Diablo® III

Top 5 Items you cant wait to mystic in RoS

While I doubt many (if any at all) items from loot 1.0 will ever be true end game quality, the following are a few (rares only) that I cant wait to enhance through the mystic and why i think they hold potential to useful for quite sometime

1) Rare wand on male wiz Sunorc -

I see this having a great amount of potential as RoS weapons no longer roll APOC or % weapon damage.. The max 50% weapon damage would be applied to both the new lvl70 damage roll supplied by the mystic AND to the damage added with a ruby, greatly juicing its ultimate dps. Combine this with the native 97% CD roll and the apoc and I see this being a pretty nice little wand for a meteor build

2) One of rare rings on my female wiz-

Which one will be better depends on if any of the rolls were split stats (ie int and vit, or int and st), but considering the caps havent been raised for ias/cc/ or cd on rings and the sheer number of rolls on each - i see myself using at least one of these bad boys for quite a while -

3) Crafted amulet on my witch doctor

Going to throw a diamond in the socket and reroll the low dmg for either some more int or vit.. Again, with the caps staying the same on jewelry this thing could end up quite lovely - the magic find roll is the icing on the cake

4) Shield on male wiz

probably would end up ideal for a monk - but if i end up finding the ring that provides resources per blocked attack, im liking the high block%, max crit, socket, high vit, and life% with two main stats to choose from to re roll for a low 100k investment

5) rare gloves on lady wiz

this is assuming life regeneration is still considered a main stat after release, if so gonna reroll this for some fat vit..

So -- what items are you guys looking forward to juicing up?!?
Reply Quote
My own list, since I went on a shopping spree yesterday after finally finding an acceptable meteor wand.

1) My Crafted Gloves

They took me thousands of essences and millions of gold, and they deserve to be even better than they already are.

2) Ditto the Shoulders

Again, my luck achievement, I hope to re-roll that Physical Resistant to make them even more amazing.

3) My ridiculous collection of Slorak's Madness's and Rare Wands

Went on a buying spree just to have a collections of APoC wands, and for some reason bought a pile of Slorak's Wands, I hope to turn them into something more than kindling.

4) Void's Ridiculous Dagger Seriously, that thing is a beast

I don't own it, and I certainly never will, but man do I want a neato dagger to turn into a super-fast-attacking pile of damage.

Man, I love that wand Grizz, wish I could find one like that to take into RoS.
Reply Quote
Cheap Rare version:

200 Int Trifecta Glove with a spare Primary to reroll.
Trifecta rings, socket(Diamond AR) and a spare Primary to reroll
200 Int Quadfecta Amulet with socket.
Rare chest 200vit, 70AR, total 850Armor, 3 sockets plus spare Priamry to reroll to Int.
Rare legs 200vit, 70AR, total 820Armor, 2 sockets plus psare primary to reroll to Int.

Expensive long term Legendarys

Ice Climbers
Tasker and Theos,
Witching Hour
Mempo of Twilight
Manticore, 40% weapon damage, Int, 11ias, 100CD, 2 sockets.
Skorn, 46% weapon damage, Int, 10Ias, 199CD, socket

I could go on forever. Unsure if anyone will be worthwhile after a few months into ROS. But scanning the AH for cheap deals and possibly good stuff to enchant is keeping me quite entertained atm.
Reply Quote
haha im right there with you aph...

and kaniran the funny thing is I got the wand for like 5mil gold, and i feel like it will probably end up being worth more than anything i own
Reply Quote
Yeah I keep looking for items that are 1 role away from greatness now.

Hopefully Blizzard allows a level 70 mystic reroll and does not nerf it just to completely mess with older players.

I do not think you will get anything best in Slot after a few months but if they do should let you stay comfortably middle class.

As well who knows how the mystic is treating double stat Rolls do I just get a double helping of Int or Vit or a single serving and keep a lousy stat ?
Edited by LILSPARK#1354 on 12/19/2013 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Whatever i havnt sold. I'm sure there will be things. But seriously game is a faceroll with self found. Not like you need to enchant old gear let alone new gear,
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/19/2013 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Simple: my WD
Reply Quote
all my mf gear
Reply Quote
There's two problems.

One, any piece of gear you have that is borderline perfect really gets eclipsed in ROS. I'm serious. It's really hard to hold onto stuff you have in d3v when your bracers have 600 intelligence.

The exception to this seems to be rings. But again...would you rather have
80 Int
9%ias
39%CD
4.5 Crit

or

400 Int
6.0 crit
Reduce the cooldown of all skills by 6%
Regenerate 1300 Life Per Second

Especially when you consider how APS doesn't play such an important roll anymore?

Second problem: In Beta as of now, Rare weapons just DON'T roll competitively at the mystic. We're talking...900 DPS weaps with 43% Dmg Modifiers roll to 1200 after the mystic...and that's a generous roll. You may feel like that's competitive...but it's not...blue wands are on the ground with 1600+.

This phenomenon doesn't seem to hold true for Legs. I re-rolled my OS chants wand from 1150 DPS to a touch under 2,200. And that IS competitive with ROS gear.

I'm not sure if that's intentional.
Forget about your Zuni bonus. Juts forget it. My rare chest piece has over 1000 intelligence and 1200 armor when socketed with int gems. These raw stat number just tower over the mixed trifecta stats and what have you from jewelry and our current set bonuses.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/19/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Aphraell
Ice Climbers

The new ICs are boss. No jailor or frozen. Still have lots of int and res all. No need to keep old ones.
Reply Quote
@ melk

when i played beta i rerolled a buddy of mines axe with a 38% dmg modifier to like 1700 dps at level 64 I think.. I thought the rolls increased as you leveled up your mystic, but if not i think you should still be able to get a i63 to around 1900dps with 50% dmg modifier, throw a 180 min / max ruby in there and thats another 380 dps to the wand (180*1.5*1.4) -- add native 97cd with 6 apoc and it seems useable to me

and i think you are looking at the jewelry the wrong way as in ROS the gear has restricted number of primary stat rolls.. it should be more like -

would you rather have

400 Int
6.0 crit
Reduce the cooldown of all skills by 6%
Regenerate 1300 Life Per Second

or

~400 int (after mystic)
80 vit
68 AR+ (from socket)
8ias
50CD
4.5 cc
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 12/20/2013 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah Grizz that's what Jaetch was telling me about re-rolled weaps. In the current iteration of beta, it doesn't seem to be working like that on rares. Dunno if that's intentional though.

Good point on the ring.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I'm unable to roll my rare sword higher than 1300 DPS, and it has 1250 base DPS and 50% damage.

I managed to reroll my sword down to 900 DPS! Awesome.

It's the range of possible rolls. Rare items just seem to have a much lower range of rolls compared to legendaries (even a Won Khim Lau could roll into the 2K range). Not sure if this is intended or this is a bug.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Jaetch
I'm unable to roll my rare sword higher than 1300 DPS, and it has 1250 base DPS and 50% damage.

I managed to reroll my sword down to 900 DPS! Awesome.

It's the range of possible rolls. Rare items just seem to have a much lower range of rolls compared to legendaries (even a Won Khim Lau could roll into the 2K range). Not sure if this is intended or this is a bug.

Is that only in this most recent BETA build? I remember seeing at launch that your sword went over 2k dps?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Yes, the current beta.

Considering all the one hand 70 weapons dropped from 3K down to the 2K range, I guess it sort of makes sense that all the legacy level 63 ones collapsed as well. It just doesn't make sense that legacy level 63 legendaries can still roll to level 70 ranges without issue. I mean, rare level 70 one handers can still touch 2K damage, just not often (mostly in the 1.6-1.8K range, still better than legacy ones by far).

Maybe I will ask about this.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping Bliz gets its !@#$e together and doesn't allow the Mystic to change the level of the gear. That is, level 65, say, gear, remains level 65 after you use the Mystic even if you're level 70.

That'll fix so many potential issues and allow for a real gear reset.

If they do that, we'd be using the Mystic initially only to get the higher Int/Vit rolls we can see on the PTR.
Reply Quote
I got this wand for cheap.

http://imgur.com/ga5z1I6

It's ilvl61 though. So my question is if my character in ROS is Lvl70, the rolls i get from mystic will it still be limited to the ilvl of the wand? I understand that ilvl61 model has lower base to begin with but how about the rolls? I am hoping it rolls according to character level.
Reply Quote
I'm a little curious to see if the Fragment of Destiny wand has the potential to be re-rolled into something usable. The 25% cold/fire/lightening damage seems pretty substantial add the 30% spectral blade damage and you could make a build around that wand,

It's ilvl 60 and dps is so low, I'm skeptical as to weather or not it can be rerolled much higher but I got a couple near perfect rolls for a few hundred k just to test out.
Edited by Ley#1310 on 12/24/2013 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
legendary items have the biggest potential when using the mystic. I was able to make a mediocre 1375 DPS Skorn into a 2550 DPS one (including 220 damage ruby)
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Jaetch
Yes, the current beta.

Considering all the one hand 70 weapons dropped from 3K down to the 2K range, I guess it sort of makes sense that all the legacy level 63 ones collapsed as well. It just doesn't make sense that legacy level 63 legendaries can still roll to level 70 ranges without issue. I mean, rare level 70 one handers can still touch 2K damage, just not often (mostly in the 1.6-1.8K range, still better than legacy ones by far).

Maybe I will ask about this.

please ask. i hope they don't nerf mystic again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]