Diablo® III

I was wondering do set, leg`s and +`s drop

As heading implies, i have come to the conclusion that these items are not found but bought of the auction house ! +`s are {game -enhancing and changing items} that drop, along with the set and better legendaries. Am I grinding against the rng needlessly or do I continue to hope that the game will drop said items for my toon. Cause I kind of feel dumb when I rarely open my game to public and most if not all are decked in the full set of *.* and I am in my rare and lower legendary gear. I played pong,
doom, D! and D2 + Lod and a host of other games and I am feeling kinda gloomy towards D3 Vanilla.
As an aside I not blaming any except my my own lack of skill and misunderstanding of the mechanics of the game. Hopefully I will find and use as stated, gears as time and effort transpires. Yes I have had one set piece drop, but not for my toon.
Reply Quote
what difficulty do you play? I play MP8-MP10 inferno and last night I had two legs and a set item drop for me...

Stacking MF in the manner that you currently are set up will become obsolete in RoS, but you should still be getting drops of legs... just less frequently in lower difficulties as the difficulty level also carries a MF factor.

Best of Luck! Diablo is a random game when it comes to drops - Loot 2.0 will improve your drop chances of being useful to the toon that you are playing with ...

Ultimately, we are all here to kill SH$T and have fun, if a leg or set drops - bonus!
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 12/17/2013 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for the reply, The gears I have on are my magic find stuff and are not the usual gears I use. That being said I usually play mp 10 on hell no problem but toon gears for inferno without being to glassy are not mp + proficient. It is good to see an Aus/Nz forum up and kicking irrespective of the lag and distance of original server placement, when I am in pub game I usually drop items not suited for my toon. And as I said before { not being surely} I had one set item drop but not for this toon. Stilll enjoy reading most of Aus/Nz posts as there is a lot of info helpful to my enjoyment of game style.er He says Sheepishly today I am enjoying some merlot whilst playing.
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 09:08 PMPosted by motiewarrior
I am enjoying some merlot

I do the same most nights :)

HMU I should have some upgrades for you

BTW as far as I know - item drops are currently specific to the difficulty level of the monsters being slayed ... so if you are chasing lvl 60 items - you will not find as many in Hell as you would in MP0-3 inferno (as you need to kill level 60 monsters...)
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 12/17/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 08:43 PMPosted by NickBaldyM
Ultimately, we are all here to kill SH$T and have fun, if a leg or set drops - bonus!

This guy knows wassup!
+1

fun is the most important of all :D
Reply Quote
Ya I just tried mp 10 > 5 > now attempting 3 without mf gears and will post again, ta to both of you. I have been seeking to keep updated on issues to do with d3v and ros and ptr, {back to inferno + mp3} mw.

fun is important.
Edited by motiewarrior#1136 on 12/17/2013 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Um... OP... I hate to break it to you but the way this game's engine is designed all the best loot in the game has been found long ago. Sure there is still the odd random awesome roll available but statistically you have no chance of that happening.

While other posters will tell you about their unbelievable luck at getting legs to drop what they don't tell you is that they are all complete rubbish that is converted to Brims, in game vender sold, just dropped as worthless or never even picked up because you just know it's going to be so so bad...

I've got good MF(sic), play on high MP Inferno in Multiplayer and either get no legs at all in an average week or just complete junk that I don't even bother picking up.

Don't play the game to find awesome gear because you wont, go to the AH while it's still there, it's your only chance of getting good gear unfortunately.
Reply Quote
As I understand the AH is the best place to get toon specific items I still have this uncontrollable yearning to get the good stuff from my roll of the game and not the auction house as most times I have not enough gold to buy the gear. I am not anti AH, I wanna find my own drops: I am not against give aways or hand me downs- its a thrill to get a game changing drop, one thinks that one has achieved something. Then again when playing with brother I don`t give him stuff as we agreed that finding ones own gear was more exciting. I am cringing as I write cause there is this this other side of me saying take it, steal it, receive it its ok, but as I think you may agree as you fought for it its yours you earnt it. my spell checker is howling at my diction , but as you are reading this I overruled the the system.

prob of topic but have been listening to simple minds -sparkle in the rain and a little of thin lizzy yeah I know I am prob showing my age but we is as we are.

thank you too for replying.
Reply Quote
I must repeat: THERE ARE NO DECENT ITEMS/GEAR LEFT TO BE FOUND IN THIS GAME

The game engine does not allow duplicate rolls so there is a very finite number of good items and 99.999% of the good stuff has already dropped. This means you have almost 0 chance of finding anything useful in game. you will only be completely disappointed if you try.

Play for 1000 hours and tell me I'm wrong...
Reply Quote
nah from the way stuff has been dropping for me that sounds about right, er not trying to be a nay sayer but you know one could get {rng} lucky, like {sic} Ripley finding it looks clear,lucky lucky gunna have to fight for every good one. prob being to optirmistic. I have made it to here on drops and discovered mp3 inferno tho I am very squishy and when I changed skill passives I discovered 120k dps versus 44k ish yeah still squishy tho I dunno how I managed 120k.
Reply Quote
@ Motie

Offer still stands for some gear to improve your DH, I have manticore, calamity, windforce or (don't hate me peeps) Hellracks for your weap, plus chest armor and perhaps even a helm and boots which will improve both your dps and eHP...

If you want to self find - I totally respect that ... if you need a boost - its there - I am not using it, can't bring myself to vendor it (or salvage) and I am more than happy to pass onto an aus/nz member that I can see get a benefit from it

2.5 hours of game @ MP10 inferno last night - two legs - a blackthorne belt and a leg ring... can't remember which one...
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 02:59 AMPosted by madoberon
I must repeat: THERE ARE NO DECENT ITEMS/GEAR LEFT TO BE FOUND IN THIS GAME

The game engine does not allow duplicate rolls so there is a very finite number of good items and 99.999% of the good stuff has already dropped. This means you have almost 0 chance of finding anything useful in game. you will only be completely disappointed if you try.

Play for 1000 hours and tell me I'm wrong...

I really really doubt that the game engine works that way. Think about it. It would have to keep a record of every single drop it ever made. I work with databases, and I know how impossibly slow that would make it - not in terms of the lag we know and love - but when it was calculating the rolls on an item. It would also require huge storage.

Why would Blizz devote huge storage and poor back end performance to a game feature that achieves nothing?

Sorry, I simply don't believe you. And yes, I have played 1000 hours, and I still get rare decent drops.

The more likely reason for OP not getting good drops is that he's playing on too low a level. It's a balancing act. You have to kill things quickly to get the drops at all, but if you play too low, you won't get the high level items.
Reply Quote
Silly conspiracy theories aside, madoberon is right in that progress in D3 cannot be made by loot hunting alone. Basically, the RNG is stacked against casual play. I mean you could clear all content playing self-found, but to continue playing with a different end-game in sight requires AH/RMAH. There those that have played D3 completely self-found and been able to build pretty decent toons, but I shudder to think how many hours they have played to get there. A few of them have "blogged" their self-found journeys on the forums. It's worth checking out if you are really interested.
Reply Quote
@gooball

[quote="109471597028"Sorry, I simply don't believe you. And yes, I have played 1000 hours, and I still get rare decent drops.

The more likely reason for OP not getting good drops is that he's playing on too low a level. It's a balancing act. You have to kill things quickly to get the drops at all, but if you play too low, you won't get the high level items.

Goo ball, with your kill count and gear... you paid to win using the AH right? And yet you tell the OP you can easily upgrade without the AH via self found on a high enough MP? Really?

Troll
Edited by madoberon#6178 on 12/19/2013 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
And to Gooball you do know and understand the concept of "dupes" I hope? and how that is controlled and or exposed in D3?

No? totes obvious...
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 01:29 AMPosted by madoberon
Goo ball, with your kill count and gear... you paid to win using the AH right? And yet you tell the OP you can easily upgrade without the AH via self found on a high enough MP? Really?

I never wrote that OP would find it easy to upgrade without the AH. I realise that playing self-found is a hard grind, and without the AH it's very hard to get good gear.

I have found and sold a few items for hundreds of millions of gold, one over a billion, and many many in the tens of millions. If OP were getting similar quality drops he could either use them, or sell them and then buy what he needs. Maybe I was lucky and he has had a bad run of drops.

And to Gooball you do know and understand the concept of "dupes" I hope? and how that is controlled and or exposed in D3?

No? totes obvious...

I understand dupes. They aren't controlled or exposed inside the game, though you can get an idea by searching the AH or looking at external sites like diabloprogress. What's your point?
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 07:43 PMPosted by motiewarrior
i have come to the conclusion that these items are not found but bought of the auction house ! +`s are {game -enhancing and changing items} that drop, along with the set and better legendaries

I basically played self found with the occasional gear swap with friends till I hit paragon 50 with my first barb. Highest MP I could play was 6.

Yes it was a grind but that is how I chose to play the game back then. My best find was the IK Chest my barb now wears.

However when it dawned on me that it was near impossible to progress to higher MP's without the AH I bit the bullet and spent $20 on radiant star gems then sold them for gold.

Once you do get a bit of gold then you can upgrade some gear.

Many argue for and against the AH as opposed to self found. I can tell you right now YOU WILL NEVER GET TO PLAY HIGH MP WITHOUT PURCHASING SOME GEAR, , that being said everything in the AH was found.

Craft some items, personally I have been very lucky as some of mine would be worth billions if they were sellable.

Don't be discouraged LOOT2 is coming and ROS not far behind.

Secret is though ENJOY THE GAME for what it is, "TO JUST K!LL SH!T" and have fun.

Cheers
Edited by YDFWM#6389 on 12/19/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread, NickBaldyM yes please if the offer for toon specific gears is still on the table and I have an item for your WD which may be an upgrade, I don't wanna sell it but give it a good home. I`m a little speechless at the replies from you all as I usually spend a bit of time reading A/N forums for info on the game. I will be on game tonight as a friend has just invited me out for Christmas lunch today, so until then I`m going have to wait till then.
mw.
Reply Quote
Motiewarrior - love the reference by the way. I also have some gear for you, and I should be on tonight for a bit. I think I have some nat's gear and shoulders etc, but can check (later).

I thought I'd add my two cents into the discussion as well... I have pretty much the same story as YD, played for ages and hit the ceiling at around MP5 before I got some help from other charitable players, and also buying some gold. That was about when they bought out ubers, and I remember being stoked when I could clear the MP10 ubers.

The AH makes a big difference. You will find some really good gear while killing stuff, but without other good gear to combine with it you still only have a half decent toon. I look at my characters and can say that there are less than a dozen items self found across the lot of them... And I have played a lot.

At any rate - good luck in your adventures in Sanctuary, and enjoy killing monsters!
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Azza2k
I got some help from other charitable players

I must admit - that ALOT of my gears has come from the good peoeple that post within the AUS/NZ forum - I got to MP8 as a (squishy) CM wiz self found and bought on GAH from gold found within game.. but after that - it has all been through game drops and charity...

I rarely look at AH now - I know there are bargains to be had and millions to be sold - but frankly I am no good at playing AH... and passable at playing the game :)

Since day one of game I have had one successful sell of almost 300m - which basically all went on gem upgrades and some WD gear...

now I just have fun!

12/19/2013 05:37 PMPosted by motiewarrior
NickBaldyM yes please if the offer for toon specific gears is still on the table and I have an item for your WD which may be an upgrade

Offer stands as offered :) unless Azza beats me with gears of higher calibre... but you are welcome to all and sundry that I can offer - add me in game and I will help where ever possible.

I may be on tonight... but it all comes down to the wife / keeping peace :)
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 12/19/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]