Diablo® III

Best place to farm for Set items(UnderGeared)

I seem to be under geared for my WD 73.6k damage and 75k hp, when I mean under geared I tried Master 5 it was a quick death, Master 3 I seen a slow death, Kind of put off on Master difficulties atm.

Farming on Medium diff atm, would Hard difficulty's items be about the same or better cause I just can't reach that 100k damage once I get there I think I can go back to Master's Difficulty then ??

Any good Act's or place that might have higher chances on set items, any help is very much appreciated
Reply Quote
well act 3 is the best act to farm... start the act by lighting the signal fires all the
way to kill stinky pants Ghom...do it over and over, u will have leg drops, when
u get better u can go all the way to kill Azmo
Edited by EvilClown#2599 on 1/2/2014 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
38 Human Hunter
well act 3 is the best act to farm... start the act by lighting the signal fires all the
way to kill stinky pants Ghom...do it over and over, u will have leg drops, when
u get better u can go all the way to kill Azmo

This is one of the better routes. Run it on M1 a few times, then move up to M2. It's a pretty smooth transition between the two master levels.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
01/02/2014 07:15 AMPosted by Fiend
Farming on Medium diff atm, would Hard difficulty's items be about the same or better cause I just can't reach that 100k damage once I get there I think I can go back to Master's Difficulty then ??

Easy/Medium/Hard does NOT change your loot chances at all. Only M1+ does. If you can't handle M1, just stick to Easy for speed's sake.

Don't worry about dying instantly on M5, even geared out people can only take a few hits. It's all about avoiding and timing your skills on M5, which is a big change in the way you've played the game for the first 90% of the game.

If you wan't to speed things up, run with some friends. Most of the people on here and the reddit D3 forum are very helpful in game. Running with a party of 4 greatly improves your drop rates. And you'll find a lot more patterns/mats to craft some upgrades to hold you over till your legendaries drop.

There are plenty of PSN or GT threads, just add some people and hop into their game. There are even a few guilds you can join. It seems scary/awkward at first, being under-geared and noobish, but most people are more than happy to help out.

And again, don't worry about dying on M5, everyone expects you to.
Reply Quote
Why go from Medium to M5?

That's like going from running against your friends in the weekends, to running against Usain Bolt in the Diamond League.... you'll get your !@# handed to ya BIG TIME.

Work your way up... just set it on M1, and try to get to 150k (Minimum) before trying M2.
Its all about perseverance and if you stick enough time and effort into it, you WILL find better gear and nice upgrades.

Some pieces will boost you 20k-50k at a time.

Also, it might be good to keep certain pieces in your stash, which at first weren't viable for what you are using.
You might end up changing your mind on those pieces, because you found other stuff that works great with them!
Reply Quote
2 words. Exploding dogs
Reply Quote
Sir I believe that is 3 words and a number
Reply Quote
anywhere is pretty much game, but act 2 vault of the assassins and dalghur oasis and act 3 is pretty good.
Reply Quote
Set items also do not seem to drop until you get some paragon levels on you.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 07:20 PMPosted by pots420
Set items also do not seem to drop until you get some paragon levels on you.

That's just been you being unlcky.

one of my first lvl 60 Legendary was a Green.

It was Blackthorne's..... but still a Set item.
Reply Quote
Thank you all for ur reply's. I have been farming ACT1-3 on Master1 after 17 runs had 2 legend drops. I'm wondering if to high of a MF could be the problem. My MF and Followers + paragon and stack of 3 valor in total of MF 404% and just having 2 legends.

Cause I can't be that unlucky in the game, from the start of the game when my MF was 60-70% was getting 2-3 legend drops and that was from easy,normal,hard,nightmare, from all those difficulties I have over 50 legends. Or bottom line is that I'm just having a very unlucky week
Reply Quote
Just remember that luck can change at any moment.

Some days, I play for 5-6 hours, and the moment I think to myself: I'm stopping in 20mins or so, that's the moment I start getting Legendaries, and get 5-6 in a matter of 30-40mins.
Reply Quote
01/03/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Fiend
Thank you all for ur reply's. I have been farming ACT1-3 on Master1 after 17 runs had 2 legend drops. I'm wondering if to high of a MF could be the problem. My MF and Followers + paragon and stack of 3 valor in total of MF 404% and just having 2 legends.

Cause I can't be that unlucky in the game, from the start of the game when my MF was 60-70% was getting 2-3 legend drops and that was from easy,normal,hard,nightmare, from all those difficulties I have over 50 legends. Or bottom line is that I'm just having a very unlucky week

Yep your just not having luck when this happens. Happens to me sometimes I get no drops after 2 or 3 hours on m5 inferno with paragon 55, it's just all random, but increasing mf does definitely help.
Reply Quote
Medium to MP5?

Crawl before you walk.
Reply Quote
There is this guy named fiveonethree he introduced to me this AWESOME act 3 farming route and I'm paragon level 22 and I get like 5-10 legends a run seriously! Look up on YouTube act 3 farming route and you should find it its really good for leveling and looting legendaries
Reply Quote
I'm on Master III on the PS3 and have 90k dps and can manage just fine...it's challenging but at least not boring...at 75k dps I could farm Master II...
Reply Quote
View profile
Yhorn Profile
Yhorn 80 Undead Priest
Drowning Phish
266001/02/2014 07:15 AMPosted by Fiend

Easy/Medium/Hard does NOT change your loot chances at all. Only M1+ does. If you can't handle M1, just stick to Easy for speed's sake.

Don't worry about dying instantly on M5, even geared out people can only take a few hits. It's all about avoiding and timing your skills on M5, which is a big change in the way you've played the game for the first 90% of the game.

If you wan't to speed things up, run with some friends. Most of the people on here and the reddit D3 forum are very helpful in game. Running with a party of 4 greatly improves your drop rates. And you'll find a lot more patterns/mats to craft some upgrades to hold you over till your legendaries drop.

There are plenty of PSN or GT threads, just add some people and hop into their game. There are even a few guilds you can join. It seems scary/awkward at first, being under-geared and noobish, but most people are more than happy to help out.

And again, don't worry about dying on M5, everyone expects you to.

Good advice, thanks. First time I've read anyone to come out and say that the Master levels aren't the easiest thing EVER.
Reply Quote
Ya they aren't easy whatsoever I still die to elite packs with reflects because I only have 3% life steal really annoying cause I find them everywhere
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]