Diablo® III

SF's rant about breakpoints

12/20/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Argos
Holly crap!!!! You guys are still at it? Now I think you guys are trolling.

Hey, what ever happened to meeting ar GenghisKhan's for breakfast?

I'm not meeting anyone that's wasting IAS slots.

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1345/46/1345465595208.jpg
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/20/2013 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Inna's are good for BP's, and MS and that's it. The 1% CC is just gravy. Wow, I can't believe people are still talking about this, this has been debated most of the year it seems like.......

Really, I like Inna's because I look good in blue :)
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Soldier
Inna's are good for BP's, and MS and that's it.

Wrong. Inna's are good for if you want the best pants the game has to offer, bar none.
Reply Quote
Yay Inna's! I even put them on my prep barb. They're a cost effective way to get ias, ms, and decent vit.
Reply Quote
I like inna's because they match my barbs blue swede shoes.
Yeah, that's how I roll.
Reply Quote
btw let me be clear

if you're wasting IAS and/or using an axe and/or have some other imperfections, I understand. Especially with crafting being important these days, it's hard to hit all the bullseyes. That's also why I'm really wishy washy about inna's vs lacunis and even bloodthirst because it doesn't really matter much.

The intent of this thread was never to berate anyone for being less than optimal, no one ever will be.

The target audience are the people who've just gotten started and better yet, are just starting to shop. Once you've got your barb built its hard and usually a waste of time and effort to fix the problems.

It's better to do it right at the beginning so you don't run into them in the first place. And too many people these days go into it without knowing how to do it right, or even what "right" is.

There are so many stickies and so much information to wade through that it's hard to gain an understanding on the stuff that most of us regulars probably view as obvious.

I wish inna's were never mentioned because that useless argument always takes on a life of its own, and always with both sides not even understanding what they're arguing about.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/20/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 11:27 AMPosted by silverfire
Inna's are good for BP's, and MS and that's it.

Wrong. Inna's are good for if you want the best pants the game has to offer, bar none.

OK, lets figure this out:

Inna's vs rare: 100 dex / 200 vit 9 ais / 1 cc 12 ms vs 200 main / 300 vit 80 ar same armor.....if you already have BP met and movement speed....no question there.

Inna's vs rare: same numbers, BP not met nor movement speed....no question there either (speaks for itself).

Inna's vs Lacunni's: 9 ais / 1cc + possible AR or vit but not both vs 9 ais / 6 cc vit and/or main stat and AR (both have MS) no question there either.

Granted it is all where you want your numbers but if you are looking at possible rolls Lacunni's can roll better than Inna's any day, Inna's is limited to and only to 1 cc and can not get AR if you get any vitality. You automatically loss 100 possible vit possible going with them and unless you are a monk or demon hunter you miss out completely on main stat if going for max vit on them....which is still 100 less possible. BP only...best in game, never. If your BPs are met already you gain more DPS, tDPS and EHP out of a rare pair, less EHP but more DPS and tDPS out of DD...but once again that is only...and only if you're BPs are where they need to be at without it....the whole MS factor is a completely different issue.

Little rabbit foo foo playing in my head again....darn you. Now I have to make a leap barb with Inna's and I blame you Silverfire :).
Reply Quote
nna's vs Lacunni's: 9 ais / 1cc + possible AR or vit but not both vs 9 ais / 6 cc vit and/or main stat and AR (both have MS) no question there either.

Granted it is all where you want your numbers but if you are looking at possible rolls Lacunni's can roll better than Inna's any day, Inna's is limited to and only to 1 cc and can not get AR if you get any vitality.

That is correct.

But now compare depth diggers versus rare bracers.

300 str/100 vit for dd's
330 str/200 vit for rare bracers.

That is why the inna's+rare bracers actually wins in EHP but loses in DPS.

It's also why its fallacious to compare innas vs dd's in isolation.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/20/2013 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
People still wear innas? Arent those monk pants? Newbs....
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 02:47 PMPosted by RagingKoala
People still wear innas? Arent those monk pants? Newbs....

Pls.

Baby Blues > stripper pants.

Don't like the baby blue? You can dye them to another colour in RoS.
Reply Quote
View profile
Innas provide no ventilation whatsoever, that makes them extremely uncomfortable to wear, and could produce annoying rash's and chafing that hampers your ability to perform well in combat.

DD's provide the proper air movement needed to keep you so fresh and so clean, provide minimal resistances to your movement, and look way better, I mean cmon, isn't that a rabbits foot? Who doesn't like rabbits feet?
Reply Quote
Silverfire,
I'm not wrong as that's just your opinion. Just like "Inna's are good for if you want the best pants the game has to offer, bar none.." is your opinion as well I'm not looking to debate a subject that just produces the same information. There is nothing new that can be said. I will say that your entitled to your opinion though my fiery friend.
Reply Quote
Inna's pants are biker pants. They're made out of high-quality nylon. Waterproof with good ventilation.
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Soldier
Silverfire,
I'm not wrong as that's just your opinion. Just like "Inna's are good for if you want the best pants the game has to offer, bar none.." is your opinion as well I'm not looking to debate a subject that just produces the same information. There is nothing new that can be said. I will say that your entitled to your opinion though my fiery friend.

That post was a troll through and through. Sarcasm is hard to get across the internet, especially when I'm trolling half the time and debating the other half.

I won't ever say something is always the best and mean it, ever. It's all situational.

I just have to make one post saying inna's are the best for every post that bigballer makes saying dd's are the best, for the sake of establishing balance in the universe.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/20/2013 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
oh ok. Come to think of it I think you and I have had this conversation before. And I always seem to get wrapped up in sarcasm lol

Oh well, carry on with the trolling :)
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 03:50 PMPosted by silverfire
Inna's pants are biker pants. They're made out of high-quality nylon. Waterproof with good ventilation.

Why didn't I even think of this?! I have a pair hanging up in my closet as we speak. To bad I sold my YZ426F :(
Reply Quote
"The target audience are the people who've just gotten started and better yet, are just starting to shop."

I agree that players new to the game, or players that haven't performed adequate research into game mechanics run a greater risk of wasting time/gold/money with poor gear choices. I also think that there are knowledgeable players that have pursued gear/skill choices that directly violate the listed offenses, but have managed to build non cookie cutter barbs that deliver exceptional performance...thus the "exceptions to the rule".

Aside from not researching the mechanics, I think some people try to mimic barbs they've peeked at and end up with a mess or are completely unaware that the mechanics have been cracked for our perusal. I know I've informed COUNTLESS players to "read up" and some actually heed the advice and benefit....and some do not.
Reply Quote
Yeah I like high APS setups like yours...but they lose on paper to lower breakpoint ones, and are really hard to gear properly, that's why I like them.

And of course the distinction is making the choices for your own goals because you know what you're doing versus arbitrarily picking out gear that looks cool. The main points again are a) don't waste IAS and b) don't have more slots of IAS than you need.

But mainhand EF...ughhhhh
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 12/20/2013 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oooh let's start a mainhand EF argument! Stirrer...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]