Diablo® III

cheapest upgrade I could make to my wd?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bucs55Brooks-1354/hero/33654182

unbuffed i have 64.7k life 3865 armor and about 928-1000 all res.

any tips appreciated!
Reply Quote
I would replace the frog with a good serpent and then replace
your bracers and add some pick up radius to them everything
dies within 7-10 yards with cob anyway.
Reply Quote
But I use thing of the deep for gruesome feast
Reply Quote
Did you read what I said with cob everything dies within
7-10 yards so add pickup radius to your bracers. I run with
7 yards on my bracers and my gruesome feast is almost always
at 5 stacks. You will gain a lot of damage with a good serpent over
the frog also plus elite damage, its worth it.
Reply Quote
Hmm gotcha. Ok thanks. Any other opinions?
Reply Quote
You might wanna try a black weapon, since you have +14% elemental damage.
P.S. I would love for you to try a John McKay character, I'm all for it.
P.P.S. Maybe you can ask blizz for a creamsicle dye for ros.
Edited by Dhard#1472 on 12/18/2013 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. A better Unity Ring (higher CD)
2. A Black weapon (Axe, Spear or Sword)
3. Serpent / SoS mojo if you can get PUR at other gears.
4. Try your luck to craft Bracer and Glove, to have better stats and cheaper upgrade.
5. Max out all the possible CC slots (6% Zuni Vision and Pox)
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Dirk69
Did you read what I said with cob everything dies within
7-10 yards so add pickup radius to your bracers. I run with
7 yards on my bracers and my gruesome feast is almost always
at 5 stacks. You will gain a lot of damage with a good serpent over
the frog also plus elite damage, its worth it.

It's not exactly the easier thing to craft a good item with pur. And if u buy bracers u will lose out in the dps from good crafts which makes the point moot.

Serpent is good for dps but a frog has max mana and mana regen which u wont find both on a serpent. If u are able to get pur on a peice of gear than upgrading ur frog could be a decent idea and a serpent could add dps.

U also have to take into consideration ur aps and if u need the max mana and mana regen. If u will have mana problems without the frog then everytike u go out of mana ur not doing dps and sheet dps doesn't matter at that point.
Reply Quote
He's not using crafted bracers anyway so that point is moot. Also his frog
has very low average damage you could easily get a serpent with 2 more crit
chance and 50-80 more average damage with 10-12 mana regen which would
give him quit a bit more damage. He only has attack speed on his belt so mana
management shouldn't be a problem. Also with your crit chance that high most
likely you'll gain damage swapping your weapon gem to an emerald. Also he stated
cheapest upgrade swapping out half your gear is not cheap.
Reply Quote
Also with your crit chance that high most
likely you'll gain damage swapping your weapon gem to an emerald..

was this directed at me? because using an emerald in a mck will almost never yield u better results regardless of cc. and for the sake of argument the ruby is about 6-7k more dps than emerald for me.
Reply Quote
@ Evolution No it wasn't directed to you, if you look at his profile he
has high crit chance with low crit damage so there's a very good chance
he might gain damage if he swaps to an emerald. I was in the same boat he
was a while back and I gained almost 4k damage. You would lose because
you already have higher crit damage.
Reply Quote
i was looking at some nice serpents that increased my life & dps but i lose max mana & mana regen =/
Reply Quote
you have a pretty similar setup to what i do. i have a few things swapped atm - but usually am around 166k with 500ehp. works very well for mp5 runs, and up to mp8 in a group (I swap hellfire for another ring, and grave injustice for jungle fortitude). I have 0 mana issues.

i used to use zb, but like cob much more. and same with locust - i just dont find the need for it. on mp5 runs, you are pretty much perma spirit walk so locust aggro isnt a big deal. and for mp8 (for me) - random public games dont move as fast as you'd like so you arent gaining anything by being way out in front.

also i'd say that if you are gonna run with blackthorne pants, you should be in the higher range of vit / int. on them. yours look relatively avg. try looking at innas pants and see what they do for you
Edited by OmegaRed#1562 on 12/20/2013 5:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
By far the cheapest upgrade would be rare pants. I grabbed mine for 50m. They would add over 5% DPS with 54's socketed. EHP would be about a wash with more mitigation and less life. Life though, is easily added by simply leveling.

I 100% agree with upgrading your mojo. The easiest option would be simply upgrading to a better TotD. It is true that you can get away with just +7 PUR if you only run CoB, but I like the build flexibility the TotD offers. It also helps a lot if you run pub games, because of the frequent lack of organization.

Your Unity could be a lot better, but that is not going to give you the same bang for the buck as the other two changes above.

Your WH belt would be a good place to add more DPS as well. Your resists are already sky high, so you wouldn't miss the +28 on your current WH if you could trade that off for another 70 intel.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
Crafted some nice bracers & got a slightly better body armor. At 201k DPS now. Could probably still use slightly more survivability. Price is No longer an issue. I have been trying to craft better gloves. Any tips appreciated
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]