Diablo® III

WD skill questions

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Trink-1210/hero/5493464

why do so many WDs using the firebats build use locust swarm pestilence? The mana costs are so much especially considering the initial cost of firebats. I use a primary like ghostbomb that i can spam which allows me to semi spam firebats.

Also, why dont more WDs use pierce the veil? i realize you take a hit to mana but the 20% damage buff seems too much to pass up.

thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Trink-1210/hero/5493464
why do so many WDs using the firebats build use locust swarm pestilence?

It helps pull mobs to gather them up to bats them down.

Why dont more WDs use pierce the veil? The mana costs are so much especially considering the initial cost of firebats.

Answer your own question right here. The mana cost. You do more damage the more you can channel bats, If you can do bats 10% of the time for 20% more damage, you're not doing as much damage as being able to bats 90% of the time for 20% less damage.

I use a primary like ghostbomb that i can spam which allows me to semi spam firebats.

If you're casting ghost bomb, you aren't casting bats.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 04:22 AMPosted by Trink
I use a primary like ghostbomb that i can spam which allows me to semi spam firebats.

Semi casting bats is working against you as you don't want your channeling to be interrupted. Ghostbomb interrupts the channel. Aggro everything with pestilence and SW into the mob and channel bats.
Reply Quote
By semi cast i mean that i cant spam the firebats indefinitely although i can spam them long enough to kill most mobs. elite mobs i usually run out so then i spirit walk to get mana back. I guess i like using ghost bomb for range and trash mobs.
Reply Quote
That's not a bad idea, imo.

12/18/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Trink
By semi cast i mean that i cant spam the firebats indefinitely although i can spam them long enough to kill most mobs. elite mobs i usually run out so then i spirit walk to get mana back. I guess i like using ghost bomb for range and trash mobs.

That's not a bad idea, imo. Part of the reason I don't like COB is that it sucks against mobs that move or are ranged. I'm a pretty staunch COB hater, haha.

But yeah pestilence is used because it will spread to everything on screen and aggro it all.

And PTV uses way too much mana. I could see myself finding a way to squeeze it in at lvl 70 along with Gruesome Feast, but if you are choosing between the two, it's a no brainer because GF actually restores mana, and increases you AR because it's an int buff rather than just damage.
Edited by Chas#1850 on 12/18/2013 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Chas
That's not a bad idea, imo.

That's not a bad idea, imo. Part of the reason I don't like COB is that it sucks against mobs that move or are ranged. I'm a pretty staunch COB hater, haha.

But yeah pestilence is used because it will spread to everything on screen and aggro it all.

And PTV uses way too much mana. I could see myself finding a way to squeeze it in at lvl 70 along with Gruesome Feast, but if you are choosing between the two, it's a no brainer because GF actually restores mana, and increases you AR because it's an int buff rather than just damage.

I use GF and GI. what would you use in place of pierce the vail? Attunement, blood ritual, spirit vessel, or somethinge else?
Reply Quote
Spirit Vessel > Blood Ritual > Jungle Fortitude = Spiritual Attunement

Choose your flavour.
Reply Quote
Haha well you can look at me and see that I use COL but I'm a special flower, tee hee. Somewhat seriously though, with that said, I mean, play around with it and see what you actually enjoy more in practice. It may be that PTV is less efficient, but maybe you have more fun with it, so rock on anyway.

I do seem to remember feeling like I needed PTV at your DPS level when I was there, but that was a different time when Primary Skill builds were all the rage.
Edited by Chas#1850 on 12/18/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]