Diablo® III

ptr notes

12/13/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Odif
Fetishes - confirmed 130% damage but sadly they still die too easily. Vampire Bats with Pierce the Vail will probably be the best setup for Fetishes, stack as much attack speed as you want.

Did you try Fierce Loyalty with the Fetishes?
I am wondering if this would keep them alive long enough.

I don't think they benefit from FL, don't think they ever did. It's the same as live, they die to hard hits and ground effects.
Reply Quote
things i also saw or read.

health potions auto pickup when u run over them. and the potions now restore 60% of ur health instead of a fixed number which actually makes hps a little more useful now.
Reply Quote
I don't think they benefit from FL, don't think they ever did. It's the same as live, they die to hard hits and ground effects.

Too bad :(.
Tooltip on Fierce Loyalty suggests it would work on Fetishes, but I guess it does not.
Perhaps they need the same kind of max hit cap that dogs and gar have.
Reply Quote
Monster density all gone ...
What is this, like patch 1.04?
Reply Quote
^ there's a hotfix for act1 monster density on the way.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10895929629#1
Reply Quote
Well I tried again, and it was about 2.5 times the density, but still less than MP10...
Reply Quote
issue with this ptr is we cant test how density affects game play in higher monster levels (61-70) since that'll only be accessible thru RoS. task is to keep, say, d3 vanilla players happy @lvl60 master vs balanced game play @lvl70 master for those with RoS.

right now they're trying to please both crowds at the same time in campaign mode which could prove troublesome.

edit:

imho they should just put torment on vanilla with scaling mp & density and stop treating it like a starter edition.
Edited by juju#6769 on 12/13/2013 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
well live our gear is lvl 63 not 60 so everything in the ptr will look like junk and in reality it is
Reply Quote
the more i read about the new patch and RoS, the more i feel sorry for blizzard's pathetic developers team :(
Reply Quote
12/14/2013 03:48 AMPosted by hANNO
the more i read about the new patch and RoS, the more i feel sorry for blizzard's pathetic developers team :(

They are breaking the game mechanics again. Nerfing many of the skills in the different classes I use. They don't understand many players spend money to get each build done right only to be rendered useless in a major patch. I don't see how they can entice ex-players to come back because of RoS when none of them with their old gear can farm efficiently for level 70 items.

To me they should concentrate on coming up with a lot more content and all these wonderful level 70 items should be level 60 with similar primary stats like a conquest sword or pair of set boots.
Reply Quote
Got Cindercoat:
Fire skills deal 17% more damage
Reduces the resource cost of fire skills by 30%!!!

Running PtV, Cloud of Bats, and Searing Locust. What zuni set? Lol.

Didn't roll a main stat or sockets, but a mystic could fix that easily.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 12/14/2013 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
. I was messing around in the ptr and I was usuing acid cloud/corpse bomb rune. Does 500%+ damage and the ring it created is pretty big and ur able to place it anywhere in view. It also isn't a channel so u can move around. I was usuing this and cob and tbh I really like the rune. With my gear copied over I was doing 1-4mil crits usuing ac/cb rune and it was very effective. With a skills like this high ais and high mana regen might be a cool way to go. I was usuing my typical bats build when doing this and was fine on mana.
Reply Quote
You can definitely sac the dogs from Circle of Life and Boogie Man so not only 'summoned one'. PtP with 10 dogs will give a 50% damage buff :). 10 dogs and next to keen will let you sac for a while..
Reply Quote
Sacrifice only works on summoned dogs, so CoL dogs don't blow up anymore.
Reply Quote
No, i just tried it and they blow up just fine.
Reply Quote
Chasing globes for GF is annoying as hell.
Reply Quote
Huh.........

That's good news then.

With only CoL, etc., they can be sacrificed for pride like before then...
Edited by MCP#1477 on 12/15/2013 8:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
very nice having no cooldown on ur skills when u change them out in the battlefield. this is a cool addition. plus not having to lose"stacks" u can change out skills at any time.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/15/2013 07:52 PMPosted by MCP
With only CoL, etc., they can be sacrificed for pride like before then...

Indeed that is how it works. Using FtM is a nice plus to this as it makes for a lot of healing. If only the designed a legendary that reduced the number of dogs sacrificed to one at a time. Unlimited 16k healthglobes!
Reply Quote

Even the shadow clones that diablo summons use ROS skills

LOL!

I'll try out CoL and Provoke the Pack for farming :D :D :D :D

As if my locust needed to do more damage lol.

edit:
Locust might kill some enemies before it can spread...
It already does it now if it crits certain lower HP enemies.

Yes, I'm doing too much damage for Master.
Edited by MCP#1477 on 12/16/2013 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]