Diablo® III

SF's rant about breakpoints

Inna's pants still best even for 2.86/2.5.

Also:

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/items

Read it and weep BigBaller.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/19/2013 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 03:27 PMPosted by silverfire
Inna's pants still best even for 2.86/2.5

OK.. http://www.d3rawr.com/d-NLsw8

*edit*

You were fast with the edit =)
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 12/19/2013 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 03:27 PMPosted by silverfire
Inna's pants still best even for 2.86/2.5.

Also:

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/items

Read it and weep BigBaller.

Read what. All that states is that Innas are more widely used. That means poop. You and I both know diggers blow innas away. I have already proven it, time and time again.
Reply Quote
Inna's pants are BiS for all classes, all situations, always. The masses agree.

You know it all comes down to bracer crafts. If you roll ones like RAiN's
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RAiN-1828/hero/26473369

they're pretty much the same thing. You shouldn't be comparing inna's to dd's. You should be comparing rare bracers to depth diggers and inna's to lacunis. Depth diggers give higher strength, lower vit, lower crit chance.

For the most part its just 1+3=3+1, the only difference is where the 1 is and where the 3 is.

And I guess it's more like depth diggers are better if you don't craft.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/19/2013 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:03 PMPosted by silverfire

they're pretty much the same thing. You shouldn't be comparing inna's to dd's. You should be comparing rare bracers to depth diggers and inna's to lacunis. Depth diggers give higher strength, lower vit, lower crit chance.

For the most part its just 1+3=3+1, the only difference is where the 1 is and where the 3 is.

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-HzS70

Set 1 = my current
Set 2 = Rains bracers + perfect innas.
Set 3 = perfect bracers + perfect innas.
Set 4 = perfect diggers + perfect prowlers.

Set 1 = 5369702 tDPS + 1019976 ehp
Set 2 = 5327803 tDPS + 1025218 ehp
Set 3 = 5387331 tDPS + 1091314 ehp
Set 4 = 5440527 tDPS + 1032360 ehp

Diggers + prowlers still wins in my eyes, and good luck crafting perfect bracers.. All the crafts in the world, and it still haven't been made...

A optimized diggers + crafted bracers + tyrael's might build is a different story tho :)
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 12/19/2013 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Det0x

Set 1 = my current

Diggers + prowlers still wins in my eyes, and good luck crafting perfect bracers.. All the crafts in the world, and it still haven't been made...

A optimized diggers + crafted bracers + tyrael's might build is a different story tho :)

That's what I was aiming for, Never could pick up enough Ehp in other slots to switch the rares to diggers though :(
At least it still functions
Reply Quote
Diggers + crafted bracers + tyrael's might is a different story tho :)
That's how RAiN rolled as you probably recall. Very clean setup.

And yes, it's rng and budget dependent. Inna's ends up being higher EHP and lower DPS with the gear all perfect. But then you also have to consider whether you're trading anything away in other slots for the DPS, and whether you care more about the raw DPS or the crit chance.

It's not that cut and dry, plus not many people operate at the astronomical budgets that you two do.

inna's tend to be cheap, it's actually possible to get nearly perfect ones on GAH itself
rare bracers tend to be next to free
dd's tend to be expensive
lacunis tend to be expensive (especially the good ones)

hell I've been watching rmah almost daily for a good pair at a reasonable price. best I saw were 110 str/80 vit 9/6 for $80...Death was sorta talking me into pulling the trigger. Couldn't quite justify it. Want more str (like the dupe), don't need 9ias, for around the same price. Might be impossible.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/19/2013 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Set 1 = my current

I just did the same thing as you Detox. I put on rains bracer and a perfect Innas......for me changed my tDPS by 27k out of 4000,000 and lowered both by Rend damage and my OP damage. Its a wash. However, If I put on perfect diggers, with my lacunis, rains bracer loses in all categories. The problem I have with the inna craft, is very very few will craft a bracer that beats the digger lanuni combo.......and to get Solid EHP on the bracer as well like Rains........Good luck.

Most people wear innas because they were widely popular back in the day and the majority of people playing dont have a clue.
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 12/19/2013 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
LOL the tdps on those sets... if you normalize all your stuff to set 1:

100.00% Set 1 tdps
99.22% Set 2 ..
100.33% 3
101.32% 4

100.00% Set 1 EHP
100.51% Set 2 ..
106.99% 3
101.21% 4
Reply Quote

Set 1 = my current

As i already have all the gear needed to build a optimized diggers + crafted bracers + tyrael's might build, in the dps department atleast, i give can some numbers for this also.

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-1A0lC

Set 5 = my diggers + my bracers + my tyrael's might
Set 6 = my diggers + rains bracers + my tyrael's might
Set 7 = my diggers + perfect bracers + my tyrael's might

Set 5 = 5439021 tDPS + 665725 ehp
Set 6 = 5393031 tDPS + 808337 ehp
Set 7 = 5452492 tDPS + 868226 ehp

But again we're back to the bracers... Its close to impossible to craft some godlike, so this is pretty much only dream, unreachable for 99.99% of the players.

Still stand by my first statement: Diggers > Innas
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 12/19/2013 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100.00% Set 1 tdps
99.22% Set 2 ..
100.33% 3
101.32% 4

100.00% Set 1 EHP
100.51% Set 2 ..
106.99% 3
101.21% 4

Important stuff :)

12/19/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Det0x
this is pretty much only dream, unreachable for 99.99% of the players.

Just like the gold/$$ to buy gear like yours is.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/19/2013 6:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think as a "forum" community we do pretty good overall but sometimes we overlook the simple fact that some of us (self included) spend entirely too much time playing this game and for others it is simply just a game. Expectations differ in accordance with needs and wants. Relax and play, rinse and repeat....end of my quarterly post.

PS...Guilty on all charges :)

I suspect SF is half trolling here.

I wanted to post since I wholeheartedly agree with your philosophy. I have been saying this for a very long time here. Cheers!!!
Reply Quote
silverfire isn't annoyed, he's just attention seeking ;). For a good cause of course.
Reply Quote
I know this isn't the gearing thread but, With ROS+2.0 coming etc Would it be worth it trying upgrade gear?
Edited by errr#1286 on 12/20/2013 6:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
1% crit chance on the inna pants is worth more than the mediocre stat increase depth diggers give.
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 05:16 AMPosted by zapro
1% crit chance on the inna pants is worth more than the mediocre stat increase depth diggers give.

Depends on how you look at it. Inna's are only good for break points and movement speed, if you are looking beyond that they are mediocre at best but promoted much like Apple products.....everyone has them so you should too...just ignore the stats and facts, buy now :).

Bottom line is I can't get the tune "little rabbit foo foo" out of my head when my barb is wearing them.
Reply Quote
Huuuu….. Didn't really look into breakpoints for barb before. Having a really hard time finding a sidegrade to get that last 6% of IAS though!
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 05:16 AMPosted by zapro

This is one thing you and I will agree wholeheartedly on. If I were dual wielding and I had the perfect bracers, I would relinquish the 70 str for the 1% crit chance.

Depends on how you look at it. Inna's are only good for break points and movement speed, if you are looking beyond that they are mediocre at best but promoted much like Apple products.....everyone has them so you should too...just ignore the stats and facts, buy now :).

Bottom line is I can't get the tune "little rabbit foo foo" out of my head when my barb is wearing them.

No, what everyone ignores in the dd vs inna's "debate" is that inna's should be compared to lacunis, not depth diggers or rare pants. It's a matter of where you put the stats, and when you add it up, it's negligible. You get the ias and ms in lacunis, or you get them in inna's.

det0x's numbers only show how closely matched all the combinations are. archon bracers + inna's give higher ehp, dd's + lacunis give higher dps. rare pants + lacunis will give even more ehp and even less dps. At the godly gear level all anyone cares about is strength, so the gg's will usually go with depth diggers.

"better" in this case means "higher tdps"

For everyone else it barely matters, but the choice is usually rare pants or inna's, double str dd's are a niche item that are too low on vit to be practical for most players.

FWIW, I never seriously said dd's are bad or that inna's are the best. The only reason I troll so hard about inna's is how its been the cool thing to irrationally hate on them on these forums, and usually the haters don't even get why they're hating. So I'll throw in some irrational wanking.

12/20/2013 08:49 AMPosted by JabberWocky
Huuuu….. Didn't really look into breakpoints for barb before. Having a really hard time finding a sidegrade to get that last 6% of IAS though!

Drop the average damage on your ring for it. It won't be a sidegrade. You'll never be able to go back to running on the low breakpoint you're at now, I guarantee it.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/20/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Holly crap!!!! You guys are still at it? Now I think you guys are trolling.

Hey, what ever happened to meeting ar GenghisKhan's for breakfast?
Reply Quote
seriously dude we went to waffle house, no one told you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]