Diablo® III

RoS digital costs $45 AUD [UPDATED 28/1]

Scroll down for the latest update

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/

Then click on the pre-purchase banner.

$55 AUD standard digital
$75 AUD digital deluxe

I was expecting it to be around $45 at worst (including the exchange rate) for standard digital. WoW expansions were never this expensive and the exchange rate was worse than it is today.

RoS is going for $40 USD which at the current exchange rate ($1 AUD = $0.88 USD) should cost us $45 AUD.

D3 vanilla digital is still sitting on $55.

Sure it's only a $10 difference but is it really worth $55? For me, hell no. Much of the changes like loot 2.0 and mystic should have been there from the start. 1 act, 1 class, level 70 and only a small amount of end-game content is more akin to $20 DLC, not a $55 expansion.

UPDATE: December 19

AUD prices have been cut down to $45 standard and $65 deluxe, in line with the exchange rate. Blizzard got caught out trying to overcharge?

Buying in USD still not an option so for those with Blizzard credit in USD, no dice.

Still, my gripe with the minimal amount of content remains.

UPDATE: January 23

Prices have reverted - it's now back up to $55 standard and $75 deluxe. Any explanation for this flip flop?

D3 vanilla still costs $55.

Buying in USD still does not work.

UPDATE: January 28

Prices back down (again) to $45 standard and $65 deluxe.

01/27/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Thank you for the post all, this is actually an issue with the store showing the incorrect price. The price should be AUD $44.95 standard and $64.95 deluxe. We are investigating this issue and have updated on the store. In the mean time for the people who pre-ordered RoS at the incorrect price can contact customer service in order to address this discrepancy.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 1/27/2014 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Especially seeing as how the front page has the US pricing at $39 ... we click on it and it jumps to $55?

Time to change my address I think ;)
Reply Quote
Maybe the extra $10 is going towards them putting some diablo servers here in Oz :)
Reply Quote
Prices are crazy ---> paying that much for gameplay with 300ms and hardly any content ----> modern day theft IMO
Reply Quote
Rats. Can't use my US Bliz Bucks... not even by gifting :-(

Looks like I'll be checking out the retail CE for RoS.

Spectral Hellhound looks interesting.
Edited by Mugsy#6765 on 12/19/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
JB sure are quick to getting this listed...

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/pc-games/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls/690936

I'd personally pay the extra few dollars and save on the download bandwidth.
Reply Quote
absurd prices.
Reply Quote
This makes me so mad. I cant use my USD Blizzard balance (that took me 6 months selling !@#$ and made $62USD) to purchase RoS. Does anyone know if the AUS RMAH is alive? Might try and see if i can sell gold but i doubt it...
Edited by RaPsKa#6802 on 12/19/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
On an unrelated topic . . . Has someone been screwing around with my monitor or are this looking a bit grey in the forums?
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 01:59 PMPosted by BlindFury
Has someone been screwing around with my monitor or are this looking a bit grey in the forums?

Yeah, not a fan of the new RoS theme for the forums but it's the least of my worries.

(that took me 6 months selling !@#$ and made $62USD

Now if you just double those figures, you'll be feeling my pain ;-)

Don't think the AUS RMAH is all that alive. And cost of gold on AU RMAH has historically been higher than on the US RMAH to so you may not get the $55 Bliz Bucks needed to get RoS.
Reply Quote
Deleted
Edited by Drathnaar#6800 on 12/20/2013 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is where I will be at - unless JBHIFI come up with a better offer

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-157818-Diablo-III-Reaper-of-Souls-Collectors-Edition-PC

JB have noted that their price is only an indication and may sell for less come release date
Reply Quote
(that took me 6 months selling !@#$ and made $62USD

Now if you just double those figures, you'll be feeling my pain ;-)

Don't think the AUS RMAH is all that alive. And cost of gold on AU RMAH has historically been higher than on the US RMAH to so you may not get the $55 Bliz Bucks needed to get RoS.[/quote]

Mugsy

Double Pain! "* Darth Vader Nooooooooo"

Yeah might have to investigate other avenues to get rid of my USD balance
Edited by RaPsKa#6802 on 12/19/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've personally already preordered the Digital Deluxe version of ROS.

Though I'm also amazed at the price discrepancy between US and AU. Anyone from Blizzard care to supply us why the huge variation in prices?
Reply Quote
Considering that we will know one or two weeks before the release date I will make my decision then.

If the choice is between a digital download or one in the Australian shop that employees of Australian workers I will spend the blizzard tax in an Australian shop to support the Australian economy.
Reply Quote
and another thing that is annoying me a little bit

So you mean to tell me on the Standard Edition you don't get extra player spots?

I play Sc and HC and I also like to have a toon of every type in both areas.

So that means I am forced by the Deluxe Edition if I want to enjoy the full experience of the game?
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Lameduck
So that means I am forced by the Deluxe Edition if I want to enjoy the full experience of the game?

Also prices the game @ the point where they used to be... $100 a game as opposed to the current $50

I will only get benefit from the game content, mousemat (hopefully a decent one),receipe's and toon slots.. but will pay all the same
Edited by NickBaldyM#6414 on 12/19/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

At this point in time yes.

RoS forum theme is now active haha, thought my eyes were deceiving me...
Reply Quote
and another thing that is annoying me a little bit

So you mean to tell me on the Standard Edition you don't get extra player spots?

I play Sc and HC and I also like to have a toon of every type in both areas.

Blizzard stated ages ago that ROS would come with 2 new character slots(Male/Female Crusader).
I'm pretty sure the Deluxe version just gives you an extra 3 on top for a total of 15.

Think of them as spare Stash tabs.....
Reply Quote
I will get the CE (I don't want to have to download it) also I need a new mouse mat, the kids trashed my last one.
But $90, I hope there is some price wars going on & those helms are usable from lvl1 and viable at lvl 70.

Looks like JB have the CE for $88
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/pc-games/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-collector-s-edition/697372
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]