Diablo® III

WTB a SUMMONER build in ROS...

34 Tauren Paladin
WTB a legit, viable, summoner build in ROS... As of now our little weak dogs die in seconds to that new poison AOE from elites.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10490419716
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Paladin
12/15/2013 01:23 AMPosted by Chuck
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10490419716

This is not a summoner build ^
Reply Quote
well, you can get 10 dogs, 1 garg, and a fetish army out at once… but they dont do crap for damage in my opinion
Reply Quote
maybe they can change the fetish army rune head hunter to summon 6 fetish hunter. no melee fetish, that way we can have a range pet. imo its very nice, we got dogs and gargantuan at the front line and the fetish hunter at the back doing damage.

maybe they can also add a buff to pets, when you have the dogs, gargantuan and fetish army all summon and alive they(the pets) got the buff. the buff ONLY buff the pets and not the wd.
maybe the buff adds +10%damage +10%attack speed and +50%defense??
the buff is to make the pets stronger because the pet build use so many skill and passive slot. not much slot left for the wd.

pets works on low level but higher level i dont know they just die to whatever?

what do you guys think about this?? like to know how other people feel about the wd pets build.
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Paladin
12/16/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Sinner
maybe they can change the fetish army rune head hunter to summon 6 fetish hunter. no melee fetish, that way we can have a range pet. imo its very nice, we got dogs and gargantuan at the front line and the fetish hunter at the back doing damage.

maybe they can also add a buff to pets, when you have the dogs, gargantuan and fetish army all summon and alive they(the pets) got the buff. the buff ONLY buff the pets and not the wd.
maybe the buff adds +10%damage +10%attack speed and +50%defense??
the buff is to make the pets stronger because the pet build use so many skill and passive slot. not much slot left for the wd.

pets works on low level but higher level i dont know they just die to whatever?

what do you guys think about this?? like to know how other people feel about the wd pets build.

I think its a good start for sure...
Reply Quote
This has been my beef with WD, we don't have viable summoning builds for even Master Level

You can forget Torment levels on this build if things are not changed.

It appears Bears are king again...I will posting my rant about skills soon on my other thread

Unacceptable the way the skills are set up atm.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/16/2013 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Paladin
12/16/2013 09:52 AMPosted by REAPER666
This has been my beef with WD, we don't have viable summoning builds for even Master Level

You can forget Torment levels on this build if things are not changed.

It appears Bears are king again...I will posting my rant about skills soon on my other thread

Unacceptable the way the skills are set up atm.

+1
Reply Quote
Please explain how you end up with 10 dogs.
Reply Quote
Okay, so for 10 dogs you need to have on Summon Dogs, Zombie handler (not sure this is essential), and the last BBV rune (I think it is called Boogie Man).

What you do is get your initial 4 dogs out and then find a large mob (if one exists in Master :P ) and then drop BBV. You should spawn the other 6 dogs then.
Reply Quote
Does it bother anyone else that Dh companions are better than wd pets? I think ontop of a damage increase to pets, they should offer a buff to the witch doctor, like the Dh companion.
Edited by Weeks#1120 on 12/16/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 12:16 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
Okay, so for 10 dogs you need to have on Summon Dogs, Zombie handler (not sure this is essential), and the last BBV rune (I think it is called Boogie Man).

What you do is get your initial 4 dogs out and then find a large mob (if one exists in Master :P ) and then drop BBV. You should spawn the other 6 dogs then.

Thanks so much :) Gonna use this with Zero Wall, see if it synergizes well.

12/16/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Weeks
Does it bother anyone else that Dh companions are better than wd pets? I think ontop of a damage increase to pets, they should offer a buff to the witch doctor, like the Dh companion.

Yes, it bothers me greatly. Kinda like how the Barbarian summon has a rune that makes all three of the guys do 360%(!) weapon damage each for a total of 1080% weapon damage, which is almost ten times as powerful as our Gargantuan.
Reply Quote

You dont need any passives.
You can get 10 dogs with BBV Boogie Man and nothing else.
I am confident this is a bug, and will removed shortly.

Try out 10 dogs with leaching rune, if you have decent LoH, its absurd healing.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Reply Quote
12/15/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Armyveteran
As of now our little weak dogs die in seconds to that new poison AOE from elites.

I am sure this is a bug.
I reported it in the PTR bug forum.
It seems the new elite poison affix bypasses the damage reduction granted to WD pets in the 1.04 patch.
I am confident that will be fixed.

Aside from that, pets are still too squishy, although I have not tested out a build with super high Life Regen and Fierce Loyalty.

Fetishes are WAY too squishy, and do not appear to benifit from either the patch 1.04 damage reduction or fierce loyalty life regen. They die in one hit, or 1 second in poison or fire on ground.
In my opinion they should get both the 1.04 benefits and fierce loyalty.
Reply Quote
New Taskers and Theo should help a lot for pet build, 100% increased AS for all pets.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 03:25 PMPosted by ButteryNugs
New Taskers and Theo should help a lot for pet build, 100% increased AS for all pets.

Its not the dps that people worry about with RoS pet doctors, its survivability.

Ya, there is a level 68 passive that gives +50% pet damage, a legendary that gives 100% pet damage, and another legendary that gives 100% pet IAS, but that wont do much if pets die instantly in Torrent difficulties.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Odif
Its not the dps that people worry about with RoS pet doctors, its survivability.

Ya, there is a level 68 passive that gives +50% pet damage, a legendary that gives 100% pet damage, and another legendary that gives 100% pet IAS, but that wont do much if pets die instantly in Torrent difficulties

If the dogs are attacking more and sharing your LoH (Fierce Loyalty, add in Leeching Beasts and the new passive), then having 2x AS should lend to more survivability, no?

I havent played torment, so I have no idea how well they survive in it. Could it simply be an issue of the gear RoS testers currently have? Summoner builds might be some weird high end build that requires the right gear to work. Or not, I have no idea, obviously.
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 12/16/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
cd reduction with new zun's, seen the short duraction garg be cast every 15sec, along with spam casting fetishes while weak can be rather zerg type.

but if you want old school necro auto zerg down while you just put up amp curse and such its not going to happen, either way you will always have active game play be a requirement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]