal.

The public wont be able to do real tests...sigh
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 06:07 PMPosted by REAPER666
yeah its loot 2.01 PTR is guess pal.

The public wont be able to do real tests...sigh

yea there is some cool things in there but its basically just playing vanilla right now on a lower mp with smart drops.

u need beta access for the mystic new skills and to try torment out. and adventure mode.
Reply Quote
lol believe it or not im still downloading its taking forever for some reason ;/
Reply Quote
I played all the PTR's but I may sit this one out. Doesn't seem very constructive.
Reply Quote
i think this ptr is just patch 2.0(1) and not really ROS beta.

i read complains in chat that items higher than 60 drops and you cannot equip them because you cannot gain levels. lol
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Dezzo

i read complains in chat that items higher than 60 drops and you cannot equip them because you cannot gain levels. lol

yea that is happeneing i can confrim that.
Reply Quote
I haven't been able to play much, but every item that dropped for me was level 61 and couldn't be equipped.
Reply Quote
lol isnt that the reason for the PTR 2.01 so you can use the gear that drops? O.o

did I miss that conference call? :P

I think ill wait guys, this actually might frustrate me more then I already am , I need to calm down
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/12/2013 8:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 07:23 PMPosted by EvoIution

yea that is happeneing i can confrim that.

oh..well.... it's beta...things happen...
Reply Quote
I got drops lower than 61, but its stupid that you cant do anything at all other than notice a few tweaks like cursed chests, some visual effects, and making the game ridiculoiusly easy......

Cant craft either cause no normal items are dropping.....

I did find a really nice BK ring tho :D
Reply Quote
just a question i downloaded PTR 2.01 and i cant see my chars. Is it normal? i need to start new chars in order to play PTR? because last time i participated PTR i could choose from all of my chars..
Reply Quote
you have to copy them over…which happens to be hidden behind the "upgrade now" banner. try restarting, joining a game and backing out, or creating/deleting toons…eventually that banner will go away
Reply Quote
thanx.. stupid me.. i just launched PTR at like 30% and didnt see server selection.. i got it now :)
Reply Quote
  • Zero cooldown wall of zombies - it is fun but the damage is kind of meh, the DoT does stack to those who wonder. Maybe better with the new DoT set :). My dps was only around 130k with the legacy items.

• Thorns - damage is scaled by 25% of your primary (intel). I was doing around 140k damage per attack with my set (20k thorns), haven't tested yet if it works on ranged attacks. It is nice added damage but not op without the aoe set

• 10 Zombie dogs - omg this is cool, lots of fun. Circle of Life will let you get to 5 dogs, Boogie Man will let you get to 10 dogs, you can even swap Boogie Man out for something else once you have 10 dogs and just keep circle of life. If you die you are out of luck but could be great for hardcore. Maybe a bug...

• Fetishes - confirmed 130% damage but sadly they still die too easily. Vampire Bats with Pierce the Vail will probably be the best setup for Fetishes, stack as much attack speed as you want.
  • Reply Quote
    There are no numbers on the skills, so its hard to tell if the big buffs to some skills like Acid Rain are in effect....BUT

Poison Dart: Splinters now will only hit one splinter per target, the other two splinters hit nearby targets, and if there is only one target, the other two pass harmlessly thru the target.
    Reply Quote
    Sounding a little bit buggy, but thanks for the additional information guys.
    Reply Quote
    12/13/2013 01:19 AMPosted by Odif
    There are no numbers on the skills, so its hard to tell if the big buffs to some skills like Acid Rain are in effect....BUT

When you get into the PTR all of your settings are reset. So you have to go to into Options and turn on Advanced Tool Tips. You have to do that for Elective Mode also. I haven't been in this PTR yet but in past PTR's that is what you had to do.
    Reply Quote
    12/13/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Wachati
    Fetishes - confirmed 130% damage but sadly they still die too easily. Vampire Bats with Pierce the Vail will probably be the best setup for Fetishes, stack as much attack speed as you want.

Did you try Fierce Loyalty with the Fetishes?
    I am wondering if this would keep them alive long enough.
    Reply Quote
    hotfixes are out for the ptr. things like lvl 61 items dropping were fixed.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]