Diablo® III

Nyan god-mode build in RoS

12/28/2013 12:12 PMPosted by zoid
with NS we don't even need to hit those reduction% values and could do it

There goes NS, bye bye

And then they will remove Smoke Screen because that already removed 1 sec form that rune, removing another 1 sec will remove the skill.

Hey, they will give you shadow wall, maybe...
Reply Quote
the only thing that needs a *nerf* to not gimp every other use of discipline
is an exception on smoke screen

a hard cooldown = length +.5 seconds
or +0.2 second cd for each cast inside a 5 second window, reset at 5
or after 5 casts in a row it goes on lock for 2 seconds.. DR ...whatever

no need to expect a knee jerk dismantling of NS/L4N/Prep or any other lateral consequences for this possible unintended effect
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/28/2013 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 01:38 PMPosted by zoid
the only thing that needs a *nerf* to not gimp every other use of discipline
is an exception on smoke screen

a hard cooldown = length +.5 seconds
or +0.2 second cd for each cast inside a 5 second window, reset at 5
or after 5 casts in a row it goes on lock for 2 seconds.. DR ...whatever

no need to expect a knee jerk dismantling of NS/L4N/Prep or any other lateral consequences for this possible unintended effect

knee jerk reaction is the only kind of reaction blizz knows when it comes to nerfing especially this class... lol comon now you should know this already :P

now that the cats outa the bag i expect a heavy handed slap :[
Reply Quote
I do expect changes;
I was surprised that gear reduction% is cumulative rather than multiplicative... (edit I am wrong on this)

Monks have Ascension (4 seconds) 20 sec cd
Beacon of Ytar (20% cooldown reduction) + 10% paragon(<-- broken atm)
you need is 60%** on gear = invulnerable [ bc 20% passive is multiplicative]

way easier on button mashing and doesn't need shlt in the way of gear legacy or crit% either.. zero cost on resource management

thread has showed the DH can do what monks already would
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/28/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sure blizzard already knows that this is possible, no point in deleting thread. I think it's better to be open about it, and suggest good fixes. I think the best fix would be to make smokescreen's 2 second cool down impossible to reduce.
Reply Quote
now all you need is 50% on gear = invulnerable

Getting 50% isn't easy. It works like melee/missile resistance and ccr. The more you have the smaller gain between each addition. Does CDR roll on helms?

If it doesn't, you can only stack (ilvl70)
8 x5 on armor (rings, amulet, shoulders, gloves)
10 x2 on weapon (*not* off-hands)
and 13% with the best Gem (I think)
= 53.55% CDR

I hope my math isn't wrong.

SCR is cumulative
CDR is multiplicative

edit: add more decimal to the same amount as the profile
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 12/28/2013 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 02:39 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
now all you need is 50% on gear = invulnerable

Getting 50% isn't easy. It works like melee/missile resistance and ccr. The more you have the smaller gain between each addition. Does CDR roll on helms?

If it doesn't, you can only stack (ilvl70)
8 x5 on armor (rings, amulet, shoulders, gloves)
10 x2 on weapon (*not* off-hands)
and 13% with the best Gem (I think)
~= 53.6% CDR

I hope my math isn't wrong.

SCR is cumulative
CDR is multiplicative

I was told sources on gear are additive; I have only 1 piece of 6% gear in PTR
I can't check until i get another to drop...ill try to get one

nope you're right they are mult. I was wrong
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/28/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
zoid I got the stuff, you can add me and I will give you the stuff :)

the paragon value is bugged atm, so it doesn't work.
Reply Quote
8% on ring wayward (http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/leg-wyrdward2.jpg)
that could be unique specific
6% on amulets as far as I found(60)

but if best case is 8% on rings/amulet/glove/shoulders
10% on weapons
13% gem
10% paragon
20% passive

that's 58.7% reduction

clearly not possible through those means
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/28/2013 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
These are the values I have found on items in the ptr
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11041484286#2

And if we use the max value (ilvl70), monk 20% and 10% paragon that is 66.56% reduction.

The problem doesn't end with that tho. I don't know if you knew about it but the WD has detail on the mech it calculates this way

[skill (base) x skill (reduction) - item reduction] x CDR

Unless they stack up enough item cost reduction (legacy) they can't spam zero/bomb dog in RoS.
Reply Quote
12/28/2013 02:39 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

SCR is cumulative
CDR is multiplicative

whats the SCR as opposed to cool down reduce?
Reply Quote
Should have explained

SCR = Skill Cost Reduction
CDR = Cooldown Reduction

hope these solved more confusions

You can stack SCR up to 62% (ilvl70) +10% paragon +10% perfectionist (for discipline). IMO we are the best class stacking SCR because we got 2 resource and the benefit is doubled. With enough max discipline you really don't need l4n to perma vault and do all the other stuff.

Stacking CDR without gear swap is not optimal, imo.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 12/28/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
77k DPS and only 1.5 mil toughness? no possible way
Reply Quote
@zoid

It's not unique specific. All legendary items can roll higher stats than other items.
Reply Quote
@nyan

slightly off topic, but i just picked up a Nat's Mark with Socket and 46 AR ;D
Reply Quote
;o
Reply Quote
359 Dex
46 Res All
6% attackspeed
6% Crit chance (replace life per second with)
Reply Quote
Blizzard and anyone with any ability to critically think, knew this was possible... the moment they introduced Diamonds and cooldown reduction as an affix.

It was instant light bulb.

Some ideas:

A. Leave it - players are so concerned about speed of their runs, and once they have enough defense/toughness, they'll go back to saying smokescreen is trash again(even though it never was, ever) and removing it from their skillslots and continue to say the class as a whole needs a buff, etc.

B. Change how smokescreen works:
1. Make it last longer(like 3 sec base, 4 sec Lingering)
2. Upon activation of the skill(any rune) -> break crowd control
3. Demon Hunters can be damaged(but not crowd controlled, vortexed, jailed, etc. or reflected damage) while under smokescreen, although, aggro is dropped per usual.
4. Rework Special Recipe making that the only rune with damage invulnerability, it can already be cooldown reduced but not to the point of chaining it - so people don't feel it's screwed up, even though the damage hit types are stacked(unavoidable instant damage dots and stuff).
5. Maybe allow Displace to be able to phase through mobs.

This way, the essence of smokescreen remains(we're supposed to vanish and not be seen), but you'll bash your head over what rune to choose, for real this time. If you want to travel you Displace, if you want to restore health you Healing Vapor, if you want to stay under smoke longer you Linger, if you want to avoid damage you use Special Recipe, if you want to damage with the attack you Choke em.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 12/29/2013 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
What my proposed changes in my above post allows, is this; The player can chain smokescreen like we've always wanted to do anyway, but we aren't chaining invulnerability. We as the player still need to get the hell out of the way of the DoTs and can't just sit on Plagued or something. Healing Vapors or Special Recipe would be direct combat against that, while Displacement would be indirect. Being able to chain smokescreen also gives Choking Gas a much needed push, and they should allow us to stack the damage as well.

Demon Hunters should be allowed to chain smokescreen to keep the aggro off. Chaining invulnerability is the real issue. But at the same time, that's a silly problem with this game at the foundation, applying instant damages and whatnot... what the hell were they thinking...
Reply Quote
Well said AKF <(^^<)

I personally do think that this 'god-mode' build is a bit too OP in terms of survivability, but you have to gear in a very specific way to make it work effectively.

• 38-40% CD reduction
  • paragon points (currently does not work)
  • affixes from gear
  • a method to handle your discipline resource
  • paragon points
  • resource reduction from affixes on gear
  • special legendaries
  • Are there any legendaries that effect cooldowns for all skills and are unique? I don't know any.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]