Diablo® III

Whats the speed Paragon leveling build?

Finally going to make a DH on live after messing around with one on Beta server. What build would be the fastest for Paragon leveling? I know where to go just dont know what spec is the best these days.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 12/17/2013 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not sure if there's a "best build" for a DH. In my opinion, we don't really have a single OP build.

Just check out these 2 stickies and pick a build to try it out and see if you like it =)

Quick guide of common builds: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979318741

Index of the myriad of builds around: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979319534

Not a sticky, but a build that combines Rapid Fire and Spike Traps for tank play which I don't think has been added to the index yet: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10389129131
Reply Quote
Rf bombardment is the quickest way to kill things...also very very boring
Reply Quote
Are any builds more suited for low MP speed farming? Seems like some of them wouldnt work well. For instance the delayed damage on Bola would be nice on higher MPs using lots of attack speed and a Calamity. Because mobs have high health the delay doesnt really matter all that much. But on lower MPs the delay b/t detonation would be time consuming. I guess Strafe would work similar to a TR monk. But assume you need to stack pick up radius.to feed Vengeance.
Reply Quote
Strafe is the fastest on low mp, and with low IAS + bat+prep you could do without vengeance, but yeah pick up is nice if you're trying to farm gold/globes.
Reply Quote
Instead of typing rf bombardment, can't you just type rapid fire bombardment? Can't stand it when people in this game do that. I have seen that for 10 years now. I had to dig in another forum to figure out what rf meant. Rant over.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 04:33 AMPosted by Chuck
Instead of typing rf bombardment, can't you just type rapid fire bombardment? Can't stand it when people in this game do that. I have seen that for 10 years now. I had to dig in another forum to figure out what rf meant. Rant over.
It's the internet. Most people will type with some form of abbreviation or another for commonly used terms. =)

12/17/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
Are any builds more suited for low MP speed farming?
Hungering Arrow:Spray of Teeth + Ball Lightning or Multishot is pretty good for low MP farming. There are also Strafe builds. They're all in the stickies.
Reply Quote
strafe DH is good for low MP (1 - 5) paragon leveling.

either manticore or dual weld (calamity + danetta spite) makes it decent dps.

with a full nat set you can run rapid fire as a secondary attack vs fat / elite targets.

once you hit 220k dps + u can tackle mp 7 - 9.
Reply Quote
I suggest this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#icghVl!YbT!abcZY

run it with 22 or more pickup yards and have 50-60 chc, doesn't need aps (don't stack too much)

The build depends on your dps, if you have over 400k you can blast through mp10 as you walk, shoot enough BL and move on (following its path as much as you can). The mobs that chase you will be hit by BL as they more behind you.
Reply Quote
Sorry for the rant before :) I understand the structure of the www. I have a melee DH (tons of fun) and a ranged one that I would like to start using. The thought of mowing how's over was why I looked at this to begin with, looks like some good advice and I will report my findings as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chuck-1311/
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
Are any builds more suited for low MP speed farming? Seems like some of them wouldnt work well. For instance the delayed damage on Bola would be nice on higher MPs using lots of attack speed and a Calamity.

With high APS (attacks per second) you can load up a target in the middle of a group with bolas and the Imminent Doom rune, then unload on that target with Rapid Fire (your choice of rune; I like Web or Fire Support). A bola'd target that dies immediately triggers all queued detonations simultaneously.

Alternately, you can "paint" a group with bolas from side to side, and after the first couple blow up it causes a chain reaction of instant detonations across the group.

Not sure if this is the fast way to go for paragon leveling, but the kill speed is quite high, while the amusement factor from deploying explosives and then shooting at them to blow them up keeps it from being too monotonous.
Reply Quote
For HC paragon running, i use companion, smoke screen, preparation, vault, hungering arrow (spray of bone), and ball lightening. Tons of defense, and decent aoe. The dmg multipliers are a bit low, so you need extra dps for the MP, but it clears fast and safe.
Reply Quote
Elemental Arrow Ball Lighting is really good in my opinion. Run it with Night Stalker and Punishment. Because of how much BL hits it generates massive disc with NS, so you won't ever run out of hatred. Bat also. Don't need a generator. Use Rapid Fire Fire Support for burning down hard targets. Just one potential build. Strafe supposedly is best for high speed low MP farming, I've just never done it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]