Diablo® III

I don't understand how to "pre-download RoS"

Is there somewhere we can pre-download RoS? It said somewhere that I could when I purchased it digitally.

Or will we automatically download all of RoS when the pre-expansion patch goes live? That would make sense, but you never know...

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/02/2014 10:35 AMPosted by HarkuBass
Is there somewhere we can pre-download RoS? It said somewhere that I could when I purchased it digitally.

Or will we automatically download all of RoS when the pre-expansion patch goes live? That would make sense, but you never know...

Thanks in advance!
yep it will automatically download all the files you need.
Reply Quote
All done automatically with the Battle.net launcher.
Pretty sure all of Blizzards (edit:newer)games work that way now.
Edited by Rolly#1354 on 1/2/2014 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
You can download it from 'battle.net' just as if you purchased any game from there.
Reply Quote
Wait so if I buy ROS I can play the ROS PTR (up to level 70?).
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 11:08 AMPosted by cann

Nope you can't. You need RoS beta for that.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile

No you cannot. The OP is talking about how to get the encrypted files that come out a few days to a week before game release so that he is ready to play on release day. The downloader will take care of it for him.

To play the RoS Beta you need a beta key which is not part of the pre-purchase.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 11:13 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The OP is talking about how to get the encrypted files that come out a few days to a week before game release so that he is ready to play on release day. The downloader will take care of it for him.

So do you reckon it will come with patch 2.0? Obviously you can't play RoS features until RoS is released, but since Patch 2.0 and RoS run off the same client, I'm guessing you basically pre-download RoS when you download 2.0?
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 05:34 PMPosted by HarkuBass
The OP is talking about how to get the encrypted files that come out a few days to a week before game release so that he is ready to play on release day. The downloader will take care of it for him.

So do you reckon it will come with patch 2.0? Obviously you can't play RoS features until RoS is released, but since Patch 2.0 and RoS run off the same client, I'm guessing you basically pre-download RoS when you download 2.0?

Patch 2.0 change only the loot system plus paragon. Not sure if I am forgetting anything else.

Patch 2.0 do not hold content for crusader/act V/mystic/movies/sound/etc... So you still need to download those. For example, if you got RoS beta then you have to download additional data because the public PTR do not have those data.

I assume that public PTR will be the same as patch 2.0 and beta RoS same as day one RoS.
Reply Quote

No that requires being in the ros beta.
Reply Quote

They could just give us 2.0 without the ros content in a patch.
Reply Quote

Most likely. It's the way they did Heart of the Swarm and the WoW expansions. Since you will be able to see RoS characters and gear in multiplayer games you'll need their graphics. It makes no sense to maintain two entirely different game packages.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Zymurgeist
Most likely. It's the way they did Heart of the Swarm and the WoW expansions. Since you will be able to see RoS characters and gear in multiplayer games you'll need their graphics. It makes no sense to maintain two entirely different game packages.

That's what I think, since PTR and RoS Beta are also in the same client. But I see no confirmation from blues or anything so I am still not sure how it will work.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Not yet! The exact date that the predownload will start is still TBD, but we're targeting this month if all goes well. Note: this download will begin automatically (meaning, you shouldn't need to do anything special).

Similar to what we've done with other games, the pre-expansion patch (2.0.1) will contain all of the expansion data that's on the normal disc. So, for players who don't predownload, they'll basically get everything that's available whenever they patch up to 2.0.1.

Caveat: Expansion-only content like the Crusader, Act V, and Adventure Mode won't be playable until March 25th and only players who purchase Reaper of Souls will have access to them.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 04:31 PMPosted by Lylirra
Similar to what we've done with other games, the pre-expansion patch (2.0.1) will contain all of the expansion data that's on the normal disc. So, for players who don't predownload, they'll basically get everything that's available whenever they patch up to 2.0.1.

Any more information when patch 2.01 will go Live. Will it simply be a precursor to the AH going down and be ready for ROS the week after.

Or will it be playable on Live prior to the AH going down? I'm not after dates just wondering if its before/after Ah removal.
Reply Quote
Well, I give them one day for maintenance after the AH closes, and then six days of people posting that they need their bnet money. I hope it just all goes smoothly. Nice to see a blue on this. A lot of people (myself included), thought that after purchasing the expansion we could download it to be ready for March. Alas, not so.
Reply Quote

Not yet! The exact date that the predownload will start is still TBD, but we're targeting this month if all goes well. Note: this download will begin automatically (meaning, you shouldn't need to do anything special).

Caveat: Expansion-only content like the Crusader, Act V, and Adventure Mode won't be playable until March 25th and only players who purchase Reaper of Souls will have access to them.

How bout a comment on this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11040734565?page=1

Or this one: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10786718998?page=1
Reply Quote
You could just buy a LOT of diablo gold and then figure out something to do with it, wink wink.
Reply Quote

I don't believe we have heard anything about those who pre-order physical box pre-loading RoS?

Assuming no cd key available until release day that is.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 07:10 PMPosted by Plaguebone

I don't believe we have heard anything about those who pre-order physical box pre-loading RoS?

Assuming no cd key available until release day that is.

Everybody will preload it even if you don't buy RoS. It's automatic when you start up the battle.net launcher. The only way you could avoid preloading it is to never start the game between pre-patch and launch day. The key just lets you turn on the RoS content on launch day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]