Diablo® III

Top 5 Items you cant wait to mystic in RoS

how about ya wait til march and worry about it then (aka july)
Reply Quote
I rerolled the dex on gloves to 300+ vit, and have not been able to find anything that is an upgrade yet.
Also have a tri BT cross that I was able to reroll 400+ int (forget what stat I replaced) and am still using that as well

All other gear has been replaced with mystic adjusted rares
Reply Quote
I'm trying to understand the mystic better. If I have a very nice CC/CD/IAS/Socket ammy that lacks Mainstat but has a tiny amount of Life Regen, given that Life Regen is a 'Primary attribute' in RoS, does that mean I can Mystic that Life Regen into up to 500 Mainstat?

Because if so, I need to take this into account as I clean up my stash.
Reply Quote
#1 My Meteor Mara's

#2 The 402 dps, 50% wp damage, +99% crit damage, +OS, + 11% ias, + 698 loh, +148 intelligence dagger i have in stash (also have another dagger in each primary stat of about same quality for re-roll)

#3 My IAS chantodo will with near perfect missing 1% weapon damage reroll

#4 My near perfect OS chantodo will

#5 46% crit damage -4 meteor skullgrasp I nabbed (strength roll, but primary stat doesn't matter anymore with paragon)

#6 My Apoc chantodo Force ( best avg damage -5 meteor force with apoc in NA)
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Valmont
If I have a very nice CC/CD/IAS/Socket ammy that lacks Mainstat but has a tiny amount of Life Regen, given that Life Regen is a 'Primary attribute' in RoS, does that mean I can Mystic that Life Regen into up to 500 Mainstat?

Yes. but the socket come ros would be more usefull if the ammy also had rolled all resist to pair it with a diamond.
Reply Quote
Thanks Harrowing. I guess I need to do a big spring cleanup of my stash and mules with the Mystic in mind.
Reply Quote
My 1100+DPS wand with CD apoc maxap and socket
Reply Quote
I just have to say that I am more than a little ambivalent about all this talk of what is good to get now to take into RoS.

On the one hand I'm all for getting as much of a leg up going into RoS as possible, but on the other, it almost seems to create a sense that I'll be missing out in RoS if I don't go to the AH and gear up NOW with stuff to re-roll.

While i'm as attached to my gear as the next guy (or more), I'm starting to look forward to a no-pressure fresh start where what drops is what I get.

I guess we'll see what happens in a few months.
Reply Quote
A cheap open socket Andariels Visage(most are super cheap, as low as 100k) will carry over and enchant well into ROS. Comes standard with 8-9% Ias, 4.5 CHC,160 main stat and regen to reroll into a primary.

You can reroll the Primary stat of regen to either 300+ Vit, AR, Armor or %Skill damage. Or you could reroll the INT to 300+, maybe even higher.

Preferably find one with low(5-7) % Fire damage taken.

Rerolling the regen alone to AR makes it comparable to a 4.5CC Mempo.
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 02:18 PMPosted by mvhrad
I just have to say that I am more than a little ambivalent about all this talk of what is good to get now to take into RoS.

[/quote]

Its really all just about getting a little bonus at first. Some enchanted legacies are still useable at 70, but none are BiS. A decent high end RoS char will want special legendary effects on all his gear.

But yeah, by pushing mandatory 'secondary affixes' on the new gear and nerfing non-retroactively things like IAS and PickUpRad values in ROS they did increase the longevity of some current gear. But despite this, current gear will be outclassed soon enough.
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 04:03 PMPosted by Valmont
current gear will be outclassed soon enough.

... this is what i'm hoping for. Thanks for commenting and giving me something to look forward to.
Reply Quote
02/02/2014 04:03 PMPosted by Valmont
But despite this, current gear will be outclassed soon enough.

Yea I agree with this completely but some Legacy items will be 100% useable until you pretty much replace it with that BIS item at level 70 or a very good Rare that has been enchanted.

Considering you can get a Chest with Main stat, 250-300Vit, 70+ AR, 12% Life and 3 sockets in D3L and reroll the Main stat to 300+ now makes this a comparable item in ROS until you find a Legendary upgrade, since a ROS item will be limited to a max of 4 Primary's.

It pretty much lets you skip farming certain items and lets you jump into Torment+ as soon as you hit 70. You will replace it in time, that is fact. But finding that replacement quickly or early on is all dependant on RNG. Plus I want to pimp out a level 60 wizard and leave him in my OP enchanted level 60 gear for nostalgia.

Just remember items that have sockets, %Life, %Elite damage scale well with ROS. SOJ being a major one early on that with a simple enchant become very powerful in ROS. Also items that roll Skill reduction(eg: -5 to Arcane Torrent) do not roll anymore in ROS.

The best thing about ROS is none of this is necessary and will only give you an early advantage, for those who don't do this it isn't really going to effect you at all over time.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 2/2/2014 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I only have 3 nice items ready for mystic so far.. ammy + 2 rings.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aw3s0m0-1140/hero/38762484

ammy = -29.5k dps atm, but +60.4k dps after mystic (+89.9k dps)
ring1 = -3.1k dps atm, but +70.0k dps after mystic (+73.1k dps)
ring2 = -6.2k dps atm, but +64.4k dps after mystic (+70.6k dps)

total = -38.8k dps atm, but +194.8k dps after mystic (+233.6k dps) ';..;'

but im still looking for better ammy/rings, so please pm me if u have one for sale, thanks.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11423782798
Reply Quote
Trifecta Tasker & Theo.
Socket it with a diamond for AR, reroll the dex for int.
Too bad it won't have a huge increase to elemental damage like magefist or frostburn.
Reply Quote
there are a few i've stashed:

1) 6%/24% lightning and 40% weapon damage WKL, with a socket and a 60% crit damage.
2) excellent WD's rare knife with 50%WD, 807LoH, 94%CD, 10mana regen/sec and OS
3) all-known near percet 1,65/49%WD/OS/10apoc/196int OS Chant's Will.
4) 6% ele Tal's amulet, with 9CC, 63CD, 16% life, 210int/122vit. Not perfect, but definetely difficult to beat.
5) pleathora of OpenSox offhands (my wd's 9,5CC Zuni, oculuses and tal's), most with near top no-reroll-needed stats

there's more of course, but more like a special selection and items that are already decent enough and can get a bit better.

the pieces, where i see little reason to "hold": boots, shoulders, bracers and pants. belt depends on how well a witch will hold and 8/6/10apoc Crow can take some time to beat aswell. Some current chest's can also hold its line pretty well, especially elite DR ones (7% elite DR will beat any AR/armor roll at l70).
Edited by highq#2314 on 2/3/2014 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 01:36 AMPosted by KevinHZH
Trifecta Tasker & Theo.
Socket it with a diamond for AR, reroll the dex for int.
Too bad it won't have a huge increase to elemental damage like magefist or frostburn.

far as I know tasker will be useless in ros, cos u can only get 135 max on primary stat (+280 from gem)
http://www.tinyurl.com/TASKERBS

02/03/2014 02:14 AMPosted by highq
3) all-known near percet 1,65/49%WD/OS/10apoc/196int OS Chant's Will.

do u know if chant wand can roll higher dmg than other lvl60-63 rare weapon cos its legendary? cos otherwise any rare weapon with high cd/ias, weapon dmg % + os should be much better for dps. (wish I had mystic access)
I also bought cheap chant wand like yours(just in case) but I don't except it to turn into some godly weapon in ros.
Reply Quote
from my experience, yes, legendary have higher rolls than rare. It's actually the same with any other roll, even statrolls roll higher on legendary.
But +0,25 flat boost is the thing that makes the difference, as it's equivalent to nearly 18% IAS roll.

Echo would be mightier actually, but it can roll upto 40% WD, so there's a bit of a gap, CD/OS Echo will probably be great statboosting offhand (because there's no flat APS bonuses any more); but sadly not for wizards.

i do have a couple of 46%+ weapon damage, 90%+CD, high loh, OS rare weapons to play at mystic, but from what i've seen, these weapons top out at around 1750-1800 deeps, plus IAS roll might add a bit and may get to around bit below 2k deeps.
i'll try how far my 48%WD, 10%IAS dagger goes, but i assume it's too much to hope for it to get over 2K.

actually a question: what will happen to items, which has 2 damage rolls. like +xx minimum (or maximum) and min-max roll (any elemental)
For example, i have an a axe with: +29 minimum, +294-528 Fire Damage rolls. Could you reroll this Fire damage at all?
Edited by highq#2314 on 2/3/2014 4:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2014 03:59 AMPosted by highq
For example, i have an a axe with: +29 minimum, +294-528 Fire Damage rolls. Could you reroll this Fire damage at all?

yes u can, friend tested one for me ~5hrs ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]