Diablo® III

beta key ("invites") waves

does anyone have an idea regarding scheduling for this? is it daily, weekly, monthly? i've never played a blizz game other than those in the diablo series, so i'm not sure how it works. right now, i just wake up every day with crossed fingers. if i knew the schedule, i'd only have to cross my fingers every so often.
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 12/18/2013 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
that feel....

i've had countless sleepless nights since F&F beta launched. swear bliz was trolling when i saw Beta (RoS) on my download apps only to find out it was just PTR. F*%#$ very much! :D
Reply Quote
believe "in waves" in a weekly event, but could be wrong.

Just check your email once a day.

Look out for websites/streamers with beta keys to pass out, or for X contest.
Edited by Wootytooty#1203 on 12/18/2013 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
So disappointed I check my email and I got my email from blizzard I've been waiting for. Execpt it's for heathstone. :( cruel lol
Reply Quote
same for me..received heathstone too on today.

:(
Reply Quote
I was not reading anything official but it seems like it will be very limited. I don't think many more people will get keys unless they see a need for more testing. I really hope I am wrong because I too got trolled by hearthstone lol.
Reply Quote
most def hand cramps. 72-80 tomorrow! (maybe more if people come back to vanilla for the weekend.)

:D
Edited by ButteryNugs#1889 on 12/20/2013 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
i kindly ask all of you:

- why are u disappointed that u dont have the beta?
- are you paid to be beta testers? It is normally paid job!
- are there additional benefits to do tests for blizzard and report to them?
- do u realize that whatever you achieve in the beta, will be deleted in the final release? U will have to start from scratch ...

looking forward for your reply

thx in advance
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 05:32 AMPosted by hANNO
i kindly ask all of you:- why are u disappointed that u dont have the beta?- are you paid to be beta testers? It is normally paid job!- are there additional benefits to do tests for blizzard and report to them?- do u realize that whatever you achieve in the beta, will be deleted in the final release? U will have to start from scratch ...looking forward for your replythx in advance

People are disappointed for many reason not getting Beta, especially here in WD forums, they want to contribute some meaning feedback about the game. Some may want it to experience something different from the grind now, some want to play around.

At the start of Beta, most players that were streaming were using this opportunity as a playground to see new content and or gear.

No its not a job, though some streamers count on donations on their streams as a job and or supplementation to their income, some use those donations for charity, so this newly added experience like ROS beta brought many new viewers to their site which did increase the donations to them.

The responsibility of the Beta tester "should be" to test mechanics of builds in the environments given, to discover bugs and report back to Blizz.
Also to test Gear and damage modifiers, hence that's why Crushing Blow and splash damage is being re-looked at.

TBH I'm kinda surprised your asking these questions, this kind of thing is true for all Betas and PTR's for pretty much all PC games.

As far as being reset on all your progress and losing gear, well that's the point...Beta is testing...everybody should understand that all gear and or progress disappears at final release.

Like I said before players in Beta should be testing not playing around.

Edit:...why don't you spend more time giving constructive feedback to the game instead of posting more non-productive and irrelevant posts like I have been seeing.
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/20/2013 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
So disappointed I check my email and I got my email from blizzard I've been waiting for. Execpt it's for heathstone. :( cruel lol

At least you got Hearthstone... I have been signed up for both for a long while and haven't gotten either! Maybe my pre-order will change that...
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 05:32 AMPosted by hANNO
i kindly ask all of you:

- why are u disappointed that u dont have the beta?
- are you paid to be beta testers? It is normally paid job!
- are there additional benefits to do tests for blizzard and report to them?
- do u realize that whatever you achieve in the beta, will be deleted in the final release? U will have to start from scratch ...

looking forward for your reply

thx in advance

-Because I would like to test the game and see what the WD class is capable of. In doing so I can report back to the community so they have a better idea of what to expect.
-My time isnt always worth money. I play a game because I enjoy it, and I want others to enjoy it as well. If I can contribute to other people's happiness, the !@#$ do I need to get paid for?
-Possible tweaks to the game which will make it a better end product is the benefit; the player community vs. the devs community dont always see eye-to-eye.
-Who cares? I played the PTR for about a week, reported the bugs I ran into, and now have a better idea of the items I will be seeking in RoS. I probably gained a good chunk of exp (like 75% of plvl 175), but I knew it would get wiped clean. The knowledge is what is important, not that you get reset.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]