Diablo® III

Found Buriza on PTR.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dlsuax.jpg

Not sure why is it fire damage? Shouldn't it be cold.

Anyway tried the bola build and it was pretty viable in Master.

I also tried Impale and it seems to work on the last rune Ricochet.
Reply Quote
Fathom, so Richochet pierces and further Richochets? :) Like that of Shatter Shot of EA?

Regarding the FIRE DAMAGE, it no longer rolls Cold Damage in a mandatory manner. I think even Manticore doesn't roll Poison always.

EDIT: why do people post in tinypic? why not imgur? >_<

EDIT:
Test if Sentry fire pierces also :3 PLEASE!
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 12/22/2013 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
BUT it SHOULD roll as COLD

It's called a Blizzard Cannon...

why does it not to roll cold by default...

It should also add damage to cold skills...

or make frozen arrow do something crazy...
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 12/22/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
D2 Buriza-Do Kyanon wasn't known for it's cold damage, that was quite minimal. though it did have +3 Freezes Traget

it was known for Pierce most of all and (something people must be forgetting?)..
it was EXTREMELY FAST 80%ias! by default the thing shot at 1.78 APS
(also was only lvl 42)

it certainly has viable numbers for master PTR (then again lots of stuff is fine as that is kinda easy).. the question is if you chant the damage over 2,200 dps and hit Torment IV with it will the pierce and freeze make up for where it is missing in speed and damage
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/22/2013 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
D2 buriza was known for fury werewoof druids using it as a melee weapon because of the ginormous increased attack speed to reach max frames.
Reply Quote
Hey Fathom. I think you just became Mightilybix and I's wet dream. We've wanted to know how buriza was on ptr since it went live. Good to hear that you tried to Bola setup. In case you didn't do the full test check out the variety that Mighti did in his post (link can be found in mine - mp4 buriza bola dh).

He has some ideas and we have some updates on running with teams etc.

57% is not the best chance ever, but damn it looks pretty beautiful still!
Reply Quote
Fathom, Buriza-Do Kyanon is a romanisation of the Japanese pronunciation of Blizzard Cannon. It is a legendary Ballista which also found in D2. It suppose to deal cold damage.

If you have time, kindly report it in the PTR bug report. Thx.
Reply Quote
I just tested the Buriza + Free Impale combo build i had with some splash damage and let me tell you its AWESOME. Deals huge damage and acts like 2 Impale runes, Ricochete + Over penetration + the splash on everything else and spammable. I am very much liking this combo
Reply Quote
Impale sounds interesting for sure, but how about the more obvious one, perhaps? Have you tried it out with Hungering Arrow -> DA rune? Does the piercing chance stack and allow for better chances to have the HA damage increase with each successful pierce?
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Tanakeah
Impale sounds interesting for sure, but how about the more obvious one, perhaps? Have you tried it out with Hungering Arrow -> DA rune? Does the piercing chance stack and allow for better chances to have the HA damage increase with each successful pierce?

Before then, the Pierce Chance where not stacking. However it may seem to warrant a test now as there's a quiver that specifically gives 20% more Pierce for HA.
Reply Quote
12/22/2013 06:33 PMPosted by Cameo
Fathom, Buriza-Do Kyanon is a romanisation of the Japanese pronunciation of Blizzard Cannon. It is a legendary Ballista which also found in D2. It suppose to deal cold damage.

If you have time, kindly report it in the PTR bug report. Thx.

Yeah funny thing was the bow was surrounded by icicles so weird to have fire damage.

12/22/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Chrizzle

EDIT:

Nope.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 06:10 PMPosted by fathom

though the Rockets will crit (reset SHSH) proc buriza freeze.. I didn't once see them pierce either :(

cept for some insane bola stacking in dense crowds I have a 74% and am not impressed :( not even with impale [ricochet has a bit of a mind of it's own sometimes = buggy?]

tried chain gang hoping in groups of 3 they'd compound stack the freeze.. nope nothing insane

hunger arrow was ok I guess. maybe if we can get it to 95% effective maybe, i'm at ~4 hits per shot if I don't hit a wall so it isn't worth it ST and only 10 yard splash

thing could be better, @70 compared to the 3k needs like 2200 at least and needs setup with mob density.
has potential with better play style
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/24/2013 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
zoid, is the a cooldown for piercing on Buriza? I've always thought it had one.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 07:07 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
zoid, is the a cooldown for piercing on Buriza? I've always thought it had one.
I tested dozens of normal shots and never got a pierce @1.1aps twice in a row after watching dozens of shots. statistically it's not due ot chance

I moved up to 1.72aps and it still would at most proc every other normal shot.

if I could move up to 2.01 aps (don't have the ias) than I could see if there is break over to every 3rd shot)

a 1 sec cd would not surprise me,

Hunger arrow pierce distribution is extremely erratic IMO suggests it's native proc is independent from that CD and thus complicates evidence
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/24/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]