Diablo® III

Any one have a gg calamity?

12/26/2013 11:02 PMPosted by wrayzee
What does the Marked for Death on the skill bar give me besides 20 or 30 seconds of 12% damage bump instead of 2 or 3 second event life? Does "affects every single enemy that you hit" mean 100% proc?

I actually found the Calamity on the PTR. It is 100% proc rate and marks literally everything you touch, including the spray from spray of teeth which has no notable proc at all. This means all turret runes can proc mark as well as the splash damage you get from your inherit 20% and +Area Effect damage.

Depending on which mark rune you have on your bar determines the type of mark the new Calamity will place on the target. If you have valley of death on your bar, then the new Calamity will drench the screen with valley of death only, same with grim reaper, mortal enemy, etc. Mortal Enemy on higher torment levels will allow you to receive astronomical hatred regeneration, same with death toll and the life return you'll receive. Spitfire turrets also procs on ME and Death Toll, further making any one of these marks ridiculously good for whatever your needs may be. You can even choose not to put mark on your bar and still get the 20% damage buff on every target and free up a skill on your bar.

12/26/2013 11:02 PMPosted by wrayzee
This is a small bump to the least important reason to own a Calamity. I already mark 49% and a significant percentage of those marked die within the 2 or 3 second event life we currently get. If they live on they get another mark quite quickly. Better, yes. Panic sale better? Doesn't look like it to me right now.

As stated above, there's a tremendous difference between the old Calamity, which is proc based, and the new Calamity, which is 100% guarantee mark. Not to mention, unless you're planning on playing on a low difficulty level (masters and below), you will NOT be killing things in 2 or 3 seconds before moving on, so yes there will be a huge difference for you between the old and new Calamity.

I do agree that people might be selling top Calamities prematurely (somewhat), as chances of you finding a new Calamity (and a good one) in patch 2.01 is going to be extremely rare, and GG Calamities and Manticores are going to hold some relevance while leveling to 70 in RoS and even a little bit while at level 70 with mystic reroll, until you find a feasible replacement (unless they recently "hotfix'd" the reroll on weapons).

To each his own though. I never put that kind of value on my items, so i couldn't careless about what they are "worth" and what happens to them monetarily.

P.S. I was dual wielding the Old and New Calamity. Pretty kickass, eventhough the roll on my new Calamity was absolute crap :P
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 12/27/2013 12:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Not to mention, unless you're planning on playing on a low difficulty level (masters and below), you will NOT be killing things in 2 or 3 seconds before moving on, so yes there will be a huge difference for you between the old and new Calamity.

Well now, that is a horse of a different color. Yeah, if easy kills is a thing of the past then gearing for easy kills is a thing of the past too.

If you have valley of death on your bar, then the new Calamity will drench the screen with valley of death only, same with grim reaper, mortal enemy, etc.

IIRC tool bar Marked for Death:Grim Reaper would only draw one effect radius on the ground at a time. With longer monster life do numerous effect radii paint the ground red? Sounds messy.

chances of you finding a new Calamity (and a good one) in patch 2.01 is going to be extremely rare,

I've dropped 7 or 8 Calamities in about 3.5K hours of play.I sold at least 4 of them at AH for their scrap value because I couldn't bring myself to brim a Calamity. Most I ever sold one for is about 5 mil. Best one I dropped is on my own-found toon atm.

If legendary drop gets harder w/ RoS I don't imagine even loot 2.0 is gonna make it more likely that decent Calamities show up faster than near-geologic time. Guess we'll find out in a few months.
Reply Quote
12/27/2013 01:28 AMPosted by wrayzee
IIRC tool bar Marked for Death:Grim Reaper would only draw one effect radius on the ground at a time. With longer monster life do numerous effect radii paint the ground red? Sounds messy.

Yep, all of the grim reapers on each individual target will overlap. It's really neat. Valley of death will paint the ground on the enemy it hits, so it does look really messy. IMO, valley of death is the worse rune to use with the new Calamity.

12/27/2013 01:28 AMPosted by wrayzee
I've dropped 7 or 8 Calamities in about 3.5K hours of play.I sold at least 4 of them at AH for their scrap value because I couldn't bring myself to brim a Calamity. Most I ever sold one for is about 5 mil. Best one I dropped is on my own-found toon atm.

If legendary drop gets harder w/ RoS I don't imagine even loot 2.0 is gonna make it more likely that decent Calamities show up faster than near-geologic time. Guess we'll find out in a few months.

Also have to keep in mind there are a ton of new legendaries being introduced to the pool of current items. This means the chances of you finding a specific item you really want will be pretty difficult still.

Nice find on your Calamity. I've only found 2 of them, and both were utter crap lol.
Reply Quote
Nice find on your Calamity. I've only found 2 of them, and both were utter crap lol.

Thx. Btw for comparison the own-found Calamity loses 82k DPS to the best Calamity I could buy at RMAH.

My own-found toon as currently posted is legally entitled to wear the shoulders, ammy, gloves, and bracer on my current 1st team toon. A quick comparison of in-game tool tips suggests this would add nearly 60k to her paper DPS. So the ability to play AH and RMAH has enabled about 180k improvement of paper DPS in the approximate 3k hours I've played the AH/RMAH.

Thx for the heads up on what is coming in 3 months.
Reply Quote
i am well aware of how the new calamity functions. but i am also aware that i will not get it right away, hence why i was looking for a gg calamity atm to simply test calamity builds. the one i got was alright, but as was pointed out to me, currently, my build is geared towards a manticore build, i have no avg dmg on my amulet, and just need more avg dmg in general to fuel the calamity build in order to get the edps higher than my current setup with my manticore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]