Diablo® III

Fixing my DH with 150mil

Let me know if this is a feasible amount. Take a look at my gear I guess. New build, etc. whatever I need.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes it's fixable. What you need to do is focus on ehp. with 150m you can fix this but you are not going to make any dps gains and may have to lose some to get balanced. from what i can tell you made the mistake to chase dps and neglect ehp. ehp is in itself a factor to true dps. being able to tank or survive close calls reduces the time of kitting or restarting from deaths.

send me a FR if you would like me to help you find items. I just don't have the time atm to write details on what you can do to fix it.
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 09:59 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
Yes it's fixable. What you need to do is focus on ehp. with 150m you can fix this but you are not going to make any dps gains and may have to lose some to get balanced. from what i can tell you made the mistake to chase dps and neglect ehp. ehp is in itself a factor to true dps. being able to tank or survive close calls reduces the time of kitting or restarting from deaths.

send me a FR if you would like me to help you find items. I just don't have the time atm to write details on what you can do to fix it.

I'm on right now if you or anyone wants to help.
Reply Quote
Get a Vile Ward with 200+ dex and some vit, should be really cheap

Craft or buy bracers with high dex (200+), vit, all res, and crit chance. Again shouldn't be very expensive if you choose to buy instead of craft

Grab an Inna's temperance with either 150+ vit or 150+ dex and 50+ vit. Theoretically you'll get more stats out of vit but you may not need such a high vit roll if you kite

Replace your helm with a mempo that has a dex/vit or just dex roll. You'll lose some CC but the EHP you again and the socket will give you either more xp or more life. This should be a fairly cheap upgrade

Swap your oculus ring with a nat's reflection or any rare ring with as many damage affixes as possible. Rings have so much damage potential so you don't want to waste rolls on EHP stats (theoretically if you had a lot of money you can get EHP and damage since there are enough affixes to hold both but that's way too expensive). If you go with Nat's ref you can change your cloak for an Inna's chest and your belt with a witching hour. For Inna's just try to roll as much dex and vit as possible and for witching hour look for high crit damage with as much dex as possible. All res or vit on the witching hour are luxuries but if you find them for cheap go for it

Replace your DML with another one that has at least 250 dex and a good skill modifier. High Vit is nice but don't break the bank to get it

Craft a good amulet. Most amulets are ridiculously expensive so you might as well just craft.

All the upgrades I listed above should be really cheap. Obviously if the difference between two items is like 20 vit but one costs millions more don't go for it. Good luck with your upgrades!
Reply Quote
12/24/2013 12:47 PMPosted by TheArbiter
Get a Vile Ward with 200+ dex and some vit, should be really cheap

Craft or buy bracers with high dex (200+), vit, all res, and crit chance. Again shouldn't be very expensive if you choose to buy instead of craft

Grab an Inna's temperance with either 150+ vit or 150+ dex and 50+ vit. Theoretically you'll get more stats out of vit but you may not need such a high vit roll if you kite

Replace your helm with a mempo that has a dex/vit or just dex roll. You'll lose some CC but the EHP you again and the socket will give you either more xp or more life. This should be a fairly cheap upgrade

Swap your oculus ring with a nat's reflection or any rare ring with as many damage affixes as possible. Rings have so much damage potential so you don't want to waste rolls on EHP stats (theoretically if you had a lot of money you can get EHP and damage since there are enough affixes to hold both but that's way too expensive). If you go with Nat's ref you can change your cloak for an Inna's chest and your belt with a witching hour. For Inna's just try to roll as much dex and vit as possible and for witching hour look for high crit damage with as much dex as possible. All res or vit on the witching hour are luxuries but if you find them for cheap go for it

Replace your DML with another one that has at least 250 dex and a good skill modifier. High Vit is nice but don't break the bank to get it

Craft a good amulet. Most amulets are ridiculously expensive so you might as well just craft.

All the upgrades I listed above should be really cheap. Obviously if the difference between two items is like 20 vit but one costs millions more don't go for it. Good luck with your upgrades!

Kind of clueless since I haven't played in 9 months. What skills should I change to adapt to this gear?
Edited by Derek#1199 on 12/24/2013 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Generally any build will work. Very common abilities are shadow power - gloom, vault - tumble, nightstalker and rapid fire fire support or bombardment. Smoke screen isn't used much any more since life steal with high dps is basically god mode. Nightstalker gives insane amounts of discipline, especially with high crit chance. Some people choose to use preparation -punishment in combination with nightstalker to create a resource feedback loop. The build I have on my DH doesn't even run a generator because ball lightning generates so much discipline that I can continually cast prep. Up to you how you want to play your DH though.
Reply Quote
And I think you overlooked his Manticore that adds INT :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Phew...I posted my RoS prep thread. Okay where am I here? Hey there random stranger! (>^^)>

You may find some useful information in my gearing service here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10261776447

post#5, the underlines are the breakpoints for non-bombardment runes you can take a look at along with gearing for those particularly breakpoints.

1.67 aps breakpoint (RF all runes)
11 ias manticore -> at least 37 ias on gear
20 ias quiver
9 ias inna's temperance
8 ias mempo

10 ias manticore -> at least 38 ias on gear
add 1 ias to above

You can also post in here instead of the DH forums for help from the community.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10859285880

From what I see at the moment, you definitely need more eHP. This is relatively an easy fix, but not easy if you want to aim for a high DPS.

TheArbiter got down the basics for you. I'll just add on a bit from here.

- 20 ias deadman's legacy w/ RF crit chance. You could go for max discipline instead of the dex/vitality roll.

- more vitality in your natalya's embrace

- both rings don't need ias in it. Litany of the undaunted or unity w/ crit damage can be used instead of your oculus ring.

- Vitality, all resistance, or life% in your inna's favor.

- strongarm bracers w/ 220+ dex/vit and be used instead of your lacuni prowlers.

- more vitality in your natalya's bloody footprints.

- more vitality in your inna's temperance (must be 9 ias).

- 11 ias manticore w/ dex and 80% crit damage. If you get 2 socket manticore, try to get 40%+ weapon damage and put marquise ruby/radiant star emerald or something similar.

Try using bola shot -> volatile explosives in your build and maybe replace sharpshooter to perfectionist if you feel that you need to be more tanky.

I hope this helps! <(^^<)
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 12/24/2013 6:01 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]