Diablo® III

PTR - disaster ahead

Hi folks,

I wanted to share some of my experience in the new 2.0.1 PTR:

- new difficulty system is pathetic: master feels like inferno mp0 ... no challenge whatsoever, since Torment will be only for RoS? The big increase in dmg from major skills, make the gameplay really retarded.
- loot 2.0 - there is no item diversity: all the items i found, have main stat+vit and 1 or 2 optional stats, like pick up or some resistance. Nice consistency and homogeneity, but absolutely no diversity. When u see the item, u will know what stats it will have .... and in 2 hours i havent found a single leg ...
- changes in skills are retarded: u cannot use anything new, old builds will remain viable and even more overpowered. They just increased the DMG multipliers ... finito!
- mob density restored to pre 1.0.8 levels: back to brainless act3 grinding .... nice one!

I feel that the new patch is designed for fresh self-found players that are just starting and for such its very good, but for old players its like an insult!

Its a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT :(
Reply Quote
What you need to do is get somebody with full beta acess to let you in a Torment level 6 game with them. You will find your challenge I promise.

As far as item diversity; I am not real happy about it either. I found out some of the crafting recipes need a white version of the weapon as one of the mats which does give them a use. I don't like this "pumping up" numbers thing at all though. I wanted the talisman(or whatever since we yet again have a group of developers trying to differentiate themselves from their predecessors) so that we could have charms in the game. I was also hoping for jewels that could augment certain skills or add special properties.

I don't want to get in the rut of just looking for the same things all the time on gear like we are now in live. I think if the properties on jewels and charms were diverse enough we would not all look the same either. But, with the paragon point thing, I doubt we will see anything like what I am talking about. The removal of PUR from the available stats was also a major let down for me.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking that PTR Master 1-60 is completely oriented towards new/re-roll characters.

When playing my 60 WD, Master is a joke, complete face roll, and drops are worthless. Boring.

Started a new WD, only using I legacy piece, a Vit Hellfire. Within three hours, the new WD is at level 24 and face tanking everything. Gear drops definitely make more sense than they do for a full legacy geared 60.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Wurger
I'm thinking that PTR Master 1-60 is completely oriented towards new/re-roll characters.

I agree, it's much more enjoyable with a low level character. If they can't solve the difficulty issue, i.e. give torment 1-6 @60, I was thinking it would be good to release the patch with a Ladder.
Reply Quote
View profile
Level 70 expert mode elites took it to me when I joined a game created on an RoS account. PTR is simply a checks and balances for a1-4 bugs in RoS. Yeah, we can check out the loot system, but consider how terrible your character would be if you couldnt buy all your D3V gear from the AH. People are freaking about stuff they have no idea about.

Reaper has been saying that so far Master (70) is a challenge and Torment will require new gear.
Reply Quote
@Hub: torment is only for RoS, which seems really far away from release and looks buggy and broken! So when patch 2.0.1 hits and no torment available then what are we going to do!?!?!? Agree with you about the rest

@Wurger: very well said! PTR is for new players, we the old dogs what are we going to do????

@Wachati: there was one working thing in the whole game and they removed it: the difficulty system. It was good for noobs, old players and even for overgeared rmah users! The new difficulty system is only for spoiled little kiddos that enjoy facerolling everything, without thinking what they are doing!

I start to understand why so many people are quitting .... recent example is the white items, they become necessary and ... in 2 hours i found ZERO white items! WTF BLIZZ? U create only demand and not supply? U try to fix things that are not broken? U try to cheat your customers, removing content (AH) and making pathetic changes ... WDs, at least the one i talked with, consider PTR an insult to old players!

A humble advice: better not release this patch before new year, so we can at least slash some monsters at piece during the holidays ...

really confused, because the "dev" team is ignoring the feedback from the PTR forums :( :(
Reply Quote
@buttery: this thread is not for RoS, but for PTR which will be released, as it seems months before RoS ... master in PTR is a total JOKE! With my gear and careful, without amulet and no spending of parapoints, i am killing elites in 2-3 sec with bears and one shotting trash mobs with SH+bears ... sorry but thats retarded :(

Another thing: people on streams, were facerolling torment 6 on the third day of the beta using toads + crushing blow and blizzard removed it ... so by the time RoS is released, most of the new features will be removed due to "dev"'s team lack of intelligence to balance their own system!
Reply Quote
View profile
Gotcha…yes, agreed, PTR is a joke. But if you play it through from 1-60 on Master, the joke is on you, because it is not "easy." It isnt release date Inferno hard, but it is still a challenge.

I havent even played my lvl 60s other than to farm Rakanoth because of how easy it was, but still, the fun, for me, is in the item hunt…which is a pain in the !@# now because the drop rate is crazy low.
Reply Quote
But if you play it through from 1-60 on Master, the joke is on you, because it is not "easy." It isnt release date Inferno hard, but it is still a challenge.

i agree, its great for new players ... but there are also old players, which are completely ignored!

12/18/2013 11:55 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
which is a pain in the !@# now because the drop rate is crazy low.

in ptr its even lower - much less items are dropping and are with all the same stats: main stat+vit and some secondary stats like pickup or resistance. There is no diversity! Drop rates will be worse, if blizzard do not change the current state of loot 2.0.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 11:55 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
Gotcha…yes, agreed, PTR is a joke. But if you play it through from 1-60 on Master, the joke is on you, because it is not "easy." It isnt release date Inferno hard, but it is still a challenge.

I havent even played my lvl 60s other than to farm Rakanoth because of how easy it was, but still, the fun, for me, is in the item hunt…which is a pain in the !@# now because the drop rate is crazy low.
so are you telling me if i go from 1-60 in the ptr i wont be facerolling in the matter of days/weeks?

and tbh man its a big slap in the face if you arent buying RoS for whateva reason
Reply Quote
View profile
I agree. I think it sucks if you don't plan to upgrade. but if you do upgrade, it might be cool. I just don't expect much and then I enjoy life more. I feel like gamers sometimes have grand expectations because they paid $50 for a game. I pay $50 for gas and that lasts me for 2 weeks…and I barely drive. It is what it is.

But there is still some fun to be had in PTR. They gave you two extra character slots, go use them and reroll new characters. Report bugs. Be useful and enjoy yourself rather than setting yourself up for disappointment. Or follow the lead of others and stop playing. I get people being upset because someone is messing with a time investment they had, but you can likely invest just as much time and enjoy the game just as much if you just play it and get attached to your gear and builds. People always contest change, even though it is inevitable.
Reply Quote
I pay $50 for gas and that lasts me for 2 weeks…and I barely drive. It is what it is.

what car is this? I pay 100 and i drive 2 days tops, but i drive a lot ...

But there is still some fun to be had in PTR. They gave you two extra character slots, go use them and reroll new characters. Report bugs. Be useful and enjoy yourself rather than setting yourself up for disappointment. Or follow the lead of others and stop playing. I get people being upset because someone is messing with a time investment they had, but you can likely invest just as much time and enjoy the game just as much if you just play it and get attached to your gear and builds. People always contest change, even though it is inevitable.

no there isnt .. there is no fun in PTR! My point is that most changes are not good, like removing mobs density, reducing difficulty level and creating demand without offering supply! i dont want to be forced to quit and i want to play the only game i play now and will play in the future! Is it too much to ask not to screw it up? Is it too much to ask not to remove the nice features? Why is the "dev" team not reading the PTR feedback, everybody is telling them to stop this madness - i have never seen such unity in D3 players feedback! We all want to play the game, not retarded facerolling for consistent stats on items and hoping to have 2 more int or 5 more vit ... DAFUQ!?
Reply Quote
View profile
So, basically, you want them to have an open beta to RoS? You have to understand what the PTR is all about. It isnt to provide you some great challenge while you wait for RoS, it's to help develop the game. The PTR has been out for, what, a week now? Been in development for how long? How quickly do expect them to implement large scale changes?

I get what you are saying, I really do. (There is a reason I am playing D3V over PTR right now.) But you have to suppress your angst and suspected disappointment and give them time to adjust. I keep hearing people say that torment 2-6 have good mob density. You should consider the PTR a gift, not something owed to you. If you want the goods, you have to wait until RoS. That's just how it is.

Patience, please. Continue to do what they expect: posting things on the PTR forums to improve it.

And my car is a Nissan Altima from 2002…with 220,000 miles on it. But, like I said, I barely drive…a few miles to work, the same back, the grocery store if I plan to grab food for a week, and that's it. No sense in driving when I can walk or bike. I'm in no hurry.

If you need to relax, listen to some Otis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyMg-EhZ1Es
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 12/19/2013 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 02:14 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
So, basically, you want them to have an open beta to RoS?

NO! I dont understand what is all the fuzz about when everybody wants the beta ... are u people paid to be beta testers??????????????

You have to understand what the PTR is all about. It isnt to provide you some great challenge while you wait for RoS, it's to help develop the game. The PTR has been out for, what, a week now? Been in development for how long? How quickly do expect them to implement large scale changes?

PTR is a test of the upcoming patch, which will look more than 80% like the current PTR! U have to understand that we are not lab rats, its blizzard job to test things and give us the final product! I entered in PTR, because EU servers were not working for 2 days and for 2 days in PTR (abt 3 hours) i was more than frustrated! It is a joke, why wait more, they are working on it for like 6 months and to have such a disaster is not acceptable ... its only showing lack of dedication and knowledge!

But you have to suppress your angst and suspected disappointment and give them time to adjust. I keep hearing people say that torment 2-6 have good mob density. You should consider the PTR a gift, not something owed to you. If you want the goods, you have to wait until RoS. That's just how it is.

Its hard, when we waited so much for the patch, and instead of improvements we get downgrades in all aspects of the game! I dont want such gifts and i dont want anything, but to play my beloved game! They will ruin it ....

Patience, please. Continue to do what they expect: posting things on the PTR forums to improve it.

i am starting to doubt if this helps ... why there are no actions yet?

12/19/2013 02:14 AMPosted by ButteryNugs
If you need to relax, listen to some Otis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyMg-EhZ1Es

thx for the suggestion i will try it :) It is better than drugs anyways :D

I am worried, because i really enjoy patch 1.0.8 and i am having lots of fun farming act1, 2 and 3. I dont want to be stuck in act3, which i hate, because i spent most of my farming time there! I want to chose where to farm and not walk around in empty maps like a diluted chimp ...
Reply Quote
View profile
Heh Hanno. Makes you long for a few weeks ago when no one liked your CoB build!

I'll answer a few of these comments:

So, basically, you want them to have an open beta to RoS? You have to understand what the PTR is all about. It isnt to provide you some great challenge while you wait for RoS, it's to help develop the game. The PTR has been out for, what, a week now? Been in development for how long? How quickly do expect them to implement large scale changes?

Blizzard hasn't done a thing with this game for the PC in over a year. Where are the new sets and items they promised and have been promising for a year?? Nothing has been done to this game including PTR and Beta RoS since 1.08. I don't recall exactly when 1.08 dropped but it has been what 6-8 months? Other than the crap console D3 versions what have thay done?? You like the 4 BoA items???? That was a big improvement.

This game is in disaster mode because there is not much of it left.

12/18/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Hub
I don't want to get in the rut of just looking for the same things all the time on gear like we are now in live. I think if the properties on jewels and charms were diverse enough we would not all look the same either. But, with the paragon point thing, I doubt we will see anything like what I am talking about. The removal of PUR from the available stats was also a major let down

Dude. The game you are describing is PoE. I suggest you try it out if you haven't already.

-----------------
@ ButteryNugs
The player community has no obligation to support a piece of junk. Enough players have told Blizzard what the problems are. If Blizzard wants to abandon the PC version of the game that's up to them.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 03:38 AMPosted by skywalkerfx
Heh Hanno. Makes you long for a few weeks ago when no one liked your CoB build!

sometimes i like disturbances :) Just out of curiosity, everybody is using pretty much the same build so who does not like it? :)

The game you are describing is PoE. I suggest you try it out if you haven't already.

imo PoE is far behind Diablo 3 in all possible aspects ... anyway its a personal preference :)

This game is in disaster mode because there is not much of it left.

i am still having fun, but sometimes i feel like a drunk russian shoe maker, trying to squeeze the bottle for a few more drops of alcohol :S
Reply Quote
Its a transparent marketing strategy. They want to milk their loyal players and force everyone to buy RoS.

Btw RoS release date is March 25. Its rushed and will result in ignoring all that awesome feedback that the players have provided.

I think I´m getting RoS 6 months later, in september after the summer, they should´ve provided a few major patches in that time.
Reply Quote
@Jumba: agree!
Reply Quote
View profile
Buy RoS.

That's bout it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]