Diablo® III

SF's rant about breakpoints

View profile
That's true...you start talking to ccmempogiveclipse and time just flies past :p
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 03:02 AMPosted by demonknight
ccmempogiveclipse

I see what you did there...
Reply Quote
hahaha this is a awesome post... but imo if u dont hit the breakpoint with ur axe its not the end of the world.. at least not on EU servers

if you u compare the top axes and maces on the gold AH, they will both have around ~600-1100 weapon dmg, but the maces will have around ~1050dps while the axes will have around ~1150dps, which matches a good echoing fury better (1100+ dps).. also there is plenty of crafted axes to choose from, but only a few maces.. so if you cant get a mace with 1100+ dps why not go for a axe?.. if weapon dmg is the same u might as well go for the axe imo
Reply Quote
Very nice Silver. And no I am not throwing a fit about the EF comment. My EF dagger is no longer used ever since I passed my average elite kill time by 1.5 seconds.

Anyway, I would like to add a comment in regards to the Mace Axe comment. Silver is right Mace is better assuming the the damage range of the mace is better. That is really the deciding factor for which one you should choose between a mace or axe. If you have 500 mil to spend on a a weapon if the axe has a higher damager range then it will hit harder.(not talking the DPS number.....this factors in the attack speed of the weapon). If the mace weapon range is higher get the mace. I have seen plenty of noobs make the opposite mistake that silver is trying to convey. They buy a mace because its "IS" better, only to realize they could have bought an axe that has a higher damager range.

However to Silvers point many will buy an axe because the DPS number is higher then the mace but in most cases the damage range will still be lower than mace thus gimping your barb for WW play. But at the end of the day one should know "WHY" the mace is generally better. Its because the damage range is better. So at the end of the day you should get the weapon that gives you the highest damage range.
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 12/19/2013 5:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
How are you hitting 3.3 break point I just fired up d3rawr and with add 9IAS to every slot I know that can have IAS on it and still need the mage follower to hit the 2.86bp? The 2.5 break point is hard enough to hit as it is.

Also how do you maintain fury against a single mob without a generator? I'm not say that no generator is bad. When I'm doing crypts and have some one to pick the runners/single mobs then ill swap out bash for something else but for me bash + hota is huge for taking down elites.

My next thought is war cry vs brawler isn't it better to have war cry + brawler then (nerves of steel/tough as nails) + (hota or rend)

The reason I'm saying this isn't it faster xp/hr if you kill slower but stay alive vs more dmg but die occasionally?

While I don't have super scientific evidence just general observation. I have a monk friend I play a lot with that is super well geared about double my DPS but hes a bit glass canonish, him and I can do crypt run together but at the end I will have more xp in the end than him because he died twice were I did not and our solo clear times a roughly equal because of this.

My last question is this not really related to the topic at hand but a sore spot for me lately. How much dps do you need for high end crypt run groups normally? I have been told several times now that my DPS is to low?

For the TL:DR Some mini ranting/questions
Edited by errr#1286 on 12/19/2013 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Silverfire,

Don't take my post in the wrong way, you do a lot for the community, perhaps too much which is why maybe you take it a little personal.

I was going to reply to this last night but decided to sleep on it and think it through. My first thought that came to mind is how is it that someone could possibly get annoyed by the use of someone else's choices that without very few exceptions have an impact on their own purchase of a "GAME" to play during their own down time?

Also, since it is a "GAME" and there only for enjoyment....is there truly a methodology of "doing it wrong"? Honestly, if someone spends....lets say $40 US on something to install on their computer to use during their down time...the only possible scenario I can possibly come up with where they specifically are doing it wrong is if they purchased the game, have it installed, haven't played in a year and are complaining about hard drive space without uninstalling this one.....now that is doing it wrong.

Otherwise, if a person is playing, regardless of how efficient, and enjoying it....sounds right to me. There are only three examples I could possibly understand where you might get annoyed:

1. They ask for your help and ignore it once you give it to them

2. They jump into a public game with you and slow the team down

3. You've donated gear to them and they give it away and use worse gear still

Still even with those said examples...you made your choices in your game...and yet so have they. Either way...you both are playing it right.

Since I often find myself reading the forums and thinking the way I do, I guess that is why I find myself seldom posting on here; the way of the future seems to be attempting to control something you never will nor should have control over and then expressing how discussed you are that your control in the first place never existed but should have. Thus the state of the world we live in today and/or the way we are going globally.

I think as a "forum" community we do pretty good overall but sometimes we overlook the simple fact that some of us (self included) spend entirely too much time playing this game and for others it is simply just a game. Expectations differ in accordance with needs and wants. Relax and play, rinse and repeat....end of my quarterly post.

PS...Guilty on all charges :)
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm thinking pizza for breakfast.
Reply Quote
I used Cartographer's 1 million gold budget guide and I have had quite a bit of success with it. I am farming MP6 solo right now for exp and it seems to be going pretty well. I am not at the breakpoints you listed though. Would it be worth swapping out some gear to pick up more attack speed bonuses with a low budget in mind?

http://d3up.com/b/1263662#skills

D3up shows me at 1.9 aps without buffs on.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:58 AMPosted by errr
How are you hitting 3.3 break point I just fired up d3rawr and with add 9IAS to every slot I know that can have IAS on it and still need the mage follower to hit the 2.86bp? The 2.5 break point is hard enough to hit as it is.

Also how do you maintain fury against a single mob without a generator? I'm not say that no generator is bad. When I'm doing crypts and have some one to pick the runners/single mobs then ill swap out bash for something else but for me bash + hota is huge for taking down elites.

My next thought is war cry vs brawler isn't it better to have war cry + brawler then (nerves of steel/tough as nails) + (hota or rend)

The reason I'm saying this isn't it faster xp/hr if you kill slower but stay alive vs more dmg but die occasionally?

While I don't have super scientific evidence just general observation. I have a monk friend I play a lot with that is super well geared about double my DPS but hes a bit glass canonish, him and I can do crypt run together but at the end I will have more xp in the end than him because he died twice were I did not and our solo clear times a roughly equal because of this.

My last question is this not really related to the topic at hand but a sore spot for me lately. How much dps do you need for high end crypt run groups normally? I have been told several times now that my DPS is to low?

For the TL:DR Some mini ranting/questions

The way to hit 3.33 is by utilizing EF in the main hand and 9 IAS Dagger in the offhand. This will allow one hand to hit at 3.33
Reply Quote
ahh, I for got about weapons duh makes sense now.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/19/2013 07:09 AMPosted by GenghisKhan
I'm thinking pizza for breakfast.

I had leftover Chinese :)
Reply Quote

Positioning of the tornadoes. Make as many of them as you can hit the monsters.

I agree with you about bash. If I'm softening elites for a crypt run, or doing (rarely these days) keys and ubers, I keep it on my toolbar for the 24% damage bonus. Where it becomes suboptimal is if you use it only to replenish fury. You could have done that by taking damage and/or dropping tornadoes, so in that case it's a wasted slot.

Try to get mitigation on your gear, so you can use an attacking skill instead of way cry or nerves of steel etc. In your case your ar is a little low, but it's not bad. I'm sure you can do crypt runs without way cry. You might want another item with ar for more difficult content.

I suppose you could work this out i.e. how long it takes to res and get back into the action vs how much longer the run takes because a party member is weak. My thought is that balance is the key. You should be geared so that trash in the crypt doesn't kill you. Possibly a nasty elite does, though for a barb, that should be a rare occurence. You only get one or two elites in the crypt, so you don't need to go full ehp.

How much dps do you need for high end crypt run groups normally? I have been told several times now that my DPS is to low?

It isn't.
Reply Quote
title is a joke yo, I'm not really sitting at my monitor raging at some axe on some profile page...(well...not raging too hard at least)

As long as its getting people to think about how they've geared, mission accomplished.
Reply Quote
look bro, im 8% away from the next bp with wotb on. u mad bro?

if this irritates you, you seriously should get away from d3 for awhile and get some help. There are lots of things that are going wrong with this world and a video game shouldn't be your priority.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 10:49 AMPosted by SteLitY
look bro, im 8% away from the next bp with wotb on. u mad bro?

IM SO MAD BRO
Reply Quote
@ gooball thanks, I normally don't run a defensive skill for crypt runs I have been switching rend and HoTA back and forth lately trying to decide what I like better. I really messed up when I went hunting for a new lacuni's and inna's I had all res on both of them and dropped them for the bit health and DPS thinking my res was fine it was till after wards that I realized how much ehp I lost and now I don't feel like fixing it with 2.0/ROS coming just gonna roll with it.

@silverfire when I typed out my response I was feeling very rantey(not really a word) about people getting on there soap boxes but I figured after a bit it might have been more tongue in cheek I also hadn't had any caffeine yet which why I never post or read forums in the morning
Reply Quote
Hey guys...... it's all good. How about a group hug!!!!!

Let's everybody meet at GenghisKhan for breakfast!!!!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
12/19/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Argos

Let's everybody meet at GenghisKhan for breakfast!!!!!!

Nice :D
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Morpheus-6524/hero/37979990

You don't need to be that gg, but generally witching hour meshes very well with it...so I'd say it is a more high-end route to do properly. 5x9, LS on the axe, dps high enough that one slot cuts it.

This is also why Morpheus wins for best dual wield barb for me.

That damned copycat =)
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Det0x
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Morpheus-6524/hero/37979990

You don't need to be that gg, but generally witching hour meshes very well with it...so I'd say it is a more high-end route to do properly. 5x9, LS on the axe, dps high enough that one slot cuts it.

This is also why Morpheus wins for best dual wield barb for me.

That damned copycat =)

Morpheus copied it from me =) back when I was writing about this build everyone was still sporting innas and debating me on the 2.86/2.5 setup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]