Diablo® III

SF's rant about breakpoints

I think i got my breakpoints correct. Even though i got 7 slots of APS lol
Reply Quote
Ive probably wasted IAS slots, but that's mostly because its the gear I found, or could afford on GAH.
I sold on RMAH to get gems, but never got enough to get preferences.

So in my opinion your gear is what you can get/afford, and make the most of it.

Innas were cheap on GAH and provided better stats than what I had.
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 03:52 PMPosted by silverfire
Silverfire,
I'm not wrong as that's just your opinion. Just like "Inna's are good for if you want the best pants the game has to offer, bar none.." is your opinion as well I'm not looking to debate a subject that just produces the same information. There is nothing new that can be said. I will say that your entitled to your opinion though my fiery friend.

That post was a troll through and through. Sarcasm is hard to get across the internet, especially when I'm trolling half the time and debating the other half.

I won't ever say something is always the best and mean it, ever. It's all situational.

I just have to make one post saying inna's are the best for every post that bigballer makes saying dd's are the best, for the sake of establishing balance in the universe.

Silverfire........of course everything is situational. if you need innas to hit 2.5 bp then they will better. If you crafted a 330/200 bracer sure a good set of innas can be better. The problem I have with innas is that if you can hit you breakpoints without them.....you damage and EHP is "usually" better with diggers. This has been proven time and time again. It is also the reason why almost every well gear player has them now. They know this to be true. The crafts needed to surpass digger/Lacuni(assuming your hitting bp's) is to rare. Hence why I think diggers are better on a whole. The availability is way better. Getting a perfect crafted Bracer with 6 CH and all res.....just is not going to happen. Its a dream.

I know I rant and get on a soap box about innas......its just 99 out of 100 times on high end setups innas dont pan out.
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Xyphos
I think i got my breakpoints correct. Even though i got 7 slots of APS lol

2.86/2.86, can't be helped.

12/20/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Eribuss
Ive probably wasted IAS slots, but that's mostly because its the gear I found, or could afford on GAH.
I sold on RMAH to get gems, but never got enough to get preferences.

So in my opinion your gear is what you can get/afford, and make the most of it.

Innas were cheap on GAH and provided better stats than what I had.

1.82, can't be helped.
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 09:23 AMPosted by silverfire

Huuuu….. Didn't really look into breakpoints for barb before. Having a really hard time finding a sidegrade to get that last 6% of IAS though!

Drop the average damage on your ring for it. It won't be a sidegrade. You'll never be able to go back to running on the low breakpoint you're at now, I guarantee it.

Hmmm getting roughly equivalent upgrades was impossible, so I got a simple ring for less than a mil (2% IAS more than necessary though), lost 50k EHP and around 2k dps but seems to kill faster
Reply Quote
Pls.

Baby Blues > stripper pants.

12/20/2013 02:57 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Innas provide no ventilation whatsoever, that makes them extremely uncomfortable to wear, and could produce annoying rash's and chafing that hampers your ability to perform well in combat.

DD's provide the proper air movement needed to keep you so fresh and so clean, provide minimal resistances to your movement, and look way better, I mean cmon, isn't that a rabbits foot? Who doesn't like rabbits feet?

I'll never again come to this forum while at the dinner table. I laughed so hard my wife is making me clean the mess I just made. Hate you guys lol.
Reply Quote
Ya all think gearing is seriously messed up in many cases now, just wait till RoS/loot-new.xx is live, then it'll be what many of us can just find lying on the ground. What an inefficient mess that'll be, lol.
Reply Quote
I think it's all about balancing.

My barb costed around 700mill and not many barbs have the EHP I have, with the AS that I have too.

Guides are guides. General statements like "if you use bash, u suck" is quite outrageous. I do ubers all day and if you don't have a fury gen, then you're likely not going to kill that uber faster than me.
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Ryoka
I think it's all about balancing.

My barb costed around 700mill and not many barbs have the EHP I have, with the AS that I have too.

Guides are guides. General statements like "if you use bash, u suck" is quite outrageous. I do ubers all day and if you don't have a fury gen, then you're likely not going to kill that uber faster than me.

Of course generators are good in ubers. But bash instigation certainly isn't. Go with punish.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Weegee
I use bash, therefore I'm a noob.

/sosad

In all honesty I don't know what I'm doing completely, but I do have fun :)

I use bash AND war cry, so what does that say about me? ;)

I have determined that I won't ever understand the finer points of playing a barb, so I've given up and have joined the WD bandwagon.

Plus, I hear barbs are gonna suck in RoS anyway. ;)
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Anwar

That you didn't bother to read up or seek help, which is what your second sentence confirms anyways. WD is a wonderful class, good luck with it.

Yeah, I know I was asking for it with the trollish title and tone of the op, but really all I'm trying to do is raise awareness. As I've been trying to figure out the other classes, incidentally there have been many times where I wished someone could tell me exactly what I was doing wrong, so I could do it better. Somehow it seems like a lot of people are more interested in being told that what they're doing is right rather than how to become better.
Reply Quote
"But mainhand EF...ughhhhh"

Lol...I love the baby rattle, especially when it knocks E's off my little DH buddies...and the cold SOJ is an absolute must. I guess some folks just have a higher tolerance for fearing stuff....but everything in the game should be afraid of a bloodthirsty maniac hopped up on crank.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 04:13 PMPosted by silverfire

That you didn't bother to read up or seek help, which is what your second sentence confirms anyways. WD is a wonderful class, good luck with it.

Yeah, I know I was asking for it with the trollish title and tone of the op, but really all I'm trying to do is raise awareness. As I've been trying to figure out the other classes, incidentally there have been many times where I wished someone could tell me exactly what I was doing wrong, so I could do it better. Somehow it seems like a lot of people are more interested in being told that what they're doing is right rather than how to become better.

I'm not interested in being told that I'm doing things correctly. Clearly I know I am not.

However in order to implement any suggestions that have been offered I would have to upgrade a significant amount of my gear (read: all of it) and I do not have the time nor the desire to perform the grind necessary to achieve those items. I've reached a wall with my barb - upgrades are necessary to utilize the recommendations suggested by others, but those upgrades only come via the AH and they are far out of my price range.
Reply Quote
View profile
SF, can I get some input on my breakpoints?
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 08:21 AMPosted by RagingKoala
SF, can I get some input on my breakpoints?

Yeah, they're all wrong. You're supposed to be using a stormshield in your offhand, not that noob sword.
Reply Quote
I'm not interested in being told that I'm doing things correctly. Clearly I know I am not.

However in order to implement any suggestions that have been offered I would have to upgrade a significant amount of my gear (read: all of it) and I do not have the time nor the desire to perform the grind necessary to achieve those items. I've reached a wall with my barb - upgrades are necessary to utilize the recommendations suggested by others, but those upgrades only come via the AH and they are far out of my price range.

That's a fair response. As Silverfire has mentioned, the thread isn't about beating up barbs who've considered their options, and for one reason or another, can't change. It's about guiding those who do have some choice in their gearing.

May I suggest some skill changes though, which will cost you nothing?

- Use bash:punish not instigation. It'll build fury fast enough, and if you keep punish topped up every 5s, it's a big damage bonus.

- Use battle rage:into the fray, not marauder's rage. Crits giving you 15 fury is part of the permawrath equation i.e. it makes thrive on chaos work.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 06:01 PMPosted by Anwar

I doubt they're out of your price range. Gearing right doesn't mean gearing expensive.
Reply Quote
Heya, cool thread. Can I get some feedback on my IAS? Should I drop the 7% on the gloves for more str (keep up cc and cd) which puts me at +42% skorn breakpoint? Does this take perma-wrath into account?
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 05:56 PMPosted by SilentStorm
Heya, cool thread. Can I get some feedback on my IAS? Should I drop the 7% on the gloves for more str (keep up cc and cd) which puts me at +42% skorn breakpoint? Does this take perma-wrath into account?

Yes, you got the right idea. And yes, we usually only consider wrath breakpoints. (So 42% IAS is 1.67 aps)

However, my preference is usually to put IAS on the gloves and drop it on one of the rings to make room for a hellfire, crit unity, or SoJ.
Reply Quote
12/26/2013 05:56 PMPosted by SilentStorm

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this thread based mostly on the ww/nado/hybrid builds? I see that you don't have either so the 42% is a non-factor for you. I'm a little rusty on my hota builds so this should be verified.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]