Diablo® III

RoS digital costs $45 AUD [UPDATED 28/1]

Diablo® III:
Reaper of Souls™
Digital Download

AUD 54.95 Standard Edition
AUD 74.95 Digital Deluxe Edition Learn More

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls?utm_content=12-19-2013&utm_medium=blog-posting&utm_source=internal-d3site&utm_campaign=d3x-presales
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 12/19/2013 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm a bit disappointed that I can not use my US battle.net balance to by the game. I have two accounts and had enough in each to buy RoS. Ah well I guess I have some gold to spend before the AH shuts down.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Oakover
I'm a bit disappointed that I can not use my US battle.net balance to by the game. I have two accounts and had enough in each to buy RoS. Ah well I guess I have some gold to spend before the AH shuts down.

Can you cash out your Blizz balance to a PayPal account?
If not maybe you will need to buy gold then sell it again and put into Paypal. You will be hit by blizz tax, but at least you will get some real money to use.
Reply Quote
Would have to buy gold and sell it to Paypal. I guess if gold goes up in value that might be worthwhile. But it might be more fun to get myself that crit mempo I have put off buying :)
Reply Quote
Has anyone raised a support ticket for not being able to purchase RoS using $US blizz bucks? I was planning on doing this.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12/19/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Poinard
Has anyone raised a support ticket for not being able to purchase RoS using $US blizz bucks? I was planning on doing this.

It's normal. Always been like that. They won't change it.
Reply Quote
Was looking forward to this DLC but I refuse to buy anything with "Straya Tax" included.
Reply Quote
ooooo the forums has changed into RoS theme!
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Narull

Thanks Narull,

Guess I will wait for all the CE retail prices
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Poinard
Guess I will wait for all the CE retail prices

$89 @ Ebgames on their facebook page
Reply Quote
Really PI$$ED off with the $10 additional cost for a digital download. Particularly when its advertised here and on FB as $39 US.

Is there any reason for this additional cost for AU users?

I think I'm gonna wait till it hits the shelves to purchase now.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Narull

Always? I was able to purchase Cataclysm and SC2: HotS in USD. I had the choice to buy in AUD but chose USD because it was cheaper.

Right now, JB Hifi sits at $45 (including delivery) which is the cheapest price. If I end up buying RoS (at this stage I'm holding out because of the lack of content), I'll be buying from them.

12/19/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Azza2k

Same reason for everything we buy - it's called the "Australia Tax".
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 12/19/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
No local servers for Oceanic + the higher cost for an expansion that only is truly a patch ( 1 class and 1 act isn't worth a expansion) the rest of the content should've been in since day 1.

Blizzard are greedy pigs and I'm not going to give them anymore of my cash. I've had enough with this gaming company as a whole they can go diaf for all i care now.

/spit
Reply Quote
Ebgames has the pre-order for $89.95...well basically $90.

But the 3 extra character slot really gets me and the fact that there's WoW and StarCraft crap to go with...COME ON Blizzard we DON'T NEED WoW or StarCraft extras...WE NEED Diablo goodies NOT other battle.net games stuff.

I wanted to get angel wings since I missed out on CE last time.
The extra goodies for RoS isn't all that great.
To be perfectly honest this is the greatest disappointment in a CE.

I don't mind a new mouse pad and I don't really want a Behind the scenes DVD.
Artbook is just another piece of junk for me...sorry to say but I really have no use for it.

The only thing useful for me is Extra character slots and game exclusive helm and weapon-transmogrification recipes.
But I wish we had more extra game stuff.
Now I'm pondering which to get the CE or just Standard since I really don't know about the extra character slot since it would seem unfair if only CE get 3 slots and SD gets only 2.
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Hypersonic

Always? I was able to purchase Cataclysm and SC2: HotS in USD. I had the choice to buy in AUD but chose USD because it was cheaper.

Right now, JB Hifi sits at $45 (including delivery) which is the cheapest price. If I end up buying RoS (at this stage I'm holding out because of the lack of content), I'll be buying from them.

12/19/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Azza2k

Same reason for everything we buy - it's called the "Australia Tax".

Yep, I did the same back when HotS was released and bought it with USD. So if we can't spend out USD, wtf is the good of it? Blizzards just going to keep everyone's money?
Reply Quote
Expansion Set
Diablo® III:
Reaper of Souls™
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
AUD 44.95 STANDARD EDITION
AUD 64.95 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION Learn More

I just got this page? did it change?
Reply Quote
12/19/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Narbe
Expansion Set
Diablo® III:
Reaper of Souls™
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
AUD 44.95 STANDARD EDITION
AUD 64.95 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION Learn More

I just got this page? did it change?

I got that as well. I wonder if those in the EU got the same treatment as they are complaining about the overcharging. Still cannot buy in USD though.

I'll update the OP.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 12/19/2013 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bloody hell....

I bet get a refund.
Reply Quote
I have put in a ticket

7hrs

no answer at all
Edited by ZacAus#6462 on 12/19/2013 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Very much doubting that we can buy in USD guys... I couldn't do that with Heart of the Swarm when it came out and they seem to have got rid of the option to gift it using US Bliz Bucks too.

But if anyone finds out how to do it, please post as there are many of us who no doubt wanted to use our Bliz Bucks to get RoS and didn't realise they were selling on the US RMAH until it was too late.

I'm hoping Blizzard reads this and gives us the option to port our US Bliz Bucks to AU ones at least.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]