Diablo® III

Why Path of Exile is trash compared to Diablo 3.

90 Orc Rogue
PoE is gaining more and more players every day since it was released, Diablo 3 has been losing more and more players every day since it was released
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I won't say PoE is a terrible game; clearly it has a following, however, I couldn't get myself to enjoy it. The so-called talent tree that adds diversity was nothing but a bunch of passives slapped together. The economy felt a bit... odd. Animations felt stilted.
If you really want to see an ARPG with build diversity, take Titan Quest as a shining example of it.

However, what really did it in for me with PoE was the strange de-syncing. Eventually I couldn't put up with it.
Reply Quote
PoE has some big flaws ( try to 6-link a item, trade, desync), but it's far better than PaytoWinblo 3.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
D3 has no end game.

/closed
Reply Quote
There is some stuff i don't like about Poe compared to D3.

- Combat is clunky
- game is to complex so it made me feel i would have to devote too much time to it
- hard to be self found. Not trading is like shooting yourself in the foot.
Reply Quote
@ DeathOrGlory

You could have saved yourself a boatload of time by simply stating that you don't like PoE because it's too difficult for you, and demands that time must be spent in order to understand the game.

It's a hardcore game, designed to test the best ARPG gamers out there. There's no shame in not being one of those elite few. Those same people dislike D3 for the same reason you like it; because it's very simplified and easy to learn.

People need to be more honest with themselves and accept their limitations.
Reply Quote
The complaints against PoE explains the existence of Diablo 3 in its current state. The target audience is casuals. That's all that has to be said.

PoE is too hard to play and learn for some. I have both, I've played both a lot. I want RoS because it's going to fix what they're doing to vanilla, but I don't really like what's happened to the game. I just can't trust blizzard to not strip content from RoS in the next expansion.

Observable trends and predictions:

Inferno locked to level 60. Inferno has monster power 1-10.
Expansion: Inferno replaced by torment locked to 70. Level 60 vanilla players screwed over.
Next expansion: torment replaced by some other lame difficulty, locked to level 80. All RoS gear gets nerfed (like now with 9% IAS gloves reduced to 4%) and all good gear drops in the level 80 exclusive difficulty.

It's no way to grow a player base. It's more like shooting yourself in the foot, with a nuclear missile. I hope this company dies because of this, and reboots as a humble indie company working on diablo4, being overseen by members of blizzard north.

As for my view on PoE, I love the summon system. It isn't exactly easy, but it's fun and with enough work it's viable. And now there's that epic new summon skill that lets you turn gear into a summon. You can feed it more gear as well! It's like a refined version of diablo 2's iron golem.
Reply Quote
"POE is what D3 should have been"

Heard that before? That's because it's correct.
Have not heard that before? Then you're living under a rock.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Archangel
All of you talking about how great PoE is...

Yet here you are instead of playing it.

Guess it's too difficult for you too.

Obviously this. I mean, it's not like anyone ever owns more than 1 game at a time or compares them on each others forums or anything. Shame on all of you. Who could conceive such an idea as to play both PoE and Diablo3 and post on the forums of both? It's probably physically impossible, actually.

Srs: The end game of any unfinished product is the forums. I'm still enjoying both D3 and PoE, I'm just yet to reach the forum end-game of PoE because the in game play is still enjoyable.
Reply Quote
MVP
12/23/2013 04:52 AMPosted by TheSaint
Seriously dude, don't post a book, if you can't work out specifics without telling a tale about your life story, I'm not going to read it.

So what you're saying is it's too much work to try and counter argue everything point by point the more specific someone is?
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Reply Quote
Actually POE is a better game than D3, D3 has no depth at all, everyone uses the same items (mempos. vile wards etc) and after inferno is just endless grinding. only people with OCD still play the game.

hope this changes with 2.0.1, i still have some hope in the D3 team and id like to play both games a lot,
Edited by acid8000#1473 on 12/23/2013 8:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
12/23/2013 08:28 AMPosted by TheSaint
A) Combat isn't clunky, the reaction time between click and skills getting fired off is far quicker, and less frames are used to execute the move, hence the appearance is clunky, but is far more exact then Diablo 3's. Why? Because the movement, like walking/running/casting/missiles and more are all significantly more slower, I would estimate the base moment speed is at least double maybe even triple in D2, that goes for missiles etc.

That is not why the combat feels clunky.

It has more or less to do with 3 things working in tandem.

1) The enemies in PoE doesn't seem to be affected by a hit.
2) Nothing is over exaggerated in PoE like it is in D3.
3) Spells don't sound like they hit an enemy.

You can take an incredibly slow class like the Crusader and not make the combat feel clunky just be exaggerating to the player that their hit actually landed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_basic_principles_of_animation

D3 does this well which is why the combat doesn't feel clunky. However, PoE doesn't really animate with any exaggeration which is why it feels so out of place.

All of these practices apply to game design as well.
BattleTag: Drothvader#1215 | Twitter: @Drothvader | Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Drothvader
"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! But here's my BattleTag! Add me maybe? O.o
Reply Quote
A) Combat isn't clunky, the reaction time between click and skills getting fired off is far quicker, and less frames are used to execute the move, hence the appearance is clunky, but is far more exact then Diablo 3's. Why? Because the movement, like walking/running/casting/missiles and more are all significantly more slower, I would estimate the base moment speed is at least double maybe even triple in D2, that goes for missiles etc.

So, you either have the choice of looking like an astronaut fighting on the moon, or moving like a regular person would move till the frames get broken up between each animation, I know you might think I am full of it, but I have been looking at break point speeds for years, I can even tell when a person is using client side break point modifying scripts because their bodies twitch a bit more in what you would call clunky, because there are frames being stripped out of the animation sequence I can recognize in a fraction of a second. It's why combat in D3 is so annoying to me, because everything feels like I am fighting on the moon. It's why I can barely play, because I feel like I am killing things far too slowly.

+1

I'm glad somebody else gets it.
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Razors
PoE is gaining more and more players every day since it was released, Diablo 3 has been losing more and more players every day since it was released

I dont know where you have been getting this information because poe is becomming a ghost town even Athene himself has said this.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure every PoE players would like to play D3 if it was better and more complexe.

I'm pretty sure every D3 players woudl like to play PoE if it was more "shiny" and more simple.

We got 2 games destined to 2 differents type of players. Both players type would like to play with the other type but they can't because of what seems to be personnal reasons.

PoE want players to make choices and think about their builds

D3 want players to have "fun" the simplest way possible with no consequence in their players choices.

Now, for myself, I like both games but I wouldn't call Diablo 3 a Diablo game. It's to different in so many ways, the dev teams has chosen another path that is way off the Diablo route. It's a great game, just not a Diablo game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]