Diablo® III

Why Path of Exile is trash compared to Diablo 3.

12/23/2013 04:44 AMPosted by DeathOrGlory
GGG even offers to give your skills more fancy effects to you...FOR REAL LIFE MONEY!....

Stopped reading here,

idiot forgot to realize he had to hand blizz $60 before he could even play Diablo 3. Dumb post is dumb.

edit: Where some posts in here defending d3 and saying poe is trash saying poe you gotta pay for some animations. First off the game is free. D3 isn't. As far as I'm concerned anything you pay for real money in PoE isn't game breaking at all. It's just flash. Is that what you kids are all !@#$ing into today? Did you know Diablo 3 for REAL money you could just buy the best item possible when the Auction House was high and live and defeats like you know... any purpose of any kind of gaming? Some of you are so delusional to even defend and make up your own analogy when Blizzard even stated the AH hurt the game(D3) and you completely deny it.

PoE has more skills and builds and combinations hands down than Diablo 3 ever will.

^Say whatever you will about this, it's nigh impossible to disprove
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/1/2014 9:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 10:55 AMPosted by DrothVader
You know D3 does the exact same thing right?

All non character assets are all 2D sprites. The trees, the buildings, the floors, the backdrops... all of it is 2D.

No they aren't. I can give you a link to a video showing you they aren't. Sprites don't rotate and make shadows based on dynamic lighting like that. You need a depth dimension to make that happen. Unless you're saying these sprites are so complex and eat up so much memory and computer power and some new paradigm of new technology has never been heard of before. That you know, rotation of a scene and level video of D3. Yeah that makes sense it's 2D..... not. /sarcasm.
Reply Quote
12/30/2013 05:06 AMPosted by DeathOrGlory
I play All Points Bulletin: Reloaded.

It is a F2P, pay to win third person shooter. With a far more advanced sense of progression, regardless of the games gameplay and leveling design. They are both F2P, hence they can still compete here.

Here's the funny part.

It offers me the option to buy helpful accessories, to make my experience of the game become better, and more fun.

In PoE, I have the option to buy.....animations.

Animations.

Wow. Much buy for good crap yes ?

Uh, no.

See, you ask, whats the connection ? The connection is that Path of Exile demands exuberant prices for ingame animation effects, which is something that the game is meant to have in ALPHA STAGE, and even demands money, for, get this: avatars for the forums profile picture options. Wow....fail.

APB, offers, at some nippy high prices, USEFUL ingame items, options to make my gaming experience more fun, gives me more time to work and hence spend more money on the game, and Diablo 3's ingame auction house, does the same.

This children, is a method we old timers call: pulling a Capcom.

Are you serious? You can't be serious... I really can't tell if you're being serious, or legitimately trolling, but I'll just assume you're serious due to the amount of effort.

Well, if anything, I'm amazed to see that people against PoE can't even come up with intelligent reasons why. Please, if you in any way agree with that... response above, just stick to D3. I really doubt with that kind of "mindset" that you'll make it too far in PoE.
Reply Quote
Lol you people have no clue what your talking about.. ive played both til endgame.. PoE has way more depth and feels more like Diablo 3 than Diablo 3 itself... yeah it might lack polish for some people because they are not high budget company.. but gameplay and deep mechanics make up for it.. like lol.. d3 is tottaly dumbed down version of diablo.. i mean 4 active skills, really? might as well play moba games lool... and few people who were laughing about selling skill effects.. are these people retarded, all f2p games monetize themselves via cosmetics and shiny swag what kids like..

i agree with this Razors guy..People talk about PoE without knowing anything about it.. i wonder if this person who posted this fanboy post.. even played PoE til endgame lol...

well !@#$ happens when d3 devs aren't the same people who made d1-d2:lod

Oh did i mention, that i died in hardcore on Normal level5 there already(PoE)? meanwhile snowballed til Hell act II in d3...

They essentially are both hack n slash.. choose whatever you like...
I just like dat PoE gore and cold,dark feel.. reminds me more d2:lod than d3.. i don't even remember if D3 even have Skeletons
Reply Quote
Hahaha.. this guy is funny.. made my day... ever heard of f2p game monetization called cosmetics and eyecandy? it's the same as buying alt avatars in Moba games.. u dip!@#$...

some idiot d3 fanboys are angry because d3 population decreasing and PoE rising...

Stats don't lie, just do some research "d3 is the best game"-fanboys...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/23/2013 04:44 AMPosted by DeathOrGlory
I am a Diablo 3 fanboy

Reply Quote
diablo Arpg
poe aRPG

can we stop comparing different stuff?
Reply Quote
AS much as i love both games (put over 1000 hours into poe and a couple hundred in diablo 3) the only reason i played poe so much was because of ladders the end game of PoE is a unbalanced mess armor is virtually useless energy shield is always the way to go and unique's are broken compared to rare's. the only thing i actually was a bit fun in poe besides the ladders are the new ubers the ubers in diablo 3 are kinda fun but they are not anything special.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:51 PMPosted by Nyx
Lol you people have no clue what your talking about.. ive played both til endgame.. PoE has way more depth and feels more like Diablo 3 than Diablo 3 itself... yeah it might lack polish for some people because they are not high budget company.. but gameplay and deep mechanics make up for it.. like lol.. d3 is tottaly dumbed down version of diablo.. i mean 4 active skills, really? might as well play moba games lool... and few people who were laughing about selling skill effects.. are these people retarded, all f2p games monetize themselves via cosmetics and shiny swag what kids like..

i agree with this Razors guy..People talk about PoE without knowing anything about it.. i wonder if this person who posted this fanboy post.. even played PoE til endgame lol...

well !@#$ happens when d3 devs aren't the same people who made d1-d2:lod

Oh did i mention, that i died in hardcore on Normal level5 there already(PoE)? meanwhile snowballed til Hell act II in d3...

They essentially are both hack n slash.. choose whatever you like...
I just like dat PoE gore and cold,dark feel.. reminds me more d2:lod than d3.. i don't even remember if D3 even have Skeletons

you saying you died on level 5 on normal in poe shows you are really !@#$ing bad at PoE i have yet managed to die every before level 50 and my hardcare characters survive till the end of ladders always. does not change the fact that some mobs in poe instant gib your character(i avoid them mostly) and that unique's are stupidly overpowered compared to other items. the end game of poe is boring the only fun thing right now are the ubers.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:54 PMPosted by Nyx
Hahaha.. this guy is funny.. made my day... ever heard of f2p game monetization called cosmetics and eyecandy? it's the same as buying alt avatars in Moba games.. u dip!@#$...

some idiot d3 fanboys are angry because d3 population decreasing and PoE rising...

Stats don't lie, just do some research "d3 is the best game"-fanboys...

poe's stats are rising but also decreasing because most do not stick to it for long since it's end game is broken to hell. the only reason people come back and go away is because of a fresh start with ladders.
Reply Quote
I don't want to pay to make an ugly game pretty.

Thats the conclusion I came up with after almost completely maxing out my witch and marauder.

It has its ups, but it would randomly lag for no good reason, the marketplace is not really that functional in my opinion. Not that it matters, I just think the rune system in Diablo 2 was a lot better.

Ive been playing for over a year, maybe two now I don't know, and its just not worth it.

What is the point?

There is no experience to be gained as the game is incomplete, and lacks any proper playable hierarchy.

The people that support this game tend to be those willing to spend more time than necessary to get their character maxxed out, ONLY to say they did it. End game? Sure the puzzle mazes etc are cool, but I just don't find it fun.

I loved diablo back when it was first out and inferno was almost impossible.
But POE actually makes it impossible, such as when there is disabled magic use, or no life leech etc.

You call that requiring tactics, but honestly in a system like POE there would be nothing you can do if your build is based on the mechanic.

POE is not a new and advanced mechanic game, its just a more difficult continuation of diablo 2 with less story, and worst of all, less dynamic. What I mean is, YES there is a lot of variation, but there is no cross ability between skills, passives, or the classes. its linear.

This is simply my opinion. You do not have to agree, but I feel nothing I have said is wrong. This is just an experienced players information being brought to the table.

In the end it could have potential, but its currently a game built to never be finished in order to get money from those that wish to flourish their accounts. Its a trap for hardcore players, seeking the glory that was Diablo 2.

Diablo 3 is not terrible and I do enjoy it a fair bit. I even tried the console version and have to say its pretty fun. The thing is, it just needs revitalized, something to make replay ability infinite. It needs mystery one way or another.
Reply Quote
POE is not for everyone, this days a really hard game like POE it's not welcome.
Reply Quote
POE is gay.
Reply Quote
What aspects?
Maybe you could explain to us like DeathorGlory did.
By the way, are you really sure that POE crushes Diablo 3?
I ask u again...ARE YOU?
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Razors
Lol what? PoE is a far superior game in so many aspects

Whats sad is it is a free game by an indie company and it crushes Diablo 3 which is made by a multi-billion dollar company

What aspects?
Maybe you could explain to us like DeathorGlory did.
By the way, are you really sure that POE crushes Diablo 3?
I ask u again...ARE YOU?
Reply Quote
I don't know if it popular than Diablo 3 or not but i can say one thing for sure: Skill and item customization in PoE are better than Diablo3 and that's a only reason why i still play PoE over Diablo 3.
Edited by Copsychus#6482 on 4/29/2014 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was thinking of getting into PoE. A friend of mine just started, hes like level 13. I cant help but feel like your opinion is biased, but im hoping at least some of the stuff you said is true so i can use this as a legitimate method of obtaining any information about this game at all. You really cant change skill trees? Thats the only reason i wanted to play it. I had an !@#$%^ when i saw the passive skill tree. If its true that i get one shot with speccing it, then screw it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]