Diablo® III

Paragon 4 still not a single set or legendary

90 Tauren Druid
Now I'm aware of the randomness built into diablo 3 item drop mechanics, but is anyone else having my sort of luck??
I have been farming act 1 for a while now making sure I have 5 stacks of neph valor, but nothing but rares drop! It's even worse when you take down the butcher and you only get blues.
Any advice? Am I farming the wrong areas? Or just need to suck it up and keep farming?
Just seems as though surely by now something should have dropped if they don't expect people to solely gear off the AH.
Reply Quote
Paragon 6 here and I just got my first legendary drop from killing zoltun kulle, playing inferno MP3
Reply Quote
i got my first legendary 200 hours into the game, but now as a para 63 i get legs 1-2 per run, if you do crypt runs, you should get 4-6 legs per run, that was how many i got, and thats how i got my first double drop
Reply Quote
With 190% magic find (mp1) i've found 5 legendaries in 18 paragon levels.
With 310% magic find (mp6) i've found 24 legendaries in 18 paragon levels.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hmm well at least I know I'm not alone in this. Still does not solve my gear issues. But I know one way to solve it now, keep leveling paragon
Reply Quote
Legendary items don't drop much very early in the game unfortunately. What you need to do is boost your magic find.
One way would be magic find gear, but that would mean sacrificing good stats that could increase other useful areas to play a more challenging and rewarding game.
I would recommend to focus onto your paragon level, get as many as you can, increase your dps and ehp, play a MP where you can farm exp efficiently, play with a group to gain even more exp.
Once you reach plvl 40 you will notice legs items dropping more frequently then before, once you hit p60-70 leg drops will increase even more and so on.
Keep in mind that probably the biggest influence overall here its the MP your playing since it influence all areas you need to progress at a faster pace, and in your case, getting legendary items.
Reply Quote
Once I hit paragon 40, i noticed my legendaries dropping quite a bit more. Remember: Mp 1 and quick killing is the fastest way to legendaries...unless you're able to kill at a comparable rate at higher MPs. At Mps lower than 7 you're much more likely to find legendaries from elite packs rather than white mobs. Higher Mps (especially time efficientcy wise) you're better off getting 5 stacks and killing white mobs- (again, if you're quick at it). It's also a good way to level.
Reply Quote
I'm at paragon level 19 and I just found my first set item, and of course it wasn't even for my class. I've found probably 10 or so legendary items and like my first set item my first legendary wasn't for my class either. In fact most of the legendary items I have found have been of no use. They're either too weak or not for my class.

I really hope loot 2.0 is vastly improved because it's absolutely absurd to make legendary and set items so rare when you can't even use them when you do find them.

I had to resort to purchasing a few items in the gold AH, which I REALLY didn't want to do. But I was doing farming run after farming run with no luck whatsoever. I'd have my entire inventory and stash full of rares and they'd all be completely useless. That's absurd and evidence of a poorly designed item system. I gather their way of admitting that is the new system coming out, we'll see.

Btw, my MF with a full five stacks is now over 200 and I found one set and two legendaries today, so it is getting better. Though the rares that I find are still mostly useless, something needs to be done about those...they're hardly worth picking up at this point.
Reply Quote
All of the legendary items I've ever found were garbage.
Reply Quote
Just play Mp 5 and you will find a legendary everyday. I found 2 sets and 1 legendary just today in about 1-2 hours.
Reply Quote
I find 1 to 3 every 1-5 runs I do. Almost always a crap item. One time, I killed the Act 1 Keywarden and got a key and 2 legendary items (neck and a ring). Arrrr, the turds be polished today. Too bad they be worthless and not need be wasting me space in my treasure chest.
Reply Quote
Dont fret ..i thought I had a curse on my character until i cranked up my MF to 400 plus ( arm you Templar to the max with MF items ) I started getting good drops around paragon 20 ..and it will increase as you go up ..some are a bit luckier than others ..but they do eventually come ...my MF is lower now but still get drops in the range of three per day and if im in a party ..bout three per run sometimes less sometimes more .
Reply Quote
what they blizzard needs to do is add a chance that an item can scale to your paragon level and potentially roll stats + 1 for every paragon level you have earned. even a small 10% or lower even but still have that potential there for a better item. sick of not finding anything worth a damn.
Reply Quote
Farming fields of misery with a 5 stack, MP4, inferno difficulty, 200+ mf, looking for decrepit crypt and killed a mob and got a legendary wizard hat... a level 58 wiz hat :(
Edited by briarben#1697 on 1/26/2014 11:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am at paragon 16 and I have only gotten 8 legendary items the entire time I have been playing. Most all of them have been crap. I always farm the lower modes on MP10 but the higher modes I can't live long enough to warrant the armor repair. I just loose to much gold. However I know the guys I play with are lover paragon and have lower gold find/Magic item chance and they still get more legendary items than I do. I am really starting to think this is a mans game and if your a woman your gonna get screwed in magic items... (The only other female I play with feels the exact same way I do so I know I am not alone in thinking that blizzard screws the battle.net accounts of female players.)
Reply Quote
plvl89 and got 8 legendaries wheeping hollow+ field of misery run today (mp10), was lucky i quess but usually atleast 3-4. tried on my monk (plvl 29) didnt get any mp5. so yeah levels matters alot i quess
Reply Quote
I did not notice an increase in Leg/set drops until after P50.
Even then mostly brimstones.

Did find my lacunis, Witching hour and Innas after P70. Farmed Field of Misery due to pack density and got them.
Reply Quote
My self if i look legends i play on mf5-7 and the helper can give max 30%★★★legends★★★ 1h 1-5 usually or non
Reply Quote
Be careful what you wish for. Most legendaries have 0 chance of being good. You don't want your first to be a Nailbiter. The others often will roll without your primary stat or just roll poorly.
Reply Quote
I've got my first Legendary yesterday ... Slave Bonds bracers a level 33 drop.

From what I have read here, I got it very early, because I'm just level 44 playing act 2 in Nightmare (MP 0).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]